Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cinema Food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you like to eat at the cinema?

There's a Maccie's next to ours and sometimes we get 20 chicken nuggets and sneak it in.

Popcorn is OK but nothing special at most cinema's, I remember in Canada they used to have like pizza flavoured pop corn and all sorts.

I wouldn't mind if they sold sushi or something like that it's perfect size for the cinema

Comments

• Options
    Sweet popcorn and some diet pepsi.

I love popcorn, til you come out of the film at the end to find your black top totally covered in all the little crumby bits!
  • Options
    Yeah definately Sweet Popcorn and maybe some Wine gums or something.
    I LOVE it when some bits of Popcorn are like crystalised with sugar! But then you get some shitty burnt bits at the bottom which taste of charcoal. Not that I've ever eaten charcoal of course...
  • Options
    It is a pet hate of mine when people bring cooked things like chicken nuggets into the flicks. I have a friend who makes up huge baguette-style hot sandwiches, wraps them in tinfoil and brings them to the cinema with her. WTF man, you should eat your tea before you go to the cinema and use the opportunity to snack, snack, snack!

I go for salted popcorn (with butter if possible) or if I feel like treating myself I sometimes get nachos with salsa, cheesy dip, chillies - the works! :yum:
  • Options
    Nchos with warm cheese sauce, sweet popcorn, jellies and diet coke!
  • Options
    I have NEVER considered takin anything remotely "meal like" (sandwiches, McDonalds) into the cinema. Minstrels and a bottle of tango usually.

But you know, if someone wants to take me to the cinema (preferably to see the new Cameron Diaz/Jack Black flick) and buy me a McDonalds (or Subway:yum:) I'll try anything once :lol:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    It is a pet hate of mine when people bring cooked things like chicken nuggets into the flicks. I have a friend who makes up huge baguette-style hot sandwiches, wraps them in tinfoil and brings them to the cinema with her. WTF man, you should eat your tea before you go to the cinema and use the opportunity to snack, snack, snack!

I go for salted popcorn (with butter if possible) or if I feel like treating myself I sometimes get nachos with salsa, cheesy dip, chillies - the works! :yum:

Man movies are looooong these days, and with the trailers, Bond was 2:20 minutes and trailers another 30 minutes - almost 3 hours!!!

You need food just to keep you going.
  • Options
    butterkist popcorn! Normal cinema popcorn isnt sweet enough for me. Its got to have more toffee and lard in it than corn or it doesnt taste right.

I usally take some fruit juice too or bottled water.
  • Options
    A large pop to split, they give you one refill :D And a popcorn. I'm too cheap for anything else.
  • Options
    i don't like buying food/drinks from the cinema because they're ridiculously overpriced. so i normally plan in advance and buy sweets/popcorn before hand!

i realise this makes me sound like a right tightwad but i don't care. :grump:
  • Options
    i don't like buying food/drinks from the cinema because they're ridiculously overpriced. so i normally plan in advance and buy sweets/popcorn before hand!

Same here, I fucking hate getting ripped off - like, £2.20 for a bag of Maltesers when they're £1 at Tesco or whatever.
  • Options
    In cinemas around here the food is usually "much" more expensive as the ticket. Like 6,60 - 7,xx€ for popcorn, coke and something sweet, or tacos with salsa and a coke, whereas the ticket itself is around 5,50 - 6€.

It's so ridiculously expensive. I love Taco Chips with warm nacho cheeso tho :yum:
  • Options
    Being the impoverished student I am, I normally bring some water and be done with it. The prices are unbelievable but people do pay them so I guess it's the cinema who's laughing.
  • Options

Hey you're my kind of woman .. I find pringles works well in cinemas
  • Options
    i never buy mine in the cineam either actually. Nip to the newsagents round the corner!
    In the cinema its about £4 for a bag of butterkist, thats just ridiculous. Its about a quid in the local shop.
    I do like that popcorny smell though as you walk through the foyer.
  • Options
    The only food/drink I buy at the cinema are those ice junkie things (i think theyre called tango ice blast). They're way too expensive but I've never seen them anywhere else and they're mint so I have to get one.
  • Options
    Hey you're my kind of woman .. I find pringles works well in cinemas

you wouldn't have wanted to be with me when i was carrying a carrier bag with 2 bags of haribo under my jacket which i had over my arm..i then dropped the carrier bag just by the bit where you give them your ticket and they saw. i was on a date too! :blush: it's okay though, he found it funny and well the haribo was bogof from haribo and he loves it. :thumb:
  • Options
    I sneak my own sweets in. If paying £7.50 for the ticket ain't enougth anyway having to pay an extra £10 for food a drink is even worse.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    i never buy mine in the cineam either actually. Nip to the newsagents round the corner!

Deffo :yes:
  • Options
    I used to love the independent cinema in Carlisle because tickets were cheap and the food was cheap- newsagent prices for popcorn and sweeties. I used to eat mountains, the hot dogs were gorgeous and the salted popcorn divine. But alas it is no more- the landlord refused to renew the rent and now the building has been sold for flats.

I refuse to pay Odeon/Empire prices for food, and so I don't. Since the Gate cinema in Newcastle has changed hands (to Empire) a small popcorn and drink is a bargaintastic £4.95 :eek2:
  • Options
    yep, prices for UCI, Empires are total rip-offs.
    i don't normally have anything unless ive got some extra cash, then some nachos and salsa sauce.
    plus the hotdogs are tiny and cost like 4 quid or something.
  • Options
    Salted popcorn. Sweet is BLUGH people!!

Aaaaand....7up baby.
  • Options
    I had to get a "small" coke yesterday for 2.20 because the normal bar was closed. 2.20. argh.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Rachael wrote:

Totally agree with this :thumb:

And I never buy anything at the cinema. Waaaaay too overpriced.
  • Options
    Where is it that says you're not allowed to take in outside food to the cinema?
    I've never been stopped or even questioned before and i always take sweets or something in, its not exactly hidden either i'll just buy a bag from the shop and walk in with it in my hand.. ???
  • Options
    I refuse to pay cinema prices.

I go to wilkos in advance, for crisps, pick and mix and buy one get one free coke :)
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:

Aaaaand....7up baby.

Naaaah, sweet popcorn is insane in the membrane!

7up is pretty hardcore, could never really taste the difference between it and Sprite though...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I've never been stopped or even questioned before and i always take sweets or something in, its not exactly hidden either i'll just buy a bag from the shop and walk in with it in my hand.. ???

We were stopped from taking a mcdonalds in one time.

But I guess that is a bit excessive.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Crisps. And a bottle of water. I hate pop corn.

The 2nd time (of 3 - yes, I'm proud of it!) that I went to see Return of the king, I sneaked a huuge bag inside, in one of my coat pockets. :D
  • Options
    icey wrote:

I think its one of the terms on the ticket, but I'm not sure.

Most cinema staff aren't paid enough to give a toss.
  • Options
    All the Vue cinema's now have it so you have to go to the food counter to purchase your cinema ticket - very sneaky, and of course whilst you're there they have more opportunity to sell you their overpriced crap food and drink.