Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Don't You Hate it When..

...your mates get in relationships but as they get a free moment they come to you to 'hang out' but all they talk about is "I haven't seen her in 5 days, I miss her' and have gotten real boring.

I also hate idiots who talk to a girl they want, they say a comment about them and they run back asking "do I look like mike tyson (in a bad way) and "am I fat?"

christ, my friends suck (well the 2nd guys not a friend, just a guy in my class who im stuck with)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    the first blokes no fun anymore, he used to joke and now hes a mopey bastard when shes not around. hes gotten really boring as well.
  • Options
    That sounds so familiar. I get really annoyed with people who are like that. Get a boyfriend, never see them, all they talk about is them, they try and set you up with their boyfriends friends etc. One person did all that and then said if I dressed "more tarty" I could pull. Why the hell should I do that?
  • Options
    My mates don't do that [the first thing], if they did they'd get a smack round the chops. It's all well and good to talk about a new partner, or even an old one, but you definitely have to realise that other people just don't find them as utterly fascinating as you do yourself.

I remember when I was younger and on a night out it was surprising to get to midnight without someone having done one to see their fella, or someone babbling ad nauseum about how wonderful they were (fuck off and bore them, then). Now I think my mates are usually pretty relieved to spend time away from their other halves, so maybe it's an age thing... or a narky bitch thing :p

No one has ever asked me "do I look like Mike Tyson [in a bad way]?" so I couldn't possibly comment on how annoying that would be, though I guess it would be very much so.
  • Options
    marie: theres no logic there is there?

my sis says "get him to set you up with one of her friends." thing is, she seems to be more of the stand there and look pretty types and I dont really want a girlfriend anymore anyway, rather get studies out the way first.

the second guy just annoys the fuck out of me like me and another friend go to a chip shop and he says "how fattening are the chips?" me and my mate just think, your 16 stone, 1 bag of chips wont do any worse.
  • Options
    No there isn't. She used to go to college dressed like a stripper and then bunk off to "see" her boyfriend. I dont let anyone try and set me up any more. Even my mum does it she comes home from work and will say or theirs a nice nurse/physio/whatever on the ward. So? I'm not interested.

Depends how old they are as well, if their 16-18 its pretty much standard to be obbsessed with thier girlfriends.
  • Options
    well he was 19 last week. but heres a transcript of their covos on the phone.
    after talking for an hour on MSN.
    mate: why'd you sign off MSN?
    GF: I didn't want to talk on there anymore.
    mate: But when I sign on, so do you
    (backwards + forwards) for about 10 minutes
    mate: so are you coming tomorrow? (Repeated 5 times)
    another 10 minutes
    mate: go to bed, you got to bed when I go to bed
    (Me, bulging vain in head, eyebrow twitching, mouthing "go home!")
    mate: what?
  • Options
    I wouldnt have been mouthing go home, it would have been a bit stronger. Just tell him hes acting aprat and could he please not do it.
  • Options
    I told him hes being desperate and clingy, and hes got real self centered but he changed back for 2 days but he changed back. It don't matter what I tell him, he thinks he knows it all.
  • Options
    Sometimes you just have to leave them to do it. My ex was extremley set in his ways and didnt change anything or even listen to me when I tried to say why he was being an arrogant twat.
  • Options
    ...your mates get in relationships but as they get a free moment they come to you to 'hang out' but all they talk about is "I haven't seen her in 5 days, I miss her' and have gotten real boring.

yup i absolutely hate that. even worse since my b/f lives in another country so i wont have seen him for weeks so when friends go on abt missing their partner after a couple days, it drives me mad!! know i cant rly complain cos its my choice to have long distance but sometimes i just want to tell them to shut the hell up, its a couple days ffs, get a grip! :p
  • Options
    this is one that annoys me, ive got a very good mate who cant stand to be away from his girl, not even for a night, he's always on the phone every 5mins, always txting, says he's not having a good night cos he misses her. its a bit pathetic really. i've told him before that if he isnt enjoying himself not to come out but he still does it.

i dont see my girl as much as i'd like, and i miss her, but i aint always on the phone, will send her a cheeky txt every now, but not constantly.
  • Options
    I do hate that, but then equally I hate it when you have a girlfriend, and your friends get annoyed because you had the nerve to bring her on a night out. It doesn't help that I have the type of friends that will then make no effort to talk to her, but then whinge when I spend time talking to her and not them. I mean fucking hell, if you want to talk to me, at least make an effort to include her in the conversation so she's not sat on her own silently all night.

And the one where someone constantly talks about someone they're obviously into, but then deny it (that's usually me though). Tbh, I don't mind people talking about their girlfriends, but I can't stand it when they're always on about sex with their girlfriend. I mean, we get it, you have sex, stop going on about it. I had one friend who insisted on showing me the "scratch marks." :yuck: The other one I hate is when a friend comes out, and then spends all their time on the phone to someone (usually a gf/bf). Can't say I've ever had a friend not hang out because they were always with their partner though.

The best one though, was when we found out that a girlfriend that our friend would never shut up about was actually ficticious.
  • Options
    once upon a time I was jealous of him, his girl looks like that pussycat doll that does all the singing. but shes not all that bright so Im cool with it. Still though don't mean I wanna hear about what you plan to do to cope while shes away.
  • Options
    I'm in a LDR and it bugs me too when people whinge about not seeing their bf for a few days/a week. Get over it. I'm lucky if i see mine once a month and i don't moan! But i can't really. :p
  • Options
    I know of people who are like that. They always moan about how much they miss their boyfriends, going to meet the boyfriends' parents and how they've only been going out for a few months but are thinking about spending sh!tloads on them for Christmas but don't know what to get them.

[/rant over]
  • Options
    I think we've been down this road of conversation before, but yeah I have a friend like that. Moreover him and his new girl are insensitive wankers, and for some reason she won't get on with me. He told me once that she was doing this thing with him where they said if they ever broke up which friends would each person get to keep. What the fuck's up with that? Sure maybe they're being a bit jokey, but regardless I don't find the thought of someone that doesn't know me saying "oh you can keep him, I don't want him" very attractive.

I find that very sad and childish, tbh.
  • Options
    yeah we have, but it just fucks me off. he keeps coming round uninvited when I want to be left alone. just to talk about his girlfriend when Ive got my own fucking problems.
  • Options
    yeah we have, but it just fucks me off. he keeps coming round uninvited when I want to be left alone. just to talk about his girlfriend when Ive got my own fucking problems.

Tell him not to come round without checking first. Or you use my old favourite "Yes thats nice lets talk about you again all night, never mind my feelings or problems you obviously dont care" as sacarastically as possible.
  • Options
    As I don't do this myself, I would become pretty frustrated if my friend acted like this ... fortunately I havent had the honour of experiencing this.
  • Options
    Nah, never had that. My mates aren't allowed out without their gf's :P

(jokes, kinda.)
  • Options
    I know what you mean..
    a boy whos sort of my friend (who i used to be able to talk to quite alot) is now going out with one of my best friends and its now impossible to talk to him without him talking about her constantly and how obsessed he is. Grrr it annoys me muchly