Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

McDonalds

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you give two fucks about the morality behind the food you’re eating, you won’t eat at McDonalds.

There are many places that are far far worse, though. Which is the depressing thing. The animal care of McDonald's tends to be very good now, certainly better than at many other names who don't have the name of mud.

There was an interesting article on BBCi the other day about how Burger King and McDonalds are tarred with the "junk food" label, but many other restaurant chains which serve food with less nutritional value are still seen as classy venues. It's interesting how Subway, for instance, is seen as healthy yet their sandwiches are fattier and more calorific than the burgers and Maccy D's. Story.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the stories of poor hygiene- GWST saw some horrors at the Burger King she used to work at- but it isn't exclusive to fast food restaurants. I doubt anyone would ever eat out again if they saw what really happened in the kitchens of their favourite restaurant.
    i love it even tho i know how terrible for me it is
    JsT wrote:
    I am impressed by the matchmakers McFlurry.

What is this... I want :(

If you give two fucks about the morality behind the food you’re eating, you won’t eat at McDonalds.

In day-to-day life though, I don't spend much / any time pondering over the morality of the food that I'm about to eat. I just want a tasty snack. If I stopped finding McDonald's food tasty, I'd stop eating there. Which I do sometimes.
    I'm going to McDonald's in a while, any recommendations?
    HIT wrote:
    I'm going to McDonald's in a while, any recommendations?
    Drive past it
    icey wrote:
    Drive past it
    :lol:
    I had a gorgeous Quarter Pounder meal today in Boro :yum:

That's my craving taken care of for the next 3 momths.
    Kermit wrote:
    That's my craving taken care of for the next 3 momths.

And your gym membership justified for 3 months too :D
    icey wrote:
    Drive past it
    I did, and ended up in KFC. :blush:
    HIT wrote:
    I did, and ended up in KFC. :blush:

:yuck: I'll never understand you brits with your KFC likes! Deep fried tendons Rather eat raw chicken fat. :\
    my_name wrote:
    :yuck: I'll never understand you brits with your KFC likes! Deep fried tendons Rather eat raw chicken fat. :\
    Everything in America tastes nasty. Take American bread for example, British bread tastes alot better. :D

KFC is no different. :D
    Yes, everything :rolleyes:
    my_name wrote:
    Yes, everything :rolleyes:
    If your Burger King veggie burger is anything to go by... :razz:
    If your Burger King veggie burger is anything to go by... :razz:

Yeah that was something :p *shudders* I'm pretty sure I saw a piece of red pepper in it once... can't remember if I shared that one with ya
    I don't like McDonalds, as it gives me the squits! But I have to say I'm a sucker for Big Tasty's! they are so yummy in my tummy! Our local McD's is crap though, they're always lop sided & the lettuce looks like it's been pre-chewed by half a dozen starving rabbits! Subway is so much better.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    HIT wrote:
    Everything in America tastes nasty. Take American bread for example, British bread tastes alot better. :D

That's cos they load it with preservatives.
    Weekender Offender 
    disgusting as it may be compared to purer products, i still eat in mcdonalds. i like the taste of it, unhealthy as it may be.

but perhaps more importantly, i have very little time during the day or night to cook a proper meal, not to mention more expensive at times, although i would prefer it over fast food.
    chocolate milkshake, yummy.
    I used to eat McD's all the time untill one day about 5 years ago i bit into the burger to find this descusting bit or bone, that's put me off ever since.
    HIT wrote:

american food is soooo niiice! Well it was in florida. Meat especially is done to a much higher standard because demand is so huge.

I agree about the bread though, they sweeten it and it tastes vile. :yuck:
    That's what i missed most....bread!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote:
    Meat especially is done to a much higher standard because demand is so huge.

By higher standard do you mean loaded with hormones?
    Weekender Offender 
    HIT wrote:

You clearly haven't been to the KFC's around here then...
    Grim... Not really a fast food fan.
    I've not ate in McDonalds for years but my boyfriend was sad when they stopped doing the quorn burgers cause him and his mate used to go once a week, which i always found a bit grim, and apparently the chips are rubbish now because they have gone from being too salty to no salty at all! I used to love the chips when i was little.
    McDonalds is quick and easy but I would rather have a pizza slice from the pizza hut slice bar , or even better go in and have the pizza buffet :thumb:
    I had that new Angus burger from Burger King today. Fuck me, I nearly came it was that good.
    The Crunchie McFlurry is insane in the membrane! :yum:
    ruby_soho wrote:
    apparently the chips are rubbish now because they have gone from being too salty to no salty at all!
    I make the best chips in the whole establishment, because I tip half the salt shaker over them XD.

(Exaggerating, obviously, but it's noticable when people don't salt the fries, and the fries I make are FABULOUSLY good)
    Franki wrote:
    I make the best chips in the whole establishment, because I tip half the salt shaker over them XD.

(Exaggerating, obviously, but it's noticable when people don't salt the fries, and the fries I make are FABULOUSLY good)

Well if i ever happen to come into your McDonalds i shall expect some nice and salty chips, just like out of my yoof a la franki style :p
    Do they still do happy meals!? I loved them back in the day when you got Lion King toys with them :thumb:
    Haha. If I was on fries, you would get the best Maccy's fries you've ever eaten :p. They do still do Happy Meals, aye. Get lots of chav girls coming through asking for them to try not and look fat XD. But we have Flushed Away toys atm. RUBBISH, MUCH.