Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How long before something is considered undrinkable??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have had a can of carling on my self in my bedroom since June of this year, i havent drunk it as i liked the way it looked, even when i decorated it had to go back up. Now being a poor student i have run out of money and alcohol and was just wondering if this can would still be drinkable. I asked my bro but he replied give it here an I will drink it and tell you. the date says it expires 30th november.
Anyone got any ideas??

Comments

• Options
    emmm considering its the 28th and the expiry date says 30th surely its fine to drink?

out of date beers perfectly drinkable anyway
  • Options
    yea, it'll be fine to drink, it's still not out of date yet.

A while back an off licence was selling 24 bottles of out of date bud-e for a fiver and it was fine so drink away.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yeah i would think it is fine. go on, enjoy it....
  • Options
    Carling is so full of chemicals it will virtually never go off.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Carling is so full of chemicals it will virtually never go off.
    And even if it did it would just taste like a slightly shittier taste of shit. If something is likely to harm you after a certain time, doesn't it say "use by" rather than "best before" though?
  • Options
    If it's not past its date then it's fine. Otherwise sue thier arses!
  • Options
    companies also give themselves a margin of error with dates of expiry anyway.

fresh food doesnt go bad at midnight of the use by date. until it smells/looks bad its fine.

if you have a 3 year best before date, chances are it will still be ok for a few months (even years) after that.

if youre talking carling though, its already bad. dont drink it.
  • Options
    trouble is leaving it in the sun does funny things to alcohol... a bottle of beer exploded on me once when i just touched it cos it was left in a hot room... yim