Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Short and skinny

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend is short (5'5") and thin (26"/28" waist depending on the fit) and he struggles to buy anything that fits him. He has to buy kids clothing to get the waist right but they're always too long (poor love!) and if he buys smaller than an age 14 they are rather tight in the crotch department.

There must be some other men out there who are short and skinny. Where do you get your jeans and trousers from please?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    diesel girls/boys?
    I saw the title and thought "kid's department" but you've already discovered that...
    I'm a skinny lad, but I'm a bit taller and tend to wear my jeans quite low.

I always just buy 30" and wear a belt.

I think maybe a lot of designer shops are good for skinnier people, but if you're not loaded then it'd be a pain.
    The problem with kids departments is the crotch areas aren't made for adults, they're made for boys, so it always looks like he's shoved a pair of socks down his crotch!!

He generally gets his trousers from NEXT boys range (age 14) and pays to have them hemmed, which is often more expensive than the trousers themselves.
    Fuck. Poor guy. I can't imagine being that short.

Have you tried seeing if there are any decent tailors where you live? I know there are a couple of awesome ones in Bristol that do alterations on all sorts of stuff.
    It's not that short really, still taller than a hell of a lot of girls! lol
    28" waist is gonna be the smallest he's gonna get. I don't think I've seen any places do smaller while still being in adult sizes.

Anyway, personally what I'd do (although I have no idea how easy it would be) is learn how to take up jeans myself. This way he can go into places like TK Maxx, pick what he wants from the 28" rail and get the right length himself. I mean let's face it, he isn't getting any taller and most places' adult jeans start at a 30" inside leg. It'll be a handy skill to have.

If he does do this, obviously watch out for those skinny fit jeans that go in at the knee a little, 'cause that bit wont exacatly correspond to the length anymore :/ Then again, I hope he has more sense than to buy those kinda jeans, as they're shite :p
    My old art teacher used to shop in 'Tiny Images'. They sell cloths for 12 and down. Look on the bright side atleast you wont have to pay VAT. lol
    I have a 28" waist and I don't have trouble getting jeans. I am 5'10" though.
    I get my jeans from http://www.pop-boutique.com/newshop/ they have short length jeans but they are flared so depends if he would like them or not.
    Put "short mens clothing" into Google.
    I have a semi-mare getting jeans to fit well. 31 inch waist, 30 inch inside leg.

32/32 is common, 32/30 is not so...
    Thanks for thr advice guys. For the record, he doesn't mind being short. He really likes it (aside from the jeans thing!) so sympathy not needed on that front. He's still taller than me at least! :)