Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Noisy library

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is anybody else's uni library really noisy?

I'm sitting in the 'silent study' zone... It'd be quieter sitting on the street reading.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The library at my uni is really noist too even on the quiet study floors, it's so annoying!
  • Options
    good_shoes wrote:
    The library at my uni is really noist too even on the quiet study floors, it's so annoying!
    Yeah, they should ban people for a week if they don't shut the fuck up.

Regardless of deadlines, if you want to make a racket and piss around you can fuck off to the bar.

*stress*
  • Options
    The librarians tell them to be quiet but really it does fuck all and they still carrying on arsing around. I just give them lots of evils and huff and puff alot at them hoping they will get the hint and get lost!
  • Options
    Walk straight up to them, ask them politely to be quiet or leave as you're trying to work.

Hopefully, they'll feel embarassed and either shut up or leave.
  • Options
    ...Mine is unrealistically silent in the study bits...and even in the computer rooms...we have really yappy librarians and computer techies...lol.
  • Options
    Ours is really quiet in the study areas, though in the computer labs it's noisy as fuck.
  • Options
    Well it's dead quiet in the computer lab right now and there are about 20 people here. All you can hear is the sound of the keys...
    And an ocassional yawn...
  • Options
    i don't think i've been in the quiet study bit! but i think i should cos i get annoyed when people have group meetings at a table where im trying to work. if i was in a quiet area and someone was noisy id make it obvious that i wanted them to stfu. :thumb:
  • Options
    The school library can sometimes be really noisy, but the librarians don't doa nything about it apart from telling them to shut up.
  • Options
    Ours is dead quiet where it should be
  • Options
    Ours is quiet where it should be too. We have group study, individual study and silent study areas though, so people generally tend to get the right one.
  • Options
  • Options
    Our library staff have kick out powers, but rarely need to. It's usually creepily quiet and I feel guilty when my wet shoes squeak. :blush:

Saying that ours is really well laid out so even if people ae talking quietly at one desk you probably won't hear them.