Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you sometimes wish you were young again?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think my twenties will be the best years of my life! they have so far anyway. i have money, brilliant social life, sex, love, independence, freedom, confidence, happiness, fun and yet i still don't have much responsibility.
    I have another two years untill I am 20.

Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.
    lipsy wrote:
    i think my twenties will be the best years of my life! they have so far anyway. i have money, brilliant social life, sex, love, independence, freedom, confidence, happiness, fun and yet i still don't have much responsibility.
    Just wait 'til you sign that first bit of paper that lets someone take money out of your bank account every month. It's a slippery slope from then on.
    HIT wrote:
    As in primary school/early secondary school age.

Its this time of year where I wish I was young still so I could enjoy X-mas more, enjoy my presents more, play with my action man and PlayStation games more. :(

Somebody hand me a box of tissues. :crying:

not really. When I lived at home I was unhappy, my parents were always fighting and I felt lonely. I had no money and I hated school. Having said that I laughed a lot more than I do now.
    But generally I think young days are overrated. I like having money to do what I like and freedom.
    Yeh sometimes, the innocence of youth is quite enviable plus there's not nearly as much pressure on you. Though you can't go to pubs or nothing so yeh, happy enough as it is.
    I'd love to go back to Nursery. That was the best time. Painting, playing with playdo, making shortbread...ahh it was perfect. :crying:
    No, i like my life the way it is, college, working and partying.

I wouldn't call myself old anyway, 21 in a few months and will hopefully be in my final year this time next year at uni then it's into the real world.
    I didn't enjoy christmas anymore as a child than I do now, it's always been just another shitty day.
    I'd love to be little again. I'd treasure my dad and write down every moment with him. Soppy I know but true!
    Yeah i wish i was young again when you didnt have to worry about work or money and yeah christmas was fun when you left sherry and a mince pie for santa and a carrot for rudolf lol actually dont know if many people did this but we did in our house lol
    luvmeright wrote:
    Yeah i wish i was young again when you didnt have to worry about work or money and yeah christmas was fun when you left sherry and a mince pie for santa and a carrot for rudolf lol actually dont know if many people did this but we did in our house lol

We didn't :) my parents never really planned out christmas :p. The week before, they'd ask us what we wanted and would go to the shop :thumb:
    I miss playing the shepherd in the nativity play. :crying:
    i think being 15-17 is the worst age, you think your really old, but your really limited on what you can do. No car, little spending money, school 5 days a week, drinking is restricted to fields.

im 18, living away from home, perfect situation. i'd like to be 18 for the rest of my life please
    i'd love to go back 5 years or so to when i was 18, things were great back then, no worries at all, just out on the lash, hanging with mates and the easy life.

things are good now, dont get me wrong! but i think 18-21 are the best years since sliced bread.
    I'd love to be little again.

Ignorance is bliss.
    I'm happy now really, although there are apects of my childhood that I enjoyed so much and have really fond memories of (Christmasses, for example) that I can't wait to repeat with my own children in the future.
    I loved Christmas when I was little, but to be honest, I loved the time off school and the toys to play with. Oh and Santa :)

Now I'm older, I enjoy everything about christmas and the run up to it, buying presents for people (I'm the only person I know who enjoys Christmas shopping - especially on Christmas Eve, I'll run down just to see if there's any little stocking fillers I can pick up! I love the atmosphere), I enjoy wrapping the presents, putting up the decorations, having/going to all my mini Christmas parties, planning nights out, CHRISTMAS DINNER, the cheesy music and dancing aorund to them at 1 in the morning with my Dad while he's on call from work, spending time with my family, etc.

Oh, and Santa ;)
    I'm happy now really, although there are apects of my childhood that I enjoyed so much and have really fond memories of (Christmasses, for example) that I can't wait to repeat with my own children in the future.

That's exactly what the boyfriend said to me last night, as we were decorating his bedroom. "You wait til we have kids, our house will look like Santa's Grotto!"

:) Not that our bedrooms don't already.... we've both got rather into the spirit this year!
    Nikki* wrote:
    I loved Christmas when I was little, but to be honest, I loved the time off school and the toys to play with. Oh and Santa :)

Now I'm older, I enjoy everything about christmas and the run up to it, buying presents for people (I'm the only person I know who enjoys Christmas shopping - especially on Christmas Eve, I'll run down just to see if there's any little stocking fillers I can pick up! I love the atmosphere), I enjoy wrapping the presents, putting up the decorations, having/going to all my mini Christmas parties, planning nights out, CHRISTMAS DINNER, the cheesy music and dancing aorund to them at 1 in the morning with my Dad while he's on call from work, spending time with my family, etc.

Oh, and Santa ;)
    You sound just like me :D
    SHUT UP your all (almost all) fucking young already.

Stop thinking go back to when I was younger and try thinking what would my older self do If they could go back to the age I am now.

If I could go back to 21 Id do things differently study harder take more chances etc, maybe Id do 3 years in the Army.

Things change as you get older what was cool is no longer what wasnt cool can become cool. Popular people at 18-21 who are "sucsesfull" at that age is measured differently than when your 31
    2004 when i was 18 was the most amazingly fun year of my life, it would be fab to be suspended in that for a good few years.
    I want to be old and get excited by job benefits such as healthcare and dental plans, not to mention a satisfactory pension scheme. Then I can whinge about how great being 19 was, I stayed in my room all day, playing computer games, watching 24, and having a limited (rather than no) amount of female interest.

Also enjoyed cooking at 19. :yum:

At 18 I enjoyed the sex.

At 17, sex again.

At 16, girls flirting and kissing.

At 15, cinema trips where your parents gave you money, and asked for change, but never minded when you spent that £10 on a burger king for you and your cute female friend too. Well, they might have minded but you always got away with it.

At 14, that was the 'omg im a teenager with a nasty voice and bus vibrations make me hard'

At 13, that was the 'do people know I wank? :blush:'

At 12, that was the ':o I made a mess but THIS FEELS GOOD'

At 11, that was the 'omg I have a pubic hair'

At 10; 'lets play armies and kill the girls'

At 9; 'ewwwww you've got a girlfriend'

At 8; 'football'

7; 'football'

6; 'football'

5; 'football'

4; having massive scraps with your brothers and sisters

3; erm, I can't remember this far back

Yea, I wish I was young again. To be fair, life is always in equilibrium, equally crap. It's just crap in different ways. So we should embrace the good bits. Right now, I'm sitting in my room, and have no responsibilities what the hell. I get more money than I can spend from the uni, and am actually planning to spend a great chunk of it on a motorbike :) and nobody can really stop me.

Maybe spend a little more on a Nintendo Wii. I just bought myself a PC for £900.

Ah, the lack of responsibilities. I have assignments I should have done, but then I tell my tutor I haven't done them and he says 'well they're not that important anyway'. Win!

I actually feel a whole lot better about myself now :). Thanks guys! :razz:
    HIT wrote:
    As in primary school/early secondary school age.

Its this time of year where I wish I was young still

haha still young over here!!
    HIT wrote:
    play with my action man

And who played iwht Action man @ Secondary school age:nervous:
    I wish I could go back and do things properly this time (especially uni) but I wouldn't want to be a hormone-ridden teenager again.
    At 14, that was the 'omg im a teenager with a nasty voice and bus vibrations make me hard'

At 13, that was the 'do people know I wank? :blush:'

At 12, that was the ':o I made a mess but THIS FEELS GOOD'

:lol: You made me laugh at lot with that one, it must be true for most males.
    perhaps 4 years, to the beginning of uni.

school was ok, summer holidays were great when I was younger, so yeah, maybe :)
    Junior School years ... happy with the simple things in life. It's that age before boys come along and make things really complicated and before you start thinking about sex and alcohol and smoking and all the rest of it. In my case anyway. AND you can read boarding school stories and dream that you're one of the St. Clares' twins.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I want to be young, NOW! *closes eyes and hopes for the best* - damn didnt work!

Nothing bad really happened when I was little, and the most stress you had was falling out with your mate for the afternoon!

Not done your homework? why ever not? it was only colouring in!

Love it!
    olaola wrote:
    i think being 15-17 is the worst age, you think your really old, but your really limited on what you can do. No car, little spending money, school 5 days a week, drinking is restricted to fields.

this is very true-
    being 16 is ok but college and 2 jobs is a lot of work, so im dreading years to come where i REALLY have to work.

ive been clubbing/pubbing since i was 14 so im actually bored of it now, which is a bit sad really, im going to start going to london instead of my town.
    i just feel too big for my town i want to grow up and get out and see the world.

saying that my summer was the best- young love and ecstasy and getting stoned and sunbathing and long lie ins, cant wait for the next one!

im looking forward to my uni days enourmously, everyone says theyre the best years of your life so im going to make mine AMAZING.

childhood was the best though. i miss father christmas:crying:

i miss father christmas:crying:

Where did he go?