Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

leggings.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tbh honest we're all sheep unless we designed something ourselves
  • Options
    That top looks like a dress to me...
  • Options
    I'm not behind darling. Gawd. I saw them in the shops as soon as they came out, I just didn't like them much. Didn't think they'd suit me.

Sheesh. I just don't behave like a sheep as soon as something new comes out. Just because I don't buy something as quickly as other fashion victims, that doesn't make me "behind". I don't wear or buy things I don't think will suit me either.

I never liked them at first but have warmed to them. Realised they actually suited me when I tried them on in the shop with a long top after my friend suggested it. I thought they'd look awful but it turns out I was wrong.
    it was just annoying that you slagged them off and NOW you're wearing it. if anything that makes you a "sheep" because everyone else is wearing them so it makes you want to. and don't patronise me sweetheart ;)
    well i'm glad you've realised you're wrong. because i know i've been right about them for well over a year now.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    im not having a go, but doesn't it make you a sheep if it takes you a few months to catch on to something, when you've seen everyone else do it first, instead of liking it when its new and different and no-one really has it on? you've got more balls if you fucking go for it when its first out.
    :yes:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    it was just annoying that you slagged them off and NOW you're wearing it. if anything that makes you a "sheep" because everyone else is wearing them so it makes you want to. and don't patronise me sweetheart ;)
    well i'm glad you've realised you're wrong. because i know i've been right about them for well over a year now.

I didn't like them because I didn't think they'd suit ME. Out of pure chance I tried them on the other day. I didn't think I'd have the legs for them. Turns out I do and they looked rather nice. It doesn't mean I was wrong, it just means I didn't have enough confidence in myself.

I STILL think they look stupid on SOME girls tbh. I assumed they would on me too. I was wrong about that, fair enough.

I'm wearing them because I think they suit me, not because everyone else is wearing them. I tend to want to look like more of an individual rather than a clone.

Back to the topic now anyways. We've both made our point.
  • Options
    I didn't like them because I didn't think they'd suit ME. Out of pure chance I tried them on the other day. I didn't think I'd have the legs for them. Turns out I do and they looked rather nice. It doesn't mean I was wrong, it just means I didn't have enough confidence in myself.

I STILL think they look stupid on SOME girls tbh. I assumed they would on me too. I was wrong about that, fair enough.

I'm wearing them because I think they suit me, not because everyone else is wearing them. I tend to want to look like more of an individual rather than a clone.

Back to the topic now anyways. We've both made our point.
    i said you was wrong because YOU admitted you was WRONG.

and what is this 'fashion victim' and 'clone' you keep firing out as some sort of insult? are you suggesting thats what i am? why is that? because i saw something in a shop well over a year ago and started wearing them?
  • Options
    I'm talking about people in general.

I don't know what you wear! I've never seen you or a picture of you!

I'm talking about girls at my uni tbh. Most of them look the same.
  • Options
    I'm talking about girls at my uni tbh. Most of them look the same.
    well now you can look just like them! :thumb:
  • Options
    HAHA tbh.
  • Options
    :lol: you remind me of someone..
  • Options
    Not really. I'm not wearing them with a demin skirt and I've only seen people wear them with demin skirts here. Although, it does look nice on SOME people, for example, stephy and lucy off here, I don't think it looks nice on some girls.Maybe I will wear them with a demin skirt one day though and be hidden in the crowd :chin:

I won't look anything like everyone else tbh because I haven't seen anyone with my sort of top around here in Preston. Most people here wear footless tights with demin skirts, rather than long tops.

I won't be like the girls at uni. I won't be wearing them everyday like most of them seem to around here. I won't wear them everytime I go out either. I've only come to these assumptions because of what I've seen here, not because of what everyone has wrote on these boards.

Back to the topic anyways. This is getting silly.
  • Options
    HAHA tbh.
    Good impression :thumb:
  • Options
    Not really. I'm not wearing them with a demin skirt and I've only seen people wear them with demin skirts here. Although, it does look nice on SOME people, for example, stephy and lucy off here, I don't think it looks nice on some girls.Maybe I will wear them with a demin skirt one day though and be hidden in the crowd :chin:

I won't look anything like everyone else tbh because I haven't seen anyone with my sort of top around here in Preston. Most people here wear footless tights with demin skirts, rather than long tops.

I won't be like the girls at uni. I won't be wearing them everyday like most of them seem to around here. I won't wear them everytime I go out either. I've only come to these assumptions because of what I've seen here, not because of what everyone has wrote on these boards.
    what a plan!! go you!!

most people wear them with tunics nowadays anyway.
  • Options
    Why thanks.
  • Options
    Well I will never succumb (sp?). I was joking about how ming the leggings fashion thing is with a friend who went and bought some footless tights the next week becazuse they 'looked good on her'. I think it's catching so I'm staying well away.
  • Options
    Oh. My. God.

This reminds me of Primary 6 when I stamped my feet and went in a huff because somebody in my class saw the Power Rangers movie before me, even though I liked Power Rangers before he did.

There's nothing funnier seeing somebody walking about looking like an idiot in God knows what that totally doesn't suit them, when it's blatantly obvious they're only wearing it because some magazine told them that this would be the next big fashion thing.

There's nothing to say someone who started wearing something a year ago suits it any more than somebody who started wearing it a week ago :)
  • Options
    Although, it does look nice on SOME people, for example, stephy and lucy off here

thank you. :)
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Oh. My. God.

This reminds me of Primary 6 when I stamped my feet and went in a huff because somebody in my class saw the Power Rangers movie before me, even though I liked Power Rangers before he did.

There's nothing funnier seeing somebody walking about looking like an idiot in God knows what that totally doesn't suit them, when it's blatantly obvious they're only wearing it because some magazine told them that this would be the next big fashion thing.

There's nothing to say someone who started wearing something a year ago suits it any more than somebody who started wearing it a week ago :)
    way to totally miss the point!

and i don't even read magazines nor have i said i look better in leggings than stacey does.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    and i don't even read magazines nor have i said i look better in leggings than stacey does.

Uhh, I never once said you said you look better than she did.

My point was that just cause you see her as being "behind" and sneer at her ("pfft") doesn't mean shit - what's important to most normal people is they like what they wear and wear stuff that suits them, irrespective of how long you claim to have known all about it, or how long it's taken her to cotton on.

It's exactly the same mentality as me being about 10 and getting huffy because I liked to see myself as the first to like Power Rangers and didn't like it when other people started liking it too.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Uhh, I never once said you said you look better than she did.

My point was that just cause you see her as being "behind" and sneer at her ("pfft") doesn't mean shit - what's important to most normal people is they like what they wear and wear stuff that suits them, irrespective of how long you claim to have known all about it, or how long it's taken her to cotton on.

It's exactly the same mentality as me being about 10 and getting huffy because I liked to see myself as the first to like Power Rangers and didn't like it when other people started liking it too.
    i was actually attempting to be nice/avoid an argument when i said she was behind. my actual point was that in previous threads she has laughed at leggings and slagged them off yet now she has gone out and bought some. then she implies i'm a sheep because i got them when they first came out.
  • Options
    I've waited all my life for a leggings-related catfight! Ladies in your corners ;)
  • Options
    Ooof it's all going on in 'ere eh? :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I've waited all my life for a leggings-related catfight! Ladies in your corners ;)

haha that made me laugh. a lot.

and erm. i dont know why but i feel like pointing out that a lot of rock/alternative girls have been wearing footless tights (and not even footless tights that you buy especially, in th'olden days when they didnt sell them in topshop you would just cut the feet/bottom off a pair of tights, which is what i still do :D) for at least 3 years or something.

i remember cos a few people i know started getting annoyed that they sell them everywhere not and when they started selling them in topshop.

but anyway. erm. yeah.
  • Options
    In reply to Lucy's post - I've got proper little chunky legs and I wouldn't even dare put on a pair of leggings (unless I wanted to be laughed out of everywhere I went to!) My mate, however, went out on Saturday night wearing a fit grey tunic-type top from good old Topshop and some leggings, she looks spot on. She, however, has nice slim legs. ;)

To the OP - like everyone's said, the top is too short for leggings. It's a nice top, though! Topshop have got LOADS of long tunic tops in at the moment in shitloads of colours that look wicked with leggings. :)
  • Options
    and erm. i dont know why but i feel like pointing out that a lot of rock/alternative girls have been wearing footless tights (and not even footless tights that you buy especially, in th'olden days when they didnt sell them in topshop you would just cut the feet/bottom off a pair of tights, which is what i still do :D) for at least 3 years or something.

Yeah, I remember meeting Steph for the first time and she was donning the footless tights (i.e., cutoffs!) that was like, the start of 2005 or something.
  • Options
    In reply to Lucy's post - I've got proper little chunky legs and I wouldn't even dare put on a pair of leggings (unless I wanted to be laughed out of everywhere I went to!) My mate, however, went out on Saturday night wearing a fit grey tunic-type top from good old Topshop and some leggings, she looks spot on. She, however, has nice slim legs. ;)

To the OP - like everyone's said, the top is too short for leggings. It's a nice top, though! Topshop have got LOADS of long tunic tops in at the moment in shitloads of colours that look wicked with leggings. :)

:o

i wasn't trying to be mean or in anyway suggest anyone with anything other than slim legs wouldn't look nice in them! i was just curious because i have quite slim legs and find them to be quite tight. my footless tights are anyway, not my leggings. i'm sure you'd look lovely!
  • Options
    :o

i wasn't trying to be mean or in anyway suggest anyone with anything other than slim legs wouldn't look nice in them! i was just curious because i have quite slim legs and find them to be quite tight. my footless tights are anyway, not my leggings. i'm sure you'd look lovely!

I didn't think you were being mean at all - I was trying to back up what you were saying, haha. Me in footless tights/leggings would be HORRIBLE. Guaranteed! I would have to laugh at myself in disgust, haha!
  • Options
    I wear long Johns, do they class as leggings? :D
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I wear long Johns, do they class as leggings? :D
    I've got long Johns that I got for skiing when I was 11 and they still fit hehe.
  • Options
    I've read all the posts. And the only thing I've managed to glean from them is if I wear leggings I will actually turn into a sheep then die a horrible death.