Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diving Ronaldo

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So, does anyone want to defend the diving Portuguese charver, or do you all agree that he should be given a ten-match ban for his disgraceful cheating at the Riverside yesterday?

I await the Manchester United fans response in particular- no doubt all this is Wenger's fault, and that Ronaldo isn't a cheating little cunt anyway because Arsenal got two dodgy penalties from Useless Poll yesterday!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally I would like to welcome everyone to the most predictable thread of the week.

As for the thread, yep he dived an my opinion on what you happen in those instances is already on record. With regards the Arsenal connection, you could just as easily called it the Diving Rosicky thread but I guess that your ABU core needed satisfying :p
  • Options
    Nah, Rosicky didn't dive, but van Persie blatantly handled the ball.

Ronaldo is a disgrace to the game, I don't know how anyone can defend him at all. To listen to Ferguson trying to claim that Schwarzer touched him just proves what a gin-addled senile old prick the Glaswegian docker really is.
  • Options
    Rosicky didn't dive - but the defender got the ball before the man. Van Persie was brought down but only after he'd handled it.

Spurs were very unlucky about the penalties but not the outcome. They were flat, uninspired and Arsenal did deserve to win.

Didn't see the ManYoo game but given Mr. Rage's reaction, it was probably fairly innocuous :D

In other news, Southampton beat Hull 4-2 away to climb to 5th and we're now 4 points of top spot. Come on the Saints! Rasiak is fast becoming the best striker in the CCC and Chris Bale gets better with every game. I just hope Burley has the sense not to sell him in January. Fuck me, that boy takes a mean free kick!
  • Options
    I think it's time to start punishing clubs aswell.

In cases like this where's there's no reasonable doubt that he dived (even though the manager denies it and the supporters don't exactly seem damning in their condemnation either) then clubs should start being fined and docked points, especially when ignorant managers deny it even happens.

Seems like it's a race to see who can cheat their way to the title this year.
  • Options
    Didn't see the ManYoo game but given Mr. Rage's reaction, it was probably fairly innocuous :D

You should go and watch it- it was the deciding moment in the game, and it was a blatant dive. Schwarzer was about ten feet from Ronaldo. The dive after the tackle from Boateng was even worse, and they almost scored from the free kick.

Neither of Arsenal's penalties should have been given. Portsmouth got a very dodgy penalty at home too from Useless Rennie.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNAwvfxMilg

Just short of the 3 minute mark. Absolutely blatant dive. The other one is after 5 minutes which was almost as bad. Its just a shame the FA wont clamp down on behaviour like this.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    JsT wrote:

What a horrible little cunt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Personally I would like to welcome everyone to the most predictable thread of the week.

:D

If I am honest I thought he might have lost his footing for the penalty, it looked like he was still trying to stick it in as he went down to me. As for the free kick, Boateng I think, blatant dive, wish he wouldn't do it. I noticed nobody has mentioned Malcom Christies dive, he doesn't play for United does he:rolleyes:

Ronaldo has cut most of it out to be fair to the lad (which I know no ABU can do) hes probably the most fouled player in the league and does not go down as often as some would have you believe.

Also, can't remember which player but boro got a penalty for a dive in the same game last season (4th goal?) so they got what they deserve.
    Portsmouth got a very dodgy penalty at home too from Useless Rennie.

Now whos being a hypocritical cunt? He was the best ref in the league last week.:razz:
  • Options
    Ok just watched it - yes it was a dive and he is a cheating scumbag. Unfortunately for everyone else in the league, he is a very very talented cheating scumbag. I doubt he would be worse a player if he stopped diving.

Though I do agree that now we have cameras covering every inch of the pitch, post-match bans should be introduced as sadly there are a lot of kiddies looking at that and seeing that the game should be played like that.

As for calling him a charver - just about all footballers are charvers! If we still used phrenology to screen criminals, the football leagues would be very empty.

Again, as for calling Ferguson a "gin-addled senile old prick" and a "Glaswegian docker" that may be true. But his record as the most successful manager in the English game doesn't really lie. Or are you gonna come up with some theory as to how he cheated his way to all those leagues and cups?
  • Options
    Or are you gonna come up with some theory as to how he cheated his way to all those leagues and cups?

lol it wouldn't surprise me, the ABU mentality is all consuming.
  • Options
    It should also be pointed out that the rules clearly state that contact does NOT have to be made to award a penalty, if the intent to foul is there it can be awarded.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    It should also be pointed out that the rules clearly state that contact does NOT have to be made to award a penalty, if the intent to foul is there it can be awarded.

There was intent either. Stevie Wonder could see that. Look at the way he leaves his leg trailing - actively looking for the foul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwI99ZZxjY

He's a cheating prick, I don't see how you can argue otherwise. Look at this beauty... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ochcQ56Es
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What a stupid thread.

I'm sure the ABUs like Kermit have been waiting all season for something like this to happen. It's taken to December to actually give them an excuse to vent their bitter frustration though which is nice. Yesterday's events were disappointing all the same.

The free kick one was definitely a dive, which wasn't acceptable. The penalty is debateable. I don't believe Fergie said there was contact after he'd seen a replay (and fair play to him for actually looking at it in front of the cameras, you wouldn't see Mourinho or that sore losing cunt Wenger do that). But he did say there was intent from the keeper to bring him down. Regardless of whether you think Schwarzer didn't have intent, the fact is Ronaldo has knocked the ball around him, Schwarzers slid in towards his legs, and Ronaldo has evaded the challenge and tumbled (dived).

By the rules of the game it's a penalty. It's no worse than what Steven Gerrard did against Sheffield United earlier in the season. In fact Gerrard's penalty dive was even worse than Ronaldo's. Where was the outrage then, and the calls for 10 match bans? Oh, of course, Gerrard is part of the master race, and can do no wrong. Ronaldo's just a 'filthy dago' who's got a habit of knocking England out of big tournaments. Hang him.
  • Options
    You can't get away from the fact he's a cheating prick. It's indefensible.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    You can't get away from the fact he's a cheating prick. It's indefensible.

Yea, he cheats, but not nearly as much as people think. This season loads of players have cheated alot more than Ronaldo.

Match of the Day did a good feature on it all last night. They showed it all but also showed a case where he got challenged but stayed on his feet despite it being a blatant foul. Players like Robben on the other hand usually go down 100% of the time in those situations.

Anyway, we got cheated by Celtic last week, so these things do tend to even themselves out across a season.
  • Options
    IMO, it doesn't matter if you stay on your feet every time you get fouled, if you go down once when nothing happened, you're a cheat, and there's no defence for it. It's not an excuse.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    IMO, it doesn't matter if you stay on your feet every time you get fouled, if you go down once when nothing happened, you're a cheat, and there's no defence for it. It's not an excuse.

OK, so next time we see Steven Gerrard diving for a penalty, or another English darling like Andy Johnson or Ashley Cole, can we expect to see them hung out to dry like Ronaldo? Can we fuck. If people want to highlight a problem and have a moan about it, they may as well be consistent in their moaning. What's the point in trying to get diving stamped out if people only complain about it when it suits their own bitter agendas? Just makes them look pathetic.
  • Options
    What were you expecting? I take it you're completely objective about everything then?

I always hate diving. I'm also not a major footy fan, because I hate the girly falling over, the shitty acting, the way fans behave and also because how boring it is, so don't really see matches very often.

Next time Steven Gerrard dives in the box though, feel free to post a thread on it.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    What were you expecting? I take it you're completely objective about everything then?

I always hate diving. I'm also not a major footy fan, because I hate the girly falling over, the shitty acting, the way fans behave and also because how boring it is, so don't really see matches very often.

Next time Steven Gerrard dives in the box though, feel free to post a thread on it.

I couldn't care less though, I wouldn't be bothered making a thread about something like that - I already think this one is stupid enough. I wasn't just referring to threads on here either, I'm talking about the moaning public and media in general. I'm not completely objective but it makes me laugh when the English public get so outraged about diving, demanding it is stamped out, but then if one of their darlings does it, they pass a blind eye. Hardly an eyelid was batted when Gerrard cheated Sheffield United out of their 3 points. The foreigners are always first to be blamed when the issue of diving comes up, when in reality it's just as much an English problem. People just need to get some perspective on the matter.
  • Options
    You're still going on about Gerrard? At least he was touched, even if it wasn't very much. Schwarzer wasnt within three yards of Ronaldo, and Boateng wasn't within three miles.

There are as many British players who are cheating, diving twats- Cashley, Joe Cole, Rooney, Giggs, Owen, and Johnson does dive too, although he's not as bad as the Plastic Geordie at Birmingham reckons he is.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You're still going on about Gerrard? At least he was touched, even if it wasn't very much. Schwarzer wasnt within three yards of Ronaldo, and Boateng wasn't within three miles.

If you actually bothered to watch it, there was contact with Boateng (hardly 3 miles away), but it was still a dive because Ronaldo forced the contact.

Schwarzer didn't touch him but it's debateable whether Ronaldo is evading the challenge and trips or whether he dives. Most pundits, despite the moaning on the public, think it was a penalty. I think the decision could have been given either way, but I'm not complaining, because we were cheated by Celtic.

It's a futile debate anyway.
  • Options
    You were cheated by Celtic? :lol:

Did the nasty referee make Saha miss that exceedingly dodgy penalty and miss that one-on-one with the keeper? Boo, hiss, wot a wanker!

Do you go to the same opticians as wenger?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You were cheated by Celtic? :lol:

Did the nasty referee make Saha miss that exceedingly dodgy penalty and miss that one-on-one with the keeper? Boo, hiss, wot a wanker!

Do you go to the same opticians as wenger?

You must have missed their dive for the free kick, which led to the only goal of the game.

That's not the sole reason we lost the game, nor was our penalty against Middlesborough the sole reason we won that game. Even though 2 wrongs don't make a right, these decisions tend to even themselves out so I'll take any decision in our favour, because I know there'll be one won't go our way somewhere else along the line.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Schwarzer didn't touch him but it's debateable whether Ronaldo is evading the challenge and trips or whether he dives.

Look at the way he trails his leg even when it's quite clear he neither tripped or was caught by the keeper. Even Stevie Wonder could see he played up and dived.

Yes there are other players who cheat including England players, and they're cunts when they do it too. Still doesn't take anything away from the fact Ronaldo is a cheating little prick.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Look at the way he trails his leg even when it's quite clear he neither tripped or was caught by the keeper. Even Stevie Wonder could see he played up and dived.

You could say his momentum made him stumble, because he evens tries to kick the ball as he falls. I'm not worried about the penalty - it's a penalty no matter what. The free kick one was a stonewall dive though.
    Yes there are other players who cheat including England players, and they're cunts when they do it too. Still doesn't take anything away from the fact Ronaldo is a cheating little prick.

I can see that you may have some perspective on the matter, shame about the rest of the English public though. Diving has been going on all season (most of it by English players) but it's taken a Ronaldo dive to actually get people to react (no prizes for guessing why). No wonder nothing is done about it - the footballing authorities won't do anything when people seem intent to make the issue into a personal vendetta against a handful of foreigners.
  • Options
    It's got nothing to do with him being foreign, and everything to do with him being a little cheating charver prick. I couldn't care less about his nationality (except when his cheating robs my national side), and I wouldn't hate him less if he was called Bob Smith.

I notice that you still don't condemn him, but you'd be coming in your pants if it had been van Persie who'd done it.

Yeah, the free-kick for Celtic was a bit soft, but it was still 35 yards out and you can't blame the ref for that when you fluffed a dubious onside call and an even more dubious penalty down the other end.

The fact is that Ronaldo, Rooney (notice him- he's English) and Ruud were and are the three worst cheaters in the history of the Premier League, and they all play for the same club. Coincidence?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's got nothing to do with him being foreign, and everything to do with him being a little cheating charver prick. I couldn't care less about his nationality (except when his cheating robs my national side), and I wouldn't hate him less if he was called Bob Smith.
    I doubt it. You've hardly been forthcoming in your criticism of English cheats, even those who actually cheat more than Ronaldo. I think it has alot to do with Ronaldo's nationality, and even more to do with him playing for United.

I notice that you still don't condemn him, but you'd be coming in your pants if it had been van Persie who'd done it.
    I did condemn Ronaldo. Note:
    Addict wrote:
    The free kick one was definitely a dive, which wasn't acceptable.
    As for the Van Persie comment, hardly. I haven't complained about any of his cheating so far this season and there's been lots of it to complain about.
    Kermit wrote:
    The fact is that Ronaldo, Rooney (notice him- he's English) and Ruud were and are the three worst cheaters in the history of the Premier League, and they all play for the same club. Coincidence?
    That's all bollocks. Anyone who labels Rooney as one of the biggest cheats in premiership history is clearly deranged. The antics of those players shade in comparison to the ridiculous amount of cheating that has gone on at Arsenal over the years. I don't actually mind Arsenal too much these days, now they've more or less got rid of the axis of dishonesty: Cashley, Patrick, Bobby and Reyes. I'm sure it won't be long till Wenger has his youngsters take over from where they left off, but who knows? I'm not sure if I even care anymore. I'm sick of the xenophobic media spouting their shite and filling the public with hate. Why let them have an excuse?
  • Options
    I'll tell you something. Ronaldo is giving footballers with real claims bad press with his diving antics but once again it shows quite clearly that tv replays are required to stamp out this most blatent forms of cheating.

To add to that I totally agree that clubs should start being punished. It is afterall a sport and any team in need of cheating is not a team deserving of anything good.
  • Options
    Go and ask Harry Redknapp if he thinks that Rooney is a cheat...

The biggest cheats in the Premier League have all played for United, with the exceptions of Pires, Owen and Drogba. We have the thugs Cantona and Keane, the new divers Rooney, Ruud and Ronaldo, Mark Hughes, Solksjaer, Sheringham, Ince, Kanchelskis...

The worst cheats at the moment are Rooney, Ronaldo, van Persie and Drogba. Agreed? Only one of them is English.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The biggest cheats in the Premier League have all played for United......Mark Hughes, Solksjaer, Sheringham, Ince, Kanchelskis

:lol: clearly you've been watching a different Manchester United to the rest of the world for the last decade.