Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sunday Night Clubbing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I keep hearing good things about Sunday night, whats the deal, is a mostly student night out or is it just a weekend extension? The only times I go out on a Sunday are bank holidays, don't know I could handle Mondays with a hangover aswell!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, the only sundays I go out are bank holidays cos they're ace.
    But Sunday nights around my area are pretty good, I don't go out though cos I'm usually recovering a hangover from Saturday, and can't face work Monday morning feeling like shit.
  • Options
    I usually go out on a Sunday to Optimo in Glasgow which is the best fucking night ever.

I'd be out tonight but I'm ohso poor.

Fuck knows what it's like going to any other Sunday elsewhere. Shit I'd imagine.

MON OPTIMO!
    <3
  • Options
    FHDJKSLFJDJKLS

Double post. BOO.
  • Options
    Now I want to go clubbing instead of doing this stupid essay :(
  • Options
    I think I'd prefer to go out on a Sunday then Saturday and I imagine the kind of people that do go out on a Sunday do so because they love the clubbing scene loads.
  • Options
    Sunday nights round here have got really popular over the last couple of years...

I used to go out quite alot on sundays, but I cant be arsed starting the week at work with a hangover anymore. Must be getting old! :grump:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I used to go out quite alot on sundays, but I cant be arsed starting the week at work with a hangover anymore. Must be getting old! :grump:

same for me, thursday nights are good here, which isnt too bad cos only friday at work then its the weekend, but being rough on a monday would probably have a knockon effect for the rest of the week for me, so do my best to avoid!
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I usually go out on a Sunday to Optimo in Glasgow which is the best fucking night ever.

I'd be out tonight but I'm ohso poor.

Fuck knows what it's like going to any other Sunday elsewhere. Shit I'd imagine.

MON OPTIMO!
    <3

I've heard of Optimo before. What's it like? Or is it for the oldies only :razz:
  • Options
    The rat and parrot near me has a 80's night on Sunday where all drinks are a pound.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

Pressure @ The Arches > Optimo.

I don't know where to start naming what's wrong with Optimo :(
  • Options
    I went out clubbing once on a Sunday and it wasn't too bad. Wasn't heaving but wasn't dead.

Mondays however...so bad.
  • Options
    Out to night for a well earned masher!
  • Options
    I probably go about twice a week on average since I was about 17.

I've been out clubbing on a Sunday about five times in my life - one was for my birthday, one was a bender for the World Cup Final.

Or in other words, I only ever go out o a Sunday unless it's a a spesh occasion.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I probably go about twice a week on average since I was about 17.

I've been out clubbing on a Sunday about five times in my life - one was for my birthday, one was a bender for the World Cup Final.

Or in other words, I only ever go out o a Sunday unless it's a a spesh occasion.

True true. I rarely go out properly for a proper sesh on a Sunday night, and I go out about 3 times a week now.
  • Options
    hardly nowhere in Brighton is any good but i have been to the honey club a few times they do a night called sundelicious only a quid entry and pretty decent music. Was in the honey on friday where Pete Tong was playing and was a pretty good night actually.
  • Options
    hardly nowhere in Brighton is any good but i have been to the honey club a few times they do a night called sundelicious only a quid entry and pretty decent music. Was in the honey on friday where Pete Tong was playing and was a pretty good night actually.

Yeah the honey club is good, concorde 2 and creation have some decent nights too.
  • Options
    sunday clubbing is still alive and kicking in manchester. there are a few good nights i can think of.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I've heard of Optimo before. What's it like? Or is it for the oldies only :razz:

Haha, it's on Sundays at The Sub Club, and it's amazing but you do need to get off your face on drugs of some sort to appreciate it, otherwise everyone else's sweat, gurny faces'll freak you out. :razz:
    Kiezo wrote:
    Pressure @ The Arches > Optimo.

I don't know where to start naming what's wrong with Optimo :(

Never been to Pressure at The Arches, only Death Disco like. WHICH IS NEXT SAT YALDY! EROL ALKAN, MATE. :yippe:

And I lovelovelovelovee OPTIMO, I'm hurt you say such things. :impissed:

When was the last time you went, like?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Never been to Pressure at The Arches, only Death Disco like. WHICH IS NEXT SAT YALDY! EROL ALKAN, MATE. :yippe:

And I lovelovelovelovee OPTIMO, I'm hurt you say such things. :impissed:

When was the last time you went, like?

Ah I remember your first drug experience, that time one of my pals rolled you a joint at the Union. YOU'VE BECOME SUCH A DEVIANT SINCE THEN!

And eh, fuck knows. About a year since I've been to Optimo. Too small, way too warm, and full of dicks. I swear every conversation with people in there used to be like "HI I'M DAVE I LISTEN TO INDIE AND ELECTRO DO YOU LIKE INDIE AND ELECTRO I REALLY LIKE INDIE AND ELECTRO." Then later on you'd meet someone and they'd be all "HEY ARE YOU GOING TO DAVE'S INDIE AND ELECTRO PARTY BACK AT HIS FLAT IN THE WEST END LATER THERE WILL BE INDIE AND ELECTRO".

But aye get your arse to Pressure, dick. Way better than Death Disco.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Ah I remember your first drug experience, that time one of my pals rolled you a joint at the Union. YOU'VE BECOME SUCH A DEVIANT SINCE THEN!

Hahahaha, fuck that was aaaaaages ago. Nah I've went down a spiral since I went to Reading. :razz:
    Kiezo wrote:
    And eh, fuck knows. About a year since I've been to Optimo. Too small, way too warm, and full of dicks. I swear every conversation with people in there used to be like "HI I'M DAVE I LISTEN TO INDIE AND ELECTRO DO YOU LIKE INDIE AND ELECTRO I REALLY LIKE INDIE AND ELECTRO." Then later on you'd meet someone and they'd be all "HEY ARE YOU GOING TO DAVE'S INDIE AND ELECTRO PARTY BACK AT HIS FLAT IN THE WEST END LATER THERE WILL BE INDIE AND ELECTRO".

HA! I see your point, caller. But I still think it's a bit amaaaaaaaze. Although last night made me gub my phone. I put a can (opened) of Red Stripe in my bag and now it refuses point blank to work. :/
    Kiezo wrote:
    But aye get your arse to Pressure, dick. Way better than Death Disco.

Reaaaaaaally? Hrm. I may do so, but Death Disco is also a bit amazing although there are more fannies going these days. Mad wee scene lasses and gay blokes who go only to be seen at Death Disco, psh.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Reaaaaaaally? Hrm. I may do so, but Death Disco is also a bit amazing although there are more fannies going these days. Mad wee scene lasses and gay blokes who go only to be seen at Death Disco, psh.

It's strange I haven't seen you at DD 'cause I've been there a few times in the past few months. You still hang about with all the same people from the Union days?

Also you ever heard of the after hours "clubs" called The Unit/The Basement? Fuck, they're so good during summer. About the same amount of people that go to Optimo and everyone's TOTALLY fucked and friendly. Usually open 'til about 8 - 10am then everyone either goes to someones flat or to the park if the weather's nice. It's really rather super.

Mylo said thaaaanks to The Unit on his album. I guess he must have played there back when he used to be good and not shite and churning out commerical cheese FUR THE LASSIES.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Boxing Day Cold Turkey Ravin's what it's all about.

bassnovabulletinposterfinaldv0.jpg
    Weekender Offender