Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UCAS Application Number....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm trying to use the goddamn UCAS Track service, and I need an Application Number. I don't know where I get it from. Apparently UCAS are supposed to send it to me, but my application got sent off two days ago, I've had two emails from two Unis saying they've received said application, but no sodding Application Number from UCAS.

How long is it supposed to take >.<?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It comes in the post, about a week after your application got sent off if my brothers is anything to go by.

However, don't stress too much about not getting the info, as you'll get an email if the status of your UCAS Track thingy changes (ie you get any answers), so you don't have the torture previous years had of logging into UCAS every 5 minutes (instead you just need to check your email).
    But I told them I didn't want anything in the post on my application :o.

I don't like letters, I lose them, emails are easier.
    I think they post that one regardless, there's some stuff you can't opt out of however hard you try.

If you've not heard anything in a week then try getting in touch.
    Balls. I'm so gonna lose that piece of paper :o.

If I've got nada by Wednesday, I shall email them and say "what the hell, UCAS?!?!?!?"

Or something.
    Well email the important content of that piece of paper to yourself then!

You are however going to have to learn to deal with paperwork if you want to cope at uni, apart from anything else you'll need to sort out your student finance!
    I will be organised at Uni. I'm just not organised RIGHT NOW. I have 2 years worth of work that needs sorting out :(.
    You need to be organised before you get there though! That's when you have to sort all the funding and defeat the UCAS system and get your place.

May I suggest getting a folder, and putting all your UCAS paperwork, your offer letters, paper copies of any emails with important stuff (offers etc), and any finance stuff (at some point this will probably need a separate folder) in it.

It's worth having a non electronic copy of the important stuff in case the electrics all go wrong. Doesn't have to be a ring binder, one of those card jobs that you put stuff inside will do the trick.

Trust me, keeping it all somewhere vaguely safe is worth it in the long run (spoken from someone who lost half their paperwork and it's so not worth the grief).
    Yeh agreeing with the folder of important stuff. That is the one organised thing in my life, passport cheque books, rent stuff, ucas etc. It may be some on the email it'll be 07______.
    Franki wrote:
    But I told them I didn't want anything in the post on my application :o. I don't like letters, I lose them, emails are easier.
    I'm afraid, Franki, that you will need to keep some letters. In particular, once you have got a place at a university, you'll be sent a letter which you will need to show to your bank as proof that you're about to become a student. They can't give a student account with a nice, hefty overdraft to just anyone, after all.
    Yeh agreeing with the folder of important stuff. That is the one organised thing in my life, passport cheque books, rent stuff, ucas etc. It may be some on the email it'll be 07______.
    It would be unlikely to appear on an email "for security reasons".