Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need some ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't really know if this is the right area, but i've recently figured i probably don't appreciate my girlfriend enough and i'd like to do something quite nice for her, especially as it's moreorless a year since we got together. Trouble is i'm unimaginative at stuff like this. Anyone got some ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bunch of her favourite flowers?
    romantic meal out somewhere
    treat her to something she likes doing (which in my case the gf like shopping. *le sigh.)
    Meals out are nice, especially if it's some small bistro type place that's not noisy so you can chat and melt into each others eyes over the candlelight :)
    Trouble is i'm unimaginative at stuff like this.

icey wrote:
    bunch of her favourite flowers?

:no:
    If she has a favourite flower and he never buys her flowers, I think that would be quite special. Even if it's just a bunch of pretty flowers I think it would be appreciated. It's not very original, but things don't always have to be original to be nice.

Best present I ever had from a boyfriend was when he bought plane tickets for me and him to go on holiday. If you've got a bit of cash to spare (with budget airlines it doesn't have to cost a fortune), is there anywhere she'd really like to go? Does she have any hobbies or interests that could be linked to a country (ie. if she likes art you could take her to Italy to see an art gallery)?

What did you guys do on your first date? Or if you didn't really have a first date, is there a place you used to go to a lot at the beginning of your relationship? It might be quite nice to take her back there for sentimental reasons.
    wildchild wrote:
    What did you guys do on your first date? Or if you didn't really have a first date, is there a place you used to go to a lot at the beginning of your relationship? It might be quite nice to take her back there for sentimental reasons.

Ooh, definitely, I like this one :D

The night I got together with my ex, we watched The Shawshank Redemption in my cramped little student room on my tiny tv. A few months later, he said he had a surprise, and wouldn't tell me what it was, except to meet him in a certain place. When I got there, he took me to the IMAX cinema in Birmingham, where they were playing The Shawshank Redemption. I thought that was lovely :)
    Erm, don't really know your money situation, so this may be a waste of time, but if possible, how about a weekend away at a nice hotel in a nice city where there's stuff you can do together?
    i like simple stuff, like days out, take her the zoo or summat, then for a meal, spend the whole day together :)
    you don't necessarily have to do a big gesture or spend any money, just tell her you appreciate her. :)
    Don't really know if this is the right area, but i've recently figured i probably don't appreciate my girlfriend enough and i'd like to do something quite nice for her, especially as it's moreorless a year since we got together. Trouble is i'm unimaginative at stuff like this. Anyone got some ideas?

Well why don't you just tell her you appreciate her?
    Well why don't you just tell her you appreciate her?

You old romantic :p

Yeah, guess that is the obvious way to go, but I'm not going to discourage a man from doing things to let his girlfriend know he appreciates her :thumb:
    She's your fucking girlfriend. If you can't work this one out yourself, you deserve to be dumped. :p
    She's your fucking girlfriend. If you can't work this one out yourself, you deserve to be dumped. :p

Ouch!! I dont agree with this at all.

Maybe he cares for her so much he doesnt want to disappoint, this clouds the mind !

I personnaly think you should have some idea on what to do, simple and thoughtful works best. Like a day out to her favorite place.

My ex was into her arts so we went to London to a few galleries for her birthday, she loved spending the day just with me and doing something she loved.

..remember..think OUSIDE the box.....man im in a weird mood today.
    Do something that's a surprise, and do something that shows a little thought.

We don't know what she likes, so its very hard for us to suggest something that isn't a cliche and that isn't something she would hate. The most romantic day (except wedding day, obv) I've had was a winter's day in Whitby when we went there on the bus, had a walk around and a fish supper, but that isn't for everyone.

Flowers are a given, but you need to do more than that. Show some imagination, it really isn't about how much you spend its about how much time you spend thinking about it and preparing it.
    Kermit wrote:
    Show some imagination, it really isn't about how much you spend its about how much time you spend thinking about it and preparing it.

:yes:
    buy her presents but hide them n send her on her own special 'treasure hunt'...u could draw up a map n everything..
    Make her a meal that you have cooked yourself. Did she have a favourite book, movie or toy etc when she was a child? Showing that you have listened to her and taken the time to find her that item would be highly appreciated, I'm sure. You can wrap it up and give it to her over dinner ... plent of "aw!" factor in that. ;)
    Lick her muff!!!!:shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Lick her muff!!!!

That will always get you in the good books :lol:
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Lick her muff!!!!:shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
    turly i just love your drunken rampages on the boards :D:heart:
    What's your budget?

Can you afford to take her abroad on a long romantic (read dirty) weekend?
    something different to whats the norm for you.

If you normally stay in, then take her out somewhere nice.

If you normally go out, treat her to a night in full of pampering and cook her a meal.

Or you could make her a gift, thats original and shows effort
    The best thing you could do would be to make a concious effort to appreciate her more often from now on.

A meal sounds a good starting point though :yes:
    Hahaha. I can't stop thinking of Pete Sweet...

"Sweet?" "Crisps?" "Cuppa tea?" Then he brings out the horn! And parps it. Quality. Hahaha.

I dunno, you shouldn't have let the whole situation get this far to be honest. Small gestures are the best.

I used to leave post its around my exes' gaff saying I loved him etc. I also used to leave him a wee video on his phone I recorded whilst he was in the shower saying how I thought he was fab.
    Yeah it's tiny little things that me and the boyf do that show we appriciate one another. Yes the all out big romantic surprises are great, but if I had to choose between the big one off surprise and the cup of tea I get bought to me if I've stayed at his while he's been at work (and am therefore still snoring my head off....)

If you really did want something big gesturey, the idea mentioned about finding her favourite childhood toy was good. I once caught the boyfriend holding my favourite toy dog, turning him which ways and that, and typing into the laptop.

Turned out he was trying to find me another one, as I'd mentioned that when they were first out there were all different colours, as my friend had a red one. That was sweet, and I have no doubt if he'd of found one, I'd of been really chuffed. But my cup of tea will still come first.