Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cinema Food

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All the Vue cinema's now have it so you have to go to the food counter to purchase your cinema ticket - very sneaky, and of course whilst you're there they have more opportunity to sell you their overpriced crap food and drink.
    the queues for the must be so annoying!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    the queues for the must be so annoying!

When we went to see the new Bond movie the stupid machines that give out prepaid for tickets broke down (all 3 machines or they jut ran out of paper)

And then it was a 30 minute wait to get the prepaid tickets from the food counter.

And the stupid fools don't even put a sign in the box office to tell customers you now have to go to the tills to get a ticket.

Anyway I just came across something last night that might work well in cinema's .. going to look into the franchise.
    I usually take my own popcorn and drink but I have bought stuff in the cinema a few times usually medium sweet popcorn and large 7up which is more like a bucket in the UCI.
    toffee popcorn
    malteasers
    and pepsi :)
    All the Vue cinema's now have it so you have to go to the food counter to purchase your cinema ticket - very sneaky, and of course whilst you're there they have more opportunity to sell you their overpriced crap food and drink.

The Vue here has seperate counters, you can buy your tickets at the food counter, or you can buy it on a seperate till as you come through the door :thumb:
    The Vue here has seperate counters, you can buy your tickets at the food counter, or you can buy it on a seperate till as you come through the door :thumb:

Yeah i was going to say, but the one near me it's only food at the food counter no tickets, although you can buy them from the little computer thing that takes your card if you don't want to que, or if you have booked in advance you just stick it in and out the tickets pop.

Anyway I just came across something last night that might work well in cinema's .. going to look into the franchise.

sounds interesting....
    tell me more lol
    luckily I have an Asda near my cinema, So I get a maffis bag of Butterkist from there! Cinema popcorn isn't sweet/crunchy enough.

I hate it when it get's stuck in my hair though! :impissed:
    I'm not really keen on bringing in cooked or elaborate foods to the movies tbh. I'm really fussy about going to the cinema, when I'm there it's to see the film as a prime objective, not to eat - if I'm hungry I'll go somewhere else to have a bite.

The most I go for is sweet popcorn and a soda. Or a piece of chocolate. Anything more i find distracting.
    I goddamn hate popcorn at the cinema!!

Who the hell thought that was an intelligent food - I know let's give everyone food that makes it's own noise.
    I eat/drink:

Mango Juice
    Red bull
    packet of chrisps
    Pizza if i can get it in, ive done it 3-4 times before.
    briggi wrote:
    I go for salted popcorn (with butter if possible)
    :yum: yummy yummy yum
    Jim V wrote:
    I goddamn hate popcorn at the cinema!!

Who the hell thought that was an intelligent food - I know let's give everyone food that makes it's own noise.
    Lol, I used to hate popcorn when it just appeared in movie theatres, but by now I've sold out :(

I much hate the theatre smelling of food anyway...
    A date at the cinema once cost me £20. About £5 each for tickets, 2 cokes and one large popcorn. I tell thee, the lengths I go to not to look like a cheapskate :lol:

If I'm with my mates we just go to the newsagents across the road, who isn't that much cheaper though. It is the city centre, after all.
    Jumbo salty popcorn and jumbo Fanta, blates. Fatso moi.

My daddy usually pays, as he's the only one I go to the cinema with >.<.