Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How long?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Flatmate's having a freakout - she went on a date on monday and hasn't heard a squeak from the guy since. Sounds like she really likes him and like they had a fun night, so I'm assuming he's just being lazy or playing it cool, but she's convinced he's not interested.

Any thoughts? How long would you leave things before getting in contact?

Comments

• Options
    Like a day. Why doesn't she just phone him. Sheesh.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Why doesn't she just phone him. Sheesh.

True that :yes: The mist is wise.
  • Options
    i would assume he's not interested. however he might be waiting for her to txt him and thinking she's not interested. i wouldn't have left it this long to be honest. :)
  • Options
    To me it sounds as though he's not fussed.

Which is a bit shit. :(

Espesh if you thought you got on! Boo.

She could text him, like Lucifer said, he might be waiting on her..
  • Options
    Yeh, I'd echo the not interested thing, shame.

Does she stand to lose much face if she text's him?
  • Options
    She should give definitely him a call! Nothing to lose, everything to gain. He could be thinking the exact same thing about why she hasn't been in contact, unless it was specifically said that he would call her (and even then, it's not an iron-clad rule) :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    She should give definitely him a call! Nothing to lose, everything to gain. He could be thinking the exact same thing about why she hasn't been in contact, unless it was specifically said that he would call her (and even then, it's not an iron-clad rule) :)

Yeah, I would be thinking this rather than jump straight to the the not interested conclusion. He may be thinking the exact same thing yes, he may be nervous or he may be playing the treat 'em mean keep 'em keen game. In any case, she should definately call him and find out...
  • Options
    I hate these "rules" people have about texting. Its fucking ridiculous!

I reckon he probably isnt interested, as id text to say hi at least... but then how will she ever know if she doesnt take the initiative?

I went out with a girl i really liked last week, seemed all great, had a great time etc, and now i called her and she ignores it! and a text too... Basically, she's not up for it, and thats fair enough, you move on right...

Moral is... if you dont ring or text the person you will never know!
  • Options
    It all pisses me off a bit too - posted recently on my own behalf about 'playing it cool' and how much it irritates me. She's met another guy now anyway so panic over for her - girl moves fast!