Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Donate to the British Liver Trust for Jake

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    _£720 now, thanks to all who have donated! There is still time if you havent already :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote:
    £720 now, thanks to all who have donated! There is still time if you havent already :p

It's a really good thing you're doing for Jake you know JsT. Just wanted to say that...
  • Options
    Yup :yes:

Just donated £5. Sorry it isn't much.

Will try and donate a bit more after Christmas when I've got a bit more spare cash.
  • Options
    It's a really good thing you're doing for Jake you know JsT. Just wanted to say that...
    :blush:

Not just me you know :)

Thanks for your donations Stace/Rich.
  • Options

Roger that :thumb:

Really hope the target is reached, but even if not it really shows what an impact he had on everyone - whether they'd met the nutter or not! Can't really afford more than a tenner at the mo but every little helps eh :)
  • Options
    _
  • Options
    WOW that's a lot of money!

I'll be ok to donate when I get another job
  • Options
    £1 makes a difference... :p
  • Options
    £1 makes a difference... :p
    Some of us can't even afford that :p.

However, I have got a charity pot at the coffee bar which is currently holding around £8.50 worth of change :D.
  • Options
    Hey,
    Im Jakes little sister and ive just come across this post,
    thankyou ever so much for setting up the page so people can donate in memory of Jake,
    and thankyou all for donating, it really does mean alot to us (his family!)
    It's amazing how many friends jake had, his funeral was friday and roughly 200 people turned up,
    we were really touched.

thankyou all again,

Laura
  • Options
    would just like to show you all this...
    http://worthing-scouts.org.uk/8thworthing/oldbros/jake/herald_20061207.jpg
    my mum wrote to our local paper appealing for more people to be organ donors,
    there is no age barrier, so anyone can become a donor.

in answer to someones question - yes they would stitch you back up nicely afterwards so you dont need to worry about that.

Laura
  • Options
    i have donated a fiver its all i had. Had to scrape that from my car, hope it helps
    xx Emz xx
  • Options
    A whole grand!
  • Options
    _
  • Options
    Just to let you know we have received a letter of thanks from the British Liver Trust thanking us for a our hard work and passing on their condolences.

letternk1.th.jpg
    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8844/letternk1.jpg
  • Options
    Jst,
    my mum was wondering if you could send us a photo copy of that letter?
    hope to hear from you soon, you can get my msn from Dr Pirate if you have it.

Laura
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Got some money through from uni, so I'll donate some more when I get home :D
  • Options
    Hey, I know me n jake never really got on but he was one of the funniest guys i ever saw on here, i'd love to make a donation on behalf of myself and my partner and just sold some stuff,

Alas i don't have a cheque book or credit card but i have money in my paypal account if anyone trustworthy wouldn't mind could I send them this money via paypal and them foward the donation on for me as I think this would be easiest for me, or if there is another way please let me know.

obviously if i did foward it via paypal any fee's just deduct from the amount, i have about £19 i could spare, not alot but, best i could do.

thanks.
  • Options
    Any little bit helps, £19 or whatever is a ton!

PM me and I'll happily sort it for you.
  • Options
    thanks mate, off to bed, will do it tmorrow thanks again.
  • Options
    Thank you Hellfire.

We iz now up2 £1,092.00 + £174.03 in gift aid. BIG UP!
  • Options
    Can i just say on behalf of me and my family we cant thank everyone enough for their donations,
    it means so much to us,
    even now jakes doing the world some good by raising over £1,000 pounds to help others.
    Thank you all again,

Laura x
  • Options
    I'm done, not much but I just blew all my money on christmas shite, sad really.
  • Options
    Hi guys! im Katie Stevens aka LadyB from inx-radio :) i just wanted to thank you all so much for your kind generous donations to jakes memorial page. Youre money is going to a fantastic cause! we have raised an incredible £1,252.00 so many people will benefit from this money and every penny counts! and remember please sign up to be an organ donor its so important http://www.uktransplant.org.uk

thank you :)

xxx
  • Options
    Get off my patch Katie! :p

Im gonna donate some more in the new year when my student loan arrives.

I know people will be short with it being xmas etc but I hope some people can find a couple of quid to donate.

We are nearly 70% way to our target :D
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    inxLadyB wrote:
    Hi guys! im Katie Stevens aka LadyB from inx-radio :) i just wanted to thank you all so much for your kind generous donations to jakes memorial page. Youre money is going to a fantastic cause! we have raised an incredible £1,252.00 so many people will benefit from this money and every penny counts! and remember please sign up to be an organ donor its so important http://www.uktransplant.org.uk

thank you :)

xxx
    Someone ban this nub ;)
  • Options
    I have a spare £30 lying around my bank account that it turns out I didn't need after all. I shall transfer it to my current account on Thursday and donate it on Friday (working til 11 Thursday night >.<).

Yus.
  • Options
    God the moneys going up high very quickly!! I've gave another donation, not much, but I'll find more:)
  • Options
    Once I've got my money sorted in January, managed to sort out my almost maxed overdrafts, got my loan in and paid my accomodation fees, I'll make another donation.

Its really good how much everyone has raised in such little time. :)
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I have a spare £30 lying around my bank account that it turns out I didn't need after all. I shall transfer it to my current account on Thursday and donate it on Friday (working til 11 Thursday night >.<).

Yus.
    Oooo what happened to that little pot in your college for Jake?