Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Liverpool = Shit

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    migpilot wrote:
    And you call me a 6 year old!!

And what?

Don't you think it's reasonable to question your theory of 'you're only as good as your last game'? It just highlights how poor Liverpool have been if you have to say things like that to try and get one up on United.

I apologise if I offended you though. I didn't mean it in a nasty way.
    Have you watched every Liverpool game from this season?
    Didn't think so.
    Shut up.

What has watching every game got to do with it. I see enough live games and highlights on Football First to see how a team are playing. Even so Gerrard's goal and assist tally coupled with Liverpool's shite results are enough to tell anyone Gerrard's not been playing well. I'm sure he'll come good and his first goal will help him.
    Addict wrote:
    And what?

Don't you think it's reasonable to question your theory of 'you're only as good as your last game'? It just highlights how poor Liverpool have been if you have to say things like that to try and get one up on United.

I apologise if I offended you though. I didn't mean it in a nasty way.

What has watching every game got to do with it. I see enough live games and highlights on Football First to see how a team are playing. Even so Gerrard's goal and assist tally coupled with Liverpool's shite results are enough to tell anyone Gerrard's not been playing well. I'm sure he'll come good and his first goal will help him.

Mate, if you;ve seen my posts about football before, you would know that I would never try to get one up on United, unless i am just taking the piss. United's gotta a long way to go to be as legendary as Liverpool.

Anyway, Liverpool's problem this year has been the sloppy defence for one, having conceded 15 goals already and only 22 all season last year. Therefore, Gerrard has been forced to be slightly on the back foot. We have also suffered with injuries. As far as Gerrard's play, he's done his best this year in the position Benitez has put him and that position depends on how his teammates are playing. Therefore, Gerrard's performances seem poor. Personally, I think Gerrard needs a rest and he is still not recovered from last season. Mind you, he;s got 3 goals in 3 games, lets see what happens.

All fun and games....
    migpilot wrote:
    United's gotta a long way to go to be as legendary as Liverpool.

:D:D:D:D:D
    godscop wrote:

something in your teeth mate. ;)
    godscop wrote:

He is right though.
    migpilot wrote:
    United's gotta a long way to go to be as legendary as Liverpool.

I gotta disagree with that. Of course Liverpool have won more, but Man Utd are more renound world-wide, the're probably the most supported club football side in the world. I think it was the munich air disaster / busby babes thing that made 'em that way and gave them that air of being 'Legendary'...
    I gotta disagree with that. Of course Liverpool have won more, but Man Utd are more renound world-wide, the're probably the most supported club football side in the world. I think it was the munich air disaster / busby babes thing that made 'em that way and gave them that air of being 'Legendary'...

Do the words 'glory supporter' mean anything to you?
    ha, indeed.

anyway, no one's won anything yet, and last season's trophies are still shining bright.

hows the league cup doing guys? i'm sorry southend managed to wrestle that one away from you.
    In terms of legend, United are just as big if not bigger than Liverpool.

In terms of success, Liverpool are ahead, but I'm sure they'd trade a considerable amount of it to have won just ONE premiership. The days of the perpetual passback to Grobbelaar are well and truly over scousers.
    well if we're picking certain start dates, lets start over the last couple of years. champions league and f/a cup vs league cup.

i think its better from the dawn of time dont you?
    hazell wrote:
    well if we're picking certain start dates, lets start over the last couple of years. champions league and f/a cup vs league cup.

i think its better from the dawn of time dont you?

I wasn't picking start dates. I was just saying how scousers would love to win a Premiership and would trade a considerable amount of past success to get one I'm sure.

United haven't won much in their transition period, but they're on the right tracks to being great again. Can't say the same for Liverpool.
    Sofie wrote:
    Do the words 'glory supporter' mean anything to you?

If you are implying i'm a glory supporter, i'm not, I dont support man utd or liverpool. As for Man Utd's fan base, yes many may be glory supporters, but it doesn't matter, Man Utd still have the biggest fan base worldwide and are still the world's most 'legendary' club. Ask most neutrals, and this doesn't include Kermit (!) and the vast majority will tell you the same...
    Man Utd still have the biggest fan base worldwide and are still the world's most 'legendary' club. Ask most neutrals, and this doesn't include Kermit (!) and the vast majority will tell you the same...

Perhaps when Man Utd win another five European Cups they will earn the right to mentioned in the same breath as Bayern Munich and Real Madrid and AC Milan.

If you are a legendary club you compete at the top of the game consistently- Man Utd have done very very well domestically since 1992 (but hadn't won the league for 20 years before that) but Nottingham Forest have won the top prize in Europe as often as Man Utd have. Liverpool have always been there or thereabouts, so have Real, so have Juventus, Milan, Bayern Munich. As far as I am aware, Man Utd have only ever been in three European finals. That's the same amount as Celtic who, whilst being a famous name, are not a footballing powerhouse.

Most neutrals, when asked for the most legendary name in world football, will tell you it is Real Madrid. Anyone who says it isn't is a fool.
    Kermit wrote:
    Perhaps when Man Utd win another five European Cups they will earn the right to mentioned in the same breath as Bayern Munich and Real Madrid and AC Milan.

If you are a legendary club you compete at the top of the game consistently- Man Utd have done very very well domestically since 1992 (but hadn't won the league for 20 years before that) but Nottingham Forest have won the top prize in Europe as often as Man Utd have. Liverpool have always been there or thereabouts, so have Real, so have Juventus, Milan, Bayern Munich. As far as I am aware, Man Utd have only ever been in three European finals. That's the same amount as Celtic who, whilst being a famous name, are not a footballing powerhouse.

Most neutrals, when asked for the most legendary name in world football, will tell you it is Real Madrid. Anyone who says it isn't is a fool.

Ah well, at least he didn't say Liverpool! To me though, it isn't just about what you've won, it's about the aura and the size of the club and about it's history aswell. Admittedly, Real Madrid is a hard one to argue though, since they won the first six European Cups or something like that...
    Real's history is bigger, Real's ground is bigger.
    yeah, but they is foreign innit.
    I would never say United are "bigger" than Real, though I think we've got more global recognition, which only means something to the men in suits.

What exactly are the scousers legendry for anyway? Isn't it strange how since the backpass rule was introduced they've won 0, thats ZERO league titles.......a few cups doesn't make up for that.

If any of you think it does remember we won a few cups in the 70's and 80's, didn't make us the better than you, although we've always been better to watch even when we were absoloute shite.

European Cups: 2
    Murders: 0
    godscop wrote:
    European Cups: 2
    Murders: 0

:confused:

So that Palace fan killed himself in the FA Cup semi-final at Villa Park did he?

It's a bit early to be at the cooking sherry, don't you think?