Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shorts... help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking for a pair of shorts, y'know, the tailored kind, to wear on Saturday night. They have to be black, pretty smart, and to just above the knee if possible. WITH NO POCKETS!

I found some in Dotty P but they had pockets and that upsets me.

Can anyone help?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why so precise?
    I got all excited then. But then you said 'just above your knee'. Boo :(

I haven't actually seen long shorts around I don't think, but maybe thats 'cos I'm not looking.

Get shorter ones :flirt:
    I would get shorter ones if I didn't have legs like small chubby tree stumps. ;)

I want to wear them with tights and my gorgeous leopard-print super-high heels... I'm being so precise because that's what girls are like. :D
    Pockets are good.
    New Look have tailored city shorts, just above knee length with no pockets. They do have a little turn up at the bottom but they just as cute as can be. My pal bought them the other day after trying on 50 million pairs all around town, and they make her arse look phenomenal :thumb: Only £15, too, and they did have other styles. Every other shop we saw them in you were looking at £22+.

Other ones I saw on our crazed shorts shopping hunt were in Topshop (very plain, very fitted pair with a white lining and also a silky pair with a fairly simple but ruched waistband AND a cotton/wool mix pair which were gorgeous and I was tempted by myself but they didn't have my size :grump:), Miss Selfridge (mid-thigh length black shorts with a fairly subtle lurex stripe, mid-thigh with turn ups a bit like the NL ones but much more expensive) and in all the other usual suspects too. The city/tailored shorts look is huge at the minute it seems, most of the fashion shops have them in but they're usually quite well-hidden for some reason, at least that's what I thought as it was like mission impossible finding them.

I'd say hit New Look first though, they had quite a selection... even in our (fairly crapalicious) branch :thumb:
    briggi, I think I love you. ;)

I saw the ones in Miss Selfridge that you're talking about, they would have been perfect but they had them in size 10 only... there's not a chance I'd get them over one thigh! Haha - I'll try New Look tomorrow.

You're a star!
    I thought of another place I saw the long-style shorts, too! H&M. They had a thicker woollen pair in the pinky-gold label section (my fave section just fyi :p) and in the plain black label they had a above-the-knee pair in your usual black trouser material which, again, had the cut off but no pockets! £14.99 I do believe.

Zara also have a pair which are mid-thigh so maybe a wee bit shorter than you want, but they are a silky-cotton mix so fairly dressy and they look like they'd be flattering as from what I could tell the pockets were sewn down (v. important). They had more plain knee-lengthish ones but I reckon they had pockets with a button detail.

I am such a shorts expert at the moment it is unbelievable. It's lucky I went on a four-hour short hunt the other day eh :p
    briggi wrote:
    I thought of another place I saw the long-style shorts, too! H&M.
    Aw. I ws just about two say something helpful and you took the words right out of my mouth. Damn you and your knowledge :(

But yes, H&M have some. Just to confirm..and stuff.. :yeees:
    Aw. I ws just about two say something helpful and you took the words right out of my mouth. Damn you and your knowledge :(

Yes, my knowledge of black shorts on the high street is pretty formidable innit :razz:
    I've got a pair of them (with pockets) coz I think the style is super, but I look like a dick in mine so I never wear them... Should ebay them really but I can't be arsed to brush them down. I stuck em in the wash with a tissue in the pocket and they're covered in tissue fluff. I'm sure you're all glad I told you all that. yup, I have housework to do, hence the procastinating.
    I knew I could reply on you lot - you all have impeccable shopping tastes!

I'll get some tomorrow, I'm going to Manchester after work (Friday afternoon, I clearly have no brain) and I'll make sure I get some. Maybe I'll treat the Pictures thread to a snap or two after Saturday night!!
    briggi wrote:
    New Look have tailored city shorts, just above knee length with no pockets. They do have a little turn up at the bottom but they just as cute as can be.

I was about to mention these :D I have them, they're dead nice.
    I found some! I literally strolled into New Look and they were just staring at me... £10! What a BAAAR-GAIN.

Thanks briggi and co x
    cool glad you found some!

we want to see pictures. :yes:
    There'll probably be a lot of drunken photos after tomorrow night... I can't wait!