Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pet hates

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luvmeright wrote:
    and also people who walk around either in supermarkets or town centres and then just stop right infront of you that really annoys me :mad:

Tell me about it! Especially when they can move to the side but just stop right in the middle. Then you try and squeeze past and they have a go.
    People who don't know the difference between there, their and they're.
    When you're talking to someone and the conversation is obviously over but they just sit there and stare at you for several more minutes. Ackward.
    The fact that if I buy a finglands bus pass, I then watch 5 magic buses go past before a finglands appear or if I buy a magic bus pass loads of finglands appear.
    People deliberately talking pidgeon French at me. (I'm a linguist, it annoys me)
    The people that block my drive with their cars on a friday when they go to the mosque round the corner.
    Hypocrites
    Social smokers who always pinch cigs off me coz they won't buy their own as they only smoke socially:banghead:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:

God, that pisses me off. Almost as much as your and you're.
    Oh just thought of this one...

When people leave toast crumbs in the butter, or any spread

And, godforbid, this one is just nasty... for example, when you have some peanut butter left on the knife that you don't want to use, instead of just washing it off...putting it back in the jar :yuck:
    When im at work serving someone on the till and they suddenly decide to wander off and look at something accross the other side of the store while there are other customers waiting to be served.

Again when im serving on the till and the customer behind the person im serving stands really close behind them and puts their things on the counter while the 1st person is still being served.

Rude customers who expect me to be nice to them

Shoplifters - you are fucking obvious! if you walk into a shop carrying a big bag, looking like a tramp, have scabs all over your face and keep looking round at all the staff it is pretty obvious that you are going to try and steal from us.

Customers that ask me things when im blatantly talking to another customer or am in the middle of doing something (like carrying something heavy).

Can you sense a theme here? :chin:
    Kermit wrote:
    Same here. But I've been guilty of getting it wrong when I'm not thinking about what i'm typing but I usually correct it straight away.
    People that say, "Not like I want to say something, but...."

or, "nothing against you, philipp, but..."

STOP THAT, with that "but" you totally erase you're aforegoing sentence-fragment.

If you don't want to say anything THEN SHUT UP
    and if you don't have anything against someone, don't say something against him!
    StrubbleS wrote:
    People that say, "Not like I want to say something, but...."

or, "nothing against you, philipp, but..."

STOP THAT, with that "but" you totally erase you're aforegoing sentence-fragment.

If you don't want to say anything THEN SHUT UP
    and if you don't have anything against someone, don't say something against him!

OH, you've reminded me of another ;)

People, that like proper use like the words "like" and like "proper" in like proper random places.
    Another one - when people pull out to the right before turning left (or to the left before turning right). There's no need to do this unless you are driving a massive lorry or something. I hate it when I am in a middle lane and the car on the left and the car on the right move into my lane! Just drive normally round the flipping corner you dumbarses!
    On the same note as icey:

People that think it is my fault that their food isn't ready straight away, especially when it's busy.
    People that are talking on their mobiles coming through drive-thru.
    People that try and get away with not paying on drive-thru.
    People that cancel entire orders because we don't have one stupid thing, or the guy who decided to cancel an entire £20 order because we're not allowed to mix Sprite with Fanta.
    People who don't listen to me and then when they've paid and I've given them their order they say "I wanted a meal" or "I wanted it large" FUCKOFF.
    People who, when you say "do you want that as a meal?", say no, then proceed to order fries and a drink. Eugh.
    Franki wrote:
    People that try and get away with not paying on drive-thru.

I must ask, how does that one work?
    icey wrote:
    When im at work serving someone on the till and they suddenly decide to wander off and look at something accross the other side of the store while there are other customers waiting to be served.

Again when im serving on the till and the customer behind the person im serving stands really close behind them and puts their things on the counter while the 1st person is still being served.

Rude customers who expect me to be nice to them

Shoplifters - you are fucking obvious! if you walk into a shop carrying a big bag, looking like a tramp, have scabs all over your face and keep looking round at all the staff it is pretty obvious that you are going to try and steal from us.

Customers that ask me things when im blatantly talking to another customer or am in the middle of doing something (like carrying something heavy).

Can you sense a theme here? :chin:
    AMEN!!!!
    my_name wrote:
    I must ask, how does that one work?
    Order two things at booth 2, don't tell the person in booth 4, drive away having only paid for one then discover at booth 5 they haven't got their whole order.

Or just drive past booth 4 completely, if it's not too busy.
    People who chew with their mouth open.
    People who choose not to read books and brag about it.
    People who use 'then' in a sentence incorrectly - 'my hair is nicer then yours'. No, it's THAN. :impissed:
    Bad grammar.
    Obese people who eat McDonald's - surely that's why you're disgustingly fat!?
    Leaving cupboard doors and drawers open.
    Putting empty food containers back in the cupboard.
    People who pay to go to college and then bunk off because they can't be arsed.
    People who bitch about someone behind their back but are nice to their faces.
    People who laugh when someone asks a question.
    People who automatically assume you're not disabled because you're not in a wheelchair.
    People who think that because they can't see what's wrong with you, you're making it up.

I could go on.
    my_name wrote:
    OH, you've reminded me of another ;)

People, that like proper use like the words "like" and like "proper" in like proper random places.
    I like proper agree with that like! :p
    Franki wrote:
    Order two things at booth 2, don't tell the person in booth 4, drive away having only paid for one then discover at booth 5 they haven't got their whole order.

Or just drive past booth 4 completely, if it's not too busy.

Your drive thru sounds very confusing. :razz:
    my_name wrote:
    Your drive thru sounds very confusing. :razz:
    Not really :p. We have 3 windows (5, technically, but 1 & 3 don't get used), order at window 2, pay at window 4, get food at window 5.

Yeh.
    So what happens if they do not go to number 4?
    Mist wrote:
    So what happens if they do not go to number 4?
    The screen at number 5 tells the people doing the orders that they haven't paid and the person at number 4 has to run and get the money.
    Customers who 'expect' you to go and get their purchases like you're a shop girl working in an 1890's drapers.
    Coppers who call you a cunt because you don't have any £5 notes in the till and have to give them £7 in £1 coins.
    Coppers who give you grief because you won't sell them stuff while they're in uniform on licensed premesis.
    Scabby old drunks telling you to fuck off because you haven't got any of their crappy old Black Oak cider so they'll have to shell out a further 50p to get wankered on Strongbow instead.
    Shoplifters.
    Complete retards who say their going to write to head office about your 'attitude' because you laughed when they asked if you sold airline tickets when you work in an off license.
    People who tap their wrist when they ask for the time. I know where my watch is thank you.
    People who, when they find out you're gay say 'Oooooo i've got a friend who's gay, his name's Dave, do you know him ?'
    Shop assistants who just grunt when i say 'Have a good day', 'Have a good Christmas', 'Thank You for your help today'.
    Women, probably lesbians, who shout 'I don't need a man to open a door for me' when i'm just being courteous. ( so i swung it shut and it smacked her in the mush :) )
    Those leaflet giver outers that insist you have a leaflet when i'm obviously going to Druckers for my cake fix.
    People who 'never judge by appearances' then slag people off for being fat, ugly, chav etc.
    People who 'never talk behind someone's back' then proceed to tell you all about someone.
    People who, when you're both walking towards each other, put their head down so they don't have to get out of the way. I just stand there so they have to walk round me :)
    Drivers that don't know what roundabouts, zebra crossings and red traffic lights mean.
    Paedestrians that think the flashing green man means 'quick, make a run for it'.
    Birmingham City Council Benefits Service.
    Friends leaving their options open.
    Being told at 11 pm on Christmas eve that of the friends you've invited round for Christmas lunch, one is gluten and dairy intolerant and the other is a vegan.
    Franki wrote:
    People that cancel entire orders because we don't have one stupid thing, or the guy who decided to cancel an entire £20 order because we're not allowed to mix Sprite with Fanta.

What's wrong with customers buying both then mixing them together?:confused:

People who know I'm walking right behind them but still slam the door in my face.
    The younger ones (Years 7-11) using the 6th form toilets, which are in the 6th form centre, which the younger ones aren't meant to even be in.
    People who just constanly whinge about their boyfriends or lack of. I'm not interested and would rather not listen to the fact that you don't have a boyfriend. I don't, but do you see me whinging about it?:rolleyes:
    The younger kids at school that strut around like they own the place.

People whinging that they don't have money when they do.

People telling me how much they've spent on me this xmas hoping i'll spend as much on them. Ha, nope.
    Cling Film

I fucking hate the stuff.
    Sofie wrote:
    What's wrong with customers buying both then mixing them together?:confused:
    Nothing. But he paid for a medium Sprite, got to the window and said "is it mixed with Fanta?", I said no, and he cancelled the entire order because my manager told him we're not allowed to mix them. If he'd bought Sprite and Fanta and asked for a bigger cup to mix them in, that would have been fine.

I felt sorry for his kids, personally, cause they didn't get their Happy Meals.
    Cling Film

I fucking hate the stuff.

:yes: Its not very clingy at all... except to itself when you don't want it to be :grump:
    how could i forget...queue jumpers.

or rather people who attempt to queue jump - they won't get away with it if i'm behind them! :mad:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ooooh, threads with people who say 'i'm going away for liek 573463 dayz. don't miss me too much.'
    Housemates who drink all your milk before you've even opened it.
    Housemates who bang and crash their way around the flat when they know you've gone to bed.
    Housemates who use your computer without asking.

Grr.