Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Making a Web Shop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello People , I currently run a business which i only seam to get customers of a regular and family trade so i wanted to take this to a website . I dont earn much from it at the minute but i think i could if i went world wide. Does anyone know were i can start and what programs i would need to make a web shop!! I havent a clue x Any advice would be apperiated!!

Comments

• Options
    Depending on what you sell, you could consider an Ebay or Amazon front to your shop, which saves you investing time and money in creating and maintaining your own web site, whilst you are starting up.
  • Options
    Roman Cart is pretty good. And it's free.

Though personally I'd recommend eBay as chances are, more people will be looking at eBay than at your site. Just the way things are.
  • Options
    Ebay for sure, specialy as its coming up to xmas!!
  • Options
    Again, depending on what you sell you might consider http://www.etsy.com/ - if you're selling handmade things.
  • Options
    Hello People , I currently run a business which i only seam to get customers of a regular and family trade so i wanted to take this to a website . I dont earn much from it at the minute but i think i could if i went world wide. Does anyone know were i can start and what programs i would need to make a web shop!! I havent a clue x Any advice would be apperiated!!

Depends on the stuff but eBay is probably best
  • Options
    its alchol ,bottles of corky's as they are not avaible anywhere else x
  • Options
    its alchol ,bottles of corky's as they are not avaible anywhere else x
    arent they shots? that u get in all mad flavours?

i get them from the pub
  • Options
    Yes they are and I can now sell the bottles of them which the pubs have x I have all flavours!
  • Options
    In answer to your question, OS Commerce is great and it's free.

http://www.oscommerce.com/

OSC Templates: http://www.templatemonster.com/oscommerce-templates.php

p.s. I think you may need a different license to sell alcohol via the web, you should maybe check with HMRC before exporting to other countries.