Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X Factor 2006!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So good I said it twice :o
    Is it just me or is the panto audience really annoying anyone else.

Firstly they continue cheering when the judges are trying to speak and give feedback to the singer so the judge can hardly be heard. Tehn theres the booing and hissing when a singer gets critised. Finally when do the crowd start cheering halfway through a song, its not stars in there eyes where you cheer cause they sound like the original, allow the contestant to finish the song.
    Yeah it annoys me too, but the whole thing's a panto so it's par for the course really.

I've already given my view on Ray. But to surmise he seems basically to be a one trick pony who does admittedly do his "thang" fairly well. It's fair enough to capitalise on your strong points, everyone does it and especially in talent show situations, but being good at belting out big band songs in a mediocre voice is a "talent" a fair few people have and doesn't equate in any way, shape or form to having the X Factor imo. However, since the show lost sight of its basic premise (finding someone with the X Factor, right?) a long time ago I guess that doesn't matter.

I find them all irritating beyond belief, and it's a case of who I hate least rather than who I'm championing to win.

Leona is starting to get right on my tits though, the way she pretty much... simpers constantly. I can understand why Joe Public in the US would LOVE her. Simon Cowell must be creaming his tighty whiteys at the very thought of pimping her out over there! :crazyeyes
    sophia wrote:
    Leona is possibly the most boring individual I have ever seen in my life. Yeah, she's pretty and she's got an amazing voice...but who gives a fuck? She's got about as much personality as a toilet roll. She sang a perfect karaoke rendition of the Whitney version of I Will Always Love You...big fucking deal.

It is also interesting to note that she is EXACTLY the type of woman SC goes for. Just as Eton Road would be and are EXACTLY the type of young boys LW would go for if he were a gay man which of course he isn't and how dare I suggest such a thing.

It can't be coincidence, surely! :razz:
    sophia wrote:
    And as for Louis Walsh possibly being a homosexual, I don't know WHAT you are implying young lady! :shocking:

Homosexual!?

I meant gay as in happy, joyful and full of 100% heterosexual manly man-type glee... I CANNOT BELIEVE you have just outed Louis Walsh on thesite!

:o
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Fucking Ray is doing a swing version of Mandy :grump:

:lol:
    I'm boycotting X-Factor now that Eton Road and Nikitta have been kicked, they were my favourites (out of a bad bunch).
    I was at work tonight.

Who were in the bottom two and who has gone?
    Oh dear. I thought it was Saturday.
    The MacDonald Brothers zzzzzzz again
    Simon not being too positive about Ray I bet he'll compliment Leona like there's no tomorrow.
    To be fair though, Leona is fantastic.

I think/hope the Mac'Donald brothers will go out tonight. They must. I think its between them and Ray though. I won't see the result as I'm in work.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

The changed the arrangement since yesterdays xcess all areas or whatever its called. Sounded much better than yesterday but still a bit poo.

All the contestants left are a bit meh for me. Not fussed about it anymore. This saddens me :(
    I loved Leona tonight and I thought Ben's voice was better at the beginning of the song.
    Macdonald Brother's second song :lol:
    I'm blarting now.(for various reasons). Why did he have to sing My Way? Bloody Ray. He has to win now, just for that. :)
    Oh, I'm liking Ray more and more :)
    Well I'm rooting for Ray now, because I hate Leona, Ben bores me slightly, and The MAcDonald brothers.... hmm they're OK.... I preferred Eton Road :crying: So Ray to win :)
    Ray impressed me tonight.

I want the Mac'Donald Brothers to go.

I want either Ben or Leona to win.
    Argh. Leona. *sits and waits for the wobbly lip and hand dancing*. What a song to choose....
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Argh. Leona. *sits and waits for the wobbly lip and hand dancing*. What a song to choose....

Hehe, I have a friend who gets really annoyed with what she does with her knees...
    Kate1 wrote:
    Hehe, I have a friend who gets really annoyed with what she does with her knees...

The KNEES! How did I forget those?! I admit, she's a great singer... and if I heard her on the radio I'd probably think she was good. BUT OH MY GODDDD I feel like screaming at her "PUT YOUR HAND DOWN WOMAN!!!!!!"
    Leona gave me goosebumps just there :o

I'm voting for her and the MacDonalds, hopefuly Ben gets sent back where he looks like he belongs i.e the homeless unit.

Remember folks, no vote = no whinge if you don't like the result :yes:
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Remember folks, no vote = no whinge if you don't like the result :yes:

Fine. Then I'm voting for Ray, just so I can whinge more about Leona still being there. :D
    i just voted for LEONA! omg what an amzingly beautiful voice. she captivates me, which is a hell of a lot more than i can so for those shite mcdonald brothers. yeh they do nice sing along songs but thats all they are. they're not in the same league. neither is ray.
    lipsy wrote:
    i just voted for LEONA! omg what an amzingly beautiful voice.

Yes but the LIP.... the HAND DANCING... and the KNEES.... can you not see it.....
    (I admit, I'm only backing Ray because of the song he sung tonight - everyone I liked has been booted off :()
    lipsy wrote:
    i just voted for LEONA! omg what an amzingly beautiful voice. she captivates me, which is a hell of a lot more than i can so for those shite mcdonald brothers. yeh they do nice sing along songs but thats all they are. they're not in the same league. neither is ray.

:yes:

It'd be good if it was a MacDonalds v Leona final, but it'd be a bit wrong if Leona didn't walk it.

I've voted for Leona twice, cause it'd be a fucking tragedy if she didn't go through.
    I didn't bat an eyelash that Leona chose to sing that song, her Mariah Carey aspirations are a bit disturbing and horribly cliched... definitely not for me. I can see why Simon Cowell wants to whisk her off to the US, they will lap that shit up. There's no disputing that she can sing, but there is absolutely nothing about her that appeals to me and she continues to simper. I did enjoy her first performance though.

I'm not all that keen on Ben but I was very impressed with his personal choice, I loved it although I couldn't help but think that every single member of the choir was probably more deserving of his spot than he is :razz:

Ray doing My Way was a daft choice, typical mentorless choice for a young person but wrong wrong WRONG. It is an epilogical song, not something for 18 year old maniacally-mugging-upstarts who have no idea what their way actually is. The irony of it wasn't lost on me, but obviously will be on the slobbering big band addicts who cream on demand every time someone belts that song out. His rendition of Mandy embarassed me, I would be ashamed to sound like that at our local karaoke.

The MacDonald Brothers are a joke. I thought they had their best performance to date with their second song though, it didn't require fantastic vocals and has a bit of built-in personality (essential to them, I reckon) which definitely helped them along. I hardly dare admit it but I'd rather they stayed than Ray. The Guardian's description of him (Ray) today was hilarious - something along the lines of "Brylcreemed, jittering cross between a ventriloquist's dummy and an otter foetus that hits every note like a hammer". Burn. But so true.