Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need some help.. researching.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a bit of a plea for help... I have this huuuge project to do for my final year of my degree for the 13th of January, basically I need as many people to fill in the attached survey as possible, particularly Brits. If anyone can spare some time I would appreciate it so much, it's not very long and pretty simple.

I am not sure what the best thing to do would be.. whether to attach it here, email it or msn it to me at littlepinkdollybird@hotmail.com

If you have some spare time I'd REALLY appreciate it, it's hard getting diverse information from people I know in person.

Thanks! xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Made a start but its too long, sorry i just cba
    Lol no probs thanks for trying though , I don't expect many to do it anyway because it is fairly long :D
    It's a very repetitive survey... I didn't design it, it's from some theorist- hence why it's extra boring. Got to compare my results with American results. Thanks so much for the help I appreciate it because it's so boring :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Moved to "We need you" as that's where such requests belong. It's also in the registration rules that you need to ask for permission for this kind of thing - so please do so next time - cheers.
    Done and emailed. :)
    Sorry been registered here for ages and never actually read the rules properly.. I'm naughty. Thanks for moving it though and not deleting, because it's already been a big help to me since I posted, takes a lot of the stress off me :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I wouldn't normally but as you asked nicely!

It wont let me put it on here so I'll email it now.
    I started it but got confused, example on the second question, is the married womans legal name Parker? She kept her maiden name and didn't change it to Wilson? Or her last name is now Wilson, but used to be Parker...
    Perhaps the education question needs to be rewritten if you have a British audience in mind?
    It's basically about how you interpret ms and mrs, so for the elaine parker- parker is her original birth surname but she is married to mr wilson- you can interpret it as she kept parker as her surname, or she has taken wilson. it's basically just how you interpret the question. it's confusing i know, i would rewrite it all if i could but the results wouldn't be fair for comparison.

Thanks to all who have responded :)
    onabun wrote:
    It's basically about how you interpret ms and mrs, so for the elaine parker- parker is her original birth surname but she is married to mr wilson- you can interpret it as she kept parker as her surname, or she has taken wilson. it's basically just how you interpret the question. it's confusing i know, i would rewrite it all if i could but the results wouldn't be fair for comparison.

Thanks to all who have responded :)

But a legal name is not really up for interpertation... If that were the case I'd just call everybody Smith and that options not on your thing :p
    I emailed it back to you at your hotmail address- hope the highlighter thingy worked! If not- just let me know and I'll do it again.

Good luck!