Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How many....?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if i have a boyfriend a lot more, with my most recent ex, hed send me about 2 a day, plus about 2/3 form other people, so 5. With the ex before that hed send e about 30 a day, plus 2/3 from other people, so 32/33 a day.

And without a boyfriend, 2 or 3 a day
    Used to be very few from my mum or brother if they wanted something. Its currently anything from 15-30ish a day depending on how busy I'am. I hardly use to call anyone though.
    Today I have received 60 text messages. So far. 6 of them were from my dad, the other 54 were from the boy. And he was too busy to text me this morning, which means I'm about 10-20 (at least) down on normal days. Considering it's almost a constant between 8am and whenever I go to bed, I would say that's not too many. But I know it looks like millions.

I can't help it, I miss him when he's not here and I can't phone him when I'm at college and he's at work :(.

Hurrah for unlimited free texts tbh >.<.
    I know a lot of dudes and dudettes in relationships and I know for a fact that they don't text that much. When I was in london I saw all the time people got their cell phone whipped out. I heard people are txting managers, clients, customers and bosses. you would never do that around here.

If I got 60 text messages on one day I fricken drown the cell in the donau (after I called the cops on the sender).
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I know a lot of dudes and dudettes in relationships and I know for a fact that they don't text that much.
    I don't get to see him or speak to him nearly as much as I'd like to. I know that's not an excuse, but meh. He basically knows every last detail of my day.
    Franki wrote:
    I don't get to see him or speak to him nearly as much as I'd like to. I know that's not an excuse, but meh. He basically knows every last detail of my day.

this is just my opinion and I don't say it's a bad thing for everyone, but this:
    He basically knows every last detail of my day.

is a very, very undesireable thing (for me).
    I've just realised that it's actually 12 from other people, but that's still 48 (52 now, actually) from the boy. And he's trying to tell me it's not his fault :p.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    is a very, very undesireable thing (for me).
    Why? It's not like I'm shoving it on him. Just things which are pissing me off and stuff. There's also a lot of "I love you" messages on the many occasions when I feel soppy.
    It might be a nice thing that someone is thinking of you. But I'd feel like I don't have any free minute of my day where nobody doesn't want to know something from me, or doesn't want to tell me any bollocks I don't care about.

I like getting texts, and I am not bitter, but I think you can take it too far.
    Imagine you are swimming or playing footie and you come back to your cellphone and have to wad through 20 absolutely inane texts whereas the last 4 couldn't even be received, because your inbox is bursting (and they have been all from your grandmother who is buried under her cupboard texting for help).

I thought I was clingy, but if I got a text saying "I was just having a poop." or "a coworker just tripped LOL." or "I just bought the freshest bottle of milk in my life." I'd have a word with my cellphone company to block certain numbers from contacting me.
    It's not like that though. Maybe I was a bit too wide with "every last detail", but he knows the things which annoy me, the things which have made me happy, and the important things like how my daddy said he's gonna be nice to him when he meets him on Sunday :p.

I dunno. It's hard to justify sending so many messages, but to me it doesn't seem that many. It doesn't seem like I'm sending that many when I'm doing it, I didn't realise I'd sent so many until I checked. I don't send lots of messages when I know he's busy (key word there: KNOW), but because I get a bit insecure sometimes, if he doesn't tell me he's busy I have a tendency to think he's ignoring me. So he got about 6 messages from me this morning before I got a reply :o. I don't get lots of messages when I'm at work and I don't check it, because I don't reply, and so I don't get another one til I CAN reply. I guess it's kind of a security thing. My ex never used to text me at all hardly and it made me really paranoid about why. *shrug*.
    Well, lucky thing you got such a tolerant boyfriend. Getting 6 texts while the morning shower is a valid reason for divorce I reckon.

I imagine when you two meet up.

"Hey boyfriend."
    "hey how are you... oh nevermind answering that, I read it about 15 times."
    "hehe... well what did you get up to today?"
    "I told you about 23 times today already."
    "yeah right... Wanna watch a movie?"
    "you asked that already, I chose it too."
    "ok. Let me tell you today..."
    "you witnessed how somebody got mugged? horrible."
    "yea... totally and I..."
    "bought a new set of ear rings, right? Yea, I read that, like trice."
    He wasn't in the shower, he was at work. And it's not like it was "oh, he hasn't replied since 5 minutes ago, he must be ignoring me". Meh.

And we do have proper conversations sometimes. It's not always completely mundane stuff.

I feel really clingy now :(.
    Franki wrote:
    He wasn't in the shower, he was at work. And it's not like it was "oh, he hasn't replied since 5 minutes ago, he must be ignoring me". Meh.

And we do have proper conversations sometimes. It's not always completely mundane stuff.

I feel really clingy now :(.

I don't see a problem with it, if he's the same way.
    Different strokes for different folks, you know.

It's just my opinion, and I am an outlandish weirdo anyhoo.
    lol, none xP
    hurray! ok screw this, i get the point: people in relationships get shit loads of texts.

i was just checking.

it just seems like my phone has become redundant and useless, whats the point in having a phone if nobody texts it. i remember a few months ago, when i lost my phone in my room. eventually after finding it a few days later, to my surprise, it was textless/missed call-less.

if i had no friends i would understand why i dont recieve texts/calls. but its the fact that i DO have some good mates around the country who never get in touch untill they get back home in the holidays. is it just the fact that im a bloke and single? do people who fall into that demographic qualify for not actually needing a phone?

humph:confused::(
    From friends, hardly any. I talk to most of them on MSN to catch up. I have a few friends that I can count on to send me a really corny joke type message. I love those.

From my boyfriend, again hardly any! He rings me during the day if he wants a natter. I send him joke texts which I think are funny, he'll not reply then when he see's me he'll bring up the joke and take the piss. I reckon he's secretly tight with his text message funds cuz usually he replies to me over myspace which I might add, is when he is at work.
    Personally I don't give a monkey's if I don't get any texts - I actually prefer it when I don't.

I use the SMS facility if the subject really isn't worth a phone call (i.e. I'll be 5 minutes late), but tend to avoid it.

My ex (dancer on skates in the clip in the other thread) used to use SMS or MSN to run her life! Was pretty "urgh", and I tried to keep it to a minimum where possible...

I just prefer face to face "human" contact to deal with people - although email is useful when dealing with friends who are abroad.
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Personally I don't give a monkey's if I don't get any texts - I actually prefer it when I don't.

I use the SMS facility if the subject really isn't worth a phone call (i.e. I'll be 5 minutes late), but tend to avoid it.

My ex (dancer on skates in the clip in the other thread) used to use SMS or MSN to run her life! Was pretty "urgh", and I tried to keep it to a minimum where possible...

I just prefer face to face "human" contact to deal with people - although email is useful when dealing with friends who are abroad.

Are you intentionally trying to highlight exactly who your ex was in every post you make, or does it just seem like it to me? Are you expecting us all to go "wow, you lucky thing! I'm jealous!" or something? Why is it at all relevant who she is here?
    Are you intentionally trying to highlight exactly who your ex was in every post you make, or does it just seem like it to me? Are you expecting us all to go "wow, you lucky thing! I'm jealous!" or something? Why is it at all relevant who she is here?

He did it so we can stereotype her.
    From my boyfriend, again hardly any! He rings me during the day if he wants a natter. I send him joke texts which I think are funny, he'll not reply then when he see's me he'll bring up the joke and take the piss. I reckon he's secretly tight with his text message funds cuz usually he replies to me over myspace which I might add, is when he is at work.

That sounds about right. Of course a little text here and there does not hurt. But he makes a phone call for a little chat (I do so too, after for example some things gathered together to properly speak about), and I prefer that much more than a silly emotion-less text.
    He'll even come to speak of your texts which means he is thinking of it.
    Be happy he's a ok with his finances, that's a good prospect for the future.
    Ewww texts.

I don't like texting much anymore. Its such an effort. Ha. I prefer to have proper conversations hence why my minutes are more important than my text allowance.

I'd say though, if I'm not in a relationship, I get between 0-10 texts a day. It completely depends. If I'm in a relationship, it completely depends on the boy I'm dating. I've had exes who have been super clingy and sent loads and had others that don't send any at all. I prefer something inbetween. Not too many. Not none at all.

As for how many I send, I don't send many texts at all when I'm not in a relationship. Its like I only text when its necessary, lol. When I am in a relationship, I don't like to send too many because one of my exes said he didn't like it. Said it was a bit clingy and he wanted a bit of his own space so I kinda grew out of sending so many ages ago. I don't wanna come across as clingy! I think it depends on the person you are in a relationship with though. Personally, I don't like too many or like to send too many. I don't have enough time in my day to do that and personally, have much better things to do with my time.
    Onyxfalcon wrote:
    personally I like it if the girl is 'clingy', makes you feel more loved. :)
    Really? Every boy I've been with has found it really unattractive whenever I've sent a few too many texts :o They've all said it comes across as clingy and stuff. I don't send many at all now as a result! Hahaha.
    I don't like texting much anymore. Its such an effort. Ha. I prefer to have proper conversations hence why my minutes are more important than my text allowance.
    Same here. I spent over an hour talking to a friend on the phone last night, and I've done that every month or so since the end of uni. And as a result, she's probably the person from uni (and a couple of others) that I know the best and who I can still talk to most easily. Then I've got some other friends who I text every month or so to see how they are, and I don't always have a clue what they're up to or how they are. I really should phone people more. Texting's shit.

I also find that when you text someone, it's hard to come across as genuine. I can't do those "Oh, I'm so sorry you broke up. Hope you feel better." type of texts, they just sound fake.
    Kermit wrote:
    Most days none, a couple at most.

Texting stops being a sign of how popular you are when you become an adult.
    Sadly, all my texts are work-related most of the time :( I probably get about 5 or 6 from other people in the union and about 4 from family and friends in an average weekday.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    He did it so we can stereotype her.

Exactly - pretty simple, huh?

Nice girl but it was infuriating not being able to discuss anything serious by any other means other than SMS/MSN as she felt uncomfortable doing so either on the phone or face to face.

Also - 1 post showing the girl, and 1 post referencing said post is hardly bombarding people. Jesus.
    Onyxfalcon wrote:
    personally I like it if the girl is 'clingy', makes you feel more loved.

I hate clingy - puts me off almost instantly. One of the worst traits a person can have when it comes to a relationship for me.
    Between 40 - 60 a day.

My bf lives 100 miles away and I have two other close mates I'm usually always in touch with. Don't see anything wrong with it.

Today has been a bit different cos I sent one msg to fourteen people at once (letting them know the company I work for has been bought and I won't lose my job - hurrah!) so I've been getting lots of replies / questions about that :) Also, I'm off sick and bored! :(
    Usually I get like 10+ messages a day, but I natter more to people on MySpazz since I can't text at work.

But since I put an open can of Red Stripe in my bag the other night my phone refuses to work. :/
    Being clingy makes you feel like she really wants to be with you, but if she is distant it kinda feels as if you're with her just untill somone better comes along, I guess everyone is differnt, but thats just the way I feel.
    depends bout 15ish 20 on a good day it depends whos got credit
    None usually. The people I txt generally don't txt back :grump:
    Today I've received 60 texts, one from O2, 10-15 from friends and the rest from a boy I know from college. This is pretty much a one off though, normally get 0-5, depending on whether I'm arranging to go out or such like.