Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stolen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had some at a mates house last night for the first time, mmmmmmmmmm yummy. :)

Comments

• Options
    its Stollen aint it, i love it, we usually have it every xmas...so tasty..but so filling.
  • Options
    I bloody love stollen, I must've eaten my weight in it this year already... though I did get a good headstart, been eating it since October :yum::yum::yum:
  • Options
    Lard ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Homer%20drooling.jpg
  • Options
    Can't stand it. The family I stayed with in Bavaria used to spend ages making their own Stollen and all loved it and I used to feel so bad turning it down.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its gorgeous but I've not had this year yet :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Mmmmmm, I do like stollen :yum:
  • Options
    this time next year ill be eatin stollen in vienna :hyper: incidently the stuff they sell at the xmas market here is sexyback
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Its gorgeous but I've not had this year yet :(
    Get some at the Leeds German Christmas market thingy whatsit. They've got the sausages like in York too :yes:
  • Options
    Get some at the Leeds German Christmas market thingy whatsit.

Ours has been banned :(
  • Options
    what is stollen? I thought you were going to say something like you left a ham on the windowsil and someone stole it!
  • Options
    It's a light fruit cake with marzipan in the middle, usually topped with toasted nuts and cherries.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote:
    what is stollen? I thought you were going to say something like you left a ham on the windowsil and someone stole it!
    Stollen is a bread-like cake traditionally made in Germany, usually eaten during the Christmas season as Weihnachtsstollen or Christstollen. Stollen (originally Striezel) was created in Dresden in around 1450, and the most famous Stollen is still the Dresdner Stollen, sold, among other places, at the local Striezelmarkt Christmas market.

Stollen is a light airy fruitcake made with yeast, water and flour, and usually dried citrus peel (called "Zitronad(e)), dried fruit, almonds, and spices such as cardamom and cinnamon; the dough is quite low in sugar. The finished cake is sprinkled with icing sugar. The traditional weight is 2 kg, but smaller sizes are now available.
  • Options
    I got some in Lidl :love:
  • Options
    sounds yak, coz I don't like fruitcake. But, marzipan is yum, so I guess I could be persuaded to try it,