Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hope You Die Soon...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Checks out news reports*

Yep! Pinochet is still dead this morning.

Fabulous!

:)
  • Options
    Elsewhere on this thread, prior to that post, I've called him an 'unpleasant dictator' and acknowledged that he's responsible for mass murder. And I stand by all of my posts on this thread including that recent one you consider significantly different. I don't see any contradiction in my views.

Your previous views did not condemn him - they always had some weaselly bullshit about how Pinochet led the way for democracy etc.
  • Options
    Lenin was weak and was the unfortunate object of a personality cult.

Stalin on the other hand, was a fucking legend. Best ruler Russia had since Peter the Great.

Stalin was a psycho nutter scumbag. How anyone can defend him is beyond me.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    LOL dead.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Blagsta wrote:

Go ask the Veterans of the war...

Stalin whislt a butcher and a bit lost upstairs, did ALOT of Russia. He also was THE most important ruler in WW2. Without him, Russia would not have been an Industrial Powerhouse for so long. And WW2 would have been lost.
  • Options
    And that excuses him does it?
  • Options
    No, but then, the fact that if Hitler had died in 1936 he probably would have been a celebrated european leader doesn't excuse him either.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Go ask the Veterans of the war...

Stalin whislt a butcher and a bit lost upstairs, did ALOT of Russia. He also was THE most important ruler in WW2. Without him, Russia would not have been an Industrial Powerhouse for so long. And WW2 would have been lost.

Without him the Russians might not have executed their best generals before the war and then positioned most of their troops in the best places for them to be encircled and destroyed. A more sane leader in the USSR in 1941 and the USSR would probably have beaten Germany by 1942.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Me too :yes: