Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How Long Would They Get?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you had a new boy/girlfriend, you really liked them, got on, everything was hunky dory, and you slept with them and they were shit, how long would you give them to improve? Would you dump them soon after that, or would you give them a bit of time to get into the swing of things with you and see how things go? Or would you keep them as a boy/girlfriend but suggest an open relationship? ;):p

Comments

• Options
    depends what the reason for them being shit is. if its to do with making me cum well obvioiusly i would help them out there and tell them what feels nice.

if they're shit coz they lasted 2 minutes.. well i would need to give them another try anyway to see if it was just nerves or soemthing.

all in all i would give them a bit of time to "get into the swing of things"

anyway answer your own question :p
  • Options
    My theory is that regular shit sex is better than no sex at all. So I'd give them a bit of time, but keep looking for a newer model. Haha, not really, I'm not that cruel. I dunno, girls can be shit too, but there's less emphasis on performance for girls I think. I'd probably give them a while too, but tbh, I'm never with anyone long enough to worry about shit like this, I was just curious.
  • Options
    My theory is that regular shit sex is better than no sex at all.

it soooooooooooooooooooooooo is
  • Options
    If I was deeply in love with that person, I cant say I would dump them because they wernt good in bed. And tbh if I was in a serious relationship I would wait until we were both in love to have sex.
  • Options
    i wouldn't dump them because they are rubbish in bed, i mean how pathetic is that?

if you really like someone, amazing sex is a small price to pay surely?

or is that just me? :lol::p
  • Options
    You can train people to better at sex i think....

...plus its always fun playing with people minds !! :razz:
  • Options
    I always found (ok, with the two guys I've slept with more than once) that it took several attempts for anything to get good anyway.

So probably a few weeks, but if I was giving guidance (in a nice way of course) and they weren't listening to it, not much longer.
  • Options
    it depends how much you like them because if you REALLY do then you shouldn't dump them because of the sex.
    also, if its there 1st time (almost first time) they probably wouldnt be very good.
    maybe tell them how you like it and things so they can make it more enjoyable for you ;) good luck x
  • Options
    isnt there more to your relationship than jus sex? personally i think the longer your with someone the better they get anyway. Plus surely having shit sex with someone you like/love is better than having great sex with someone awful?
  • Options
    I probably wouldn't get rid of them, i'd just have fun trying to make them better.
  • Options
    Puuh, hard to say. The first time sex won't be that super-duper anyway I reckon, because you need to get used to the new partner. I never had the problem, but I think it's not too uncommon to have performance anxiety with the first time with a new partner, so it might be not that swell.

A person judges you on your ability in bed (except you are really arousing like a wooden plank) is generelly not very interesting for me and should get lost.

I try to work with my partner on the sex life, but if it does not work AT all, then I will have to decide if I love the person enough so I don't care about the sex.

It's hard decision tho, since sex is a vital part of a relationship - imho.
  • Options
    If I really liked them then how good the sex was wouldn't bother me at all. Unless, like Kate said, the reason they were bad was because they didn't listen to me and kept doing things I'd told them I didn't like, or ignoring things I said would help make it better.
  • Options
    I don't suppose you can ever really discount the idea that they might have been shit because you weren't exactly on fire either.

I'd probably see it as "our" problem and talk it out. If a few weeks down the line it was obvious we weren't sexually compatible then it'd probably be best to end it.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I don't suppose you can ever really discount the idea that they might have been shit because you weren't exactly on fire either.

I'd probably see it as "our" problem and talk it out. If a few weeks down the line it was obvious we weren't sexually compatible then it'd probably be best to end it.

Agree, you need to talk it though. Is the problem that you are not telling your partner what you like, so they are 'flying blind' so to speak? If you guide them to what works for you, then the sex will improve overnight. If on the otherhand you just think "oh that was shite" then you are really doing yourself and your partner a disservice and should expect nothing better than shite sex.
  • Options
    If you had a new boy/girlfriend, you really liked them, got on, everything was hunky dory, and you slept with them and they were shit, how long would you give them to improve? Would you dump them soon after that, or would you give them a bit of time to get into the swing of things with you and see how things go? Or would you keep them as a boy/girlfriend but suggest an open relationship? ;):p

Shallow at all?
  • Options
    Depends completely on the person and situation.

If they were totally shite and yet fully confident in how fantastic they were then I'd probably have a quiet word in their lughole and if they didn't aknowledge that it hadn't been super-fantastic then I'd cut them loose sharpish. Life's too short to tolerate crap sex with a partner who's not willing to listen and learn. But then even the most experienced of blokes can suffer from extreme nerves/performance-related anxiety so one do-over at least is necessary... in the interests of fairness, of course :thumb:
  • Options
    Depends on how much I liked them in the first place.

One guy I was with, I slept with mostly because I was getting bored and thought it would bring new life. He got cramp, I lost whatever motivation to do it I had, and spent the whole time watching the TV over his shoulder. We broke up 5 days later. Yeh.

But other people I would want to try and guide them, and I'd want to see if it was just a one-time thing.

Not that I've needed to since XD.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I probably wouldn't get rid of them, i'd just have fun trying to make them better.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Shallow at all?
    For asking a question? Yep, I understand your logic there. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Even if you were actually in this situation and asking the question for that reason, it's still not shallow imo. Sex is important!
  • Options
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:
    Even if you were actually in this situation and asking the question for that reason, it's still not shallow imo. Sex is important!
    sophia wrote:
    I agree, I can't see what's shallow about wanting to have an enjoyable and fulfilling sex life with your partner. And if you're not and it doesn't seem there's much chance of it improving, your relationship's probably doomed from the start.

:yes: Agreed.

But back to the original question: a month to whip them into shape? :razz:
    On a more serious note...

We've got a when he's crap in bed article with some useful tips for people who find themselves in the situation. However, a long overdue 'when she's crap in bed article' is planned for the New Year!
  • Options
    If i loved them I probably wouldnt dump them for that. Id just work it baby ;) and get what I could out of it.
  • Options
    I would Never ever leave somone if I loved them just because they were bad in bed, how crule is that? Obviously if they just want you to 'pleasure' them all the time and do a half arsed job of pleasuring you then its fine becuase that just shows they dont really care about making you feel good. If they honestly tried though and was just really bad at it, thats IMO no excuse to dump them, that would firstly make them feel like totally shit aswell as me for doing something like that to them.

Love > Sex