Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pill testing kits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am going to invest in a couple of pill testing kits for some of my mates for xmas... kill two birds with stone.. get a prezzie and make things a bit safer for them!

Now I know www.eztest.co.uk has always been recommended..

Will the Marquis basic test be good enough to keep things safe? As I don't really want to spend too much at this stage..

Also, there is a test on eztest.com called EZTest white for testing cocaine purity.. I really want this but it doesn't appear on .co.uk - Does anyone know why or where the best place is to get it in the UK?

Cheers

Phil

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It'll be 'safer' but not completely safe.

As it says on the site Marquis will give a broad indication of what a pill contains. To narrow it down to a particular substance you will need the Xtreme kit.
    Might be interested in buying one of these...
    Out of curiosity, what is the process, you add the liquid and it reacts and then you can tell by colour/sign what is in it? Is that the pill written off then or can you still bosh it?
    JJ454 wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what is the process, you add the liquid and it reacts and then you can tell by colour/sign what is in it? Is that the pill written off then or can you still bosh it?

No, you just use a tiny bit from the pill. And yes it is colour graded as to the substance detected.
    Also the liquid is toxic so you don't want to eat any of that.
    I think the procedure involves scratching a bit of the pill off with a pin then putting that in the liquid..

so you can still "bosh" it lol.

I wouldn't mind gettin my mates the xtreme kit but I'm poor :D
    I used to buy kits from here... http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/

Just don't rely on them for quality assurance, as that isn't their purpose. You'll want to be careful with the reagents, not only are they toxic, they also burn through fabric and paper! Easiest to test by scraping powder onto the bottom of a mug and then rinse it immediately with water afterwards.