Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ive hurt my leg

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and i cant decide whether to go to a & e to get checked out for fractures. i walked into the side of the radiator and hit my knee on the sharp corner. i cant bend it all the way and its hurtin to walk. do you think its badly bruised or should i get it checked out?

Comments

• Options
    and i cant decide whether to go to a & e to get checked out for fractures. i walked into the side of the radiator and hit my knee on the sharp corner. i cant bend it all the way and its hurtin to walk. do you think its badly bruised or should i get it checked out?
    I cant see no harm in getting it checked out to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    yeh thats what im thinkin, thanx :)
  • Options
    If you get it checked out and it is just bruised, they may still give you some painkillers so walking is less painful, so it's probably worth while :)
  • Options
    I'd Ice and Elevate it for an hour or so before you go, and take some Ibuprofen. That way you'll be able to tell them you've already tried that and it didn't work (or you may find it helps).

Wrap some ice in a tea towel and hold to the sore bit, with the sore bit elevated so it's above your heart. Keep the ice on for 20 minutes, then take it off and do it again a while later if it still hurts.

Take the max dose of ibuprofen it says on the packet, it's a painkiller and and antiflammatory, so will do it some good as well as reducing the pain.
  • Options
    ive just got back, ive bruised and cut the muscle which is why i cant move it too well because i cant stretch the muscle or summits. nothings broken anyway :)
  • Options
    i would probably say its unlikely you've broke it if you can walk (with pain) especailly with it being a knee, they pretty sensitive, probably just a bit of bruising. i wouldnt have thought it were worth bothering A+E for, i'd take the advice of the others here and see how it is in 2-3days.
  • Options
    oops, you've posted while i was typing. ignore it then.
  • Options
    Glad to hear nothing's broken, look after it though and follow whatever instructions they gave you. Soft tissue damage can be far more problematic than breaks if you don't look after it properly.