Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

girl/swimming pool (ideas?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys!

i do quite a lot of exercise etc etc, and gyms and things are good ways to meet people right? anyway, there's a girl who uses the same swimming pool as me and i think she's quite pretty etc.

now if i timed it right it wouldn't be that difficult to 'bump into' her after getting changed, or have an 'important call' on my mobile until she came out etc. but i am worried that, as chlorine wrecks my skin and hair, that i am not exactly appearing at my best? also she has obviously seen me in swimming gear etc. but i guess you either fancy someone or you don't?

basically i cannot decide if this is the best idea ever (ish) cause of shared interests, its less cheesy than approaching someone in a pub etc, or if its terrible because i'd look rough and it'd almost make you look like a perv ("i thought you looked great in swimsuit!" etc. not that i'd say that)

any ideas?

(please bear in mind i can be horribly shy)

ta.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think it may be a nnice ice breaker....as long as you dont make it look too much like you've been waiting for her!
    maybe just a hi would break the ice....then suggest u go for a after-swim coffee or something?
    why dont you quickly run abit of gel through your hair and have a quick shower before you meet her aswell?
    Hard place to try and pull tbh, because you can't talk to her while you're there, you have to wait for afterwards. I dunno, you could take a break at the end of the pool when she does, then smile at her and say hi, then conveniently bump into her on the way out. Just chat casually, then see if she wants to get a drink or something. And if she goes there every week, you could always arrange to be her "training partner". You don't even have to ask her for a drink or anything, but once you've broken the ice, next time you go swimming, you can talk to her when you stop at the end of the pool. Oh and I'd say that she'll be more worried about how she looks than you tbh, since she won't have makeup on or hair done or anything, so don't worry about that.
    all good ideas guys, but it does sound like it could be difficult!

i think i will try to take some cream/gel to pool, but i figured its a bit pervy to talk to someone while they're actually in pool.

i dont want to feel awkward about going back, and its unfair for her to have to feel that too since we both like to swim etc.
    I got talking to some guy when I swam in school breaks that I had. We'd been seeing each other there for the last two weeks, and then we'd both stopped for a breather at the same time and he just said hi and we talked every week. In the pool. I never seemed to see him out of it, because we arrived and left at different times.
    tbh I think it may be better to talk to her in the pool. Just dont stick your head under the water if your hair reacts badly. And as one said, have a shower before, hopefully it will mask the chlorine smell abit.
    phoenix24 wrote:
    i think i will try to take some cream/gel to pool, but i figured its a bit pervy to talk to someone while they're actually in pool.
    If you feel pervy when doing it, it'll probably come across as pervy tbh. Relax a bit and you should be fine. It might be hard to actually get anywhere with her, but it shouldn't be hard to have a casual chat with her. Then you can progress from there.
    HIT wrote:
    tbh I think it may be better to talk to her in the pool. Just dont stick your head under the water if your hair reacts badly. And as one said, have a shower before, hopefully it will mask the chlorine smell abit.
    I doubt she'll notice a chlorine smell on him in a swimming pool. I mean you do shower afterwards. Plus, what makes you think he'll be getting that close?
    If you feel pervy when doing it, it'll probably come across as pervy tbh. Relax a bit and you should be fine. It might be hard to actually get anywhere with her, but it shouldn't be hard to have a casual chat with her. Then you can progress from there.

I doubt she'll notice a chlorine smell on him in a swimming pool. I mean you do shower afterwards. Plus, what makes you think he'll be getting that close?

nice to know you like my chances mate :D
    What are you gonna do? Offer her a rubdown in the joint changing rooms or something?
    i think you should just ask her if she's had/having a good swim. ask her name have a little chit chat and then leave it at that. then the next time you see her you can say hello again, ask her how she is and if the vibe feels right ask her if she'd like to go for a drink soemtime.

do NOT ask her out the first time you ever speak to her because it will take her by total surprise. you should build up to it, which will also mean your confidence has built up.

I guessed as he wanted to go out with her. I cant see him shouting from the other end of the pool "Can I have your number!". lol