Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Breakfast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I love breakfast. I think it's my favourite meal of the day, probably because it's the only one I get to eat in relative peace and quiet most of the time!

Just had a late breakfast of pancakes, which is nice, but I think if I had to choose one thing to eat for breakfast for all the rest of time it would be a hot bacon and egg sandwich and a mug of milky coffee. Thankfully the question is hypothetical or I'd be the size of a house. :D

What's your favourite breakfast?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mcdonald's double bacon and egg mcmuffin. I just can't get enough of them. And the hash browns and the orange juice. I live for my weekend breakfast.
    I can't eat breakfast. The idea of food first thing makes me ill, and i usually throw up most mornings anyway. And no, im not pregnant :)
    A vegetarian fry up!! lol
    I also loved fried egg on toast.
    I rarely have breakfast and when I do it's usually toast or coco pops. A good fry up is always good though but I cant remember the last time I had one of those.
    I like pancakes with golden syrup, or crossiants with loads of butter and jam.
    Never really fancy anything savoury in the morning.
    Usually just end up having toast though.
    at the moment im obsessed with shreddies :yes: or if not them then fruit and fibre or readybrek (with raspberry jam!) all 3 are scrummy - although i generally dont tend to eat them for breakfast. usually as a snack during the day!!

however the ultimate favourite would have to be a full english breakfast from 'dennys' in the US :yes: the sausages are to die for!! as are the pancakes :yum: mmmm what id give to have one now..
    i usually only eat wholemeal toast for breakfast but i just ADORE the buffet fry-ups you get in big hotels where you get scrambled eggs, fried eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread, beans, hash browns, mushrooms and a pot of tea. then when you've finished you can go back for more! then go back to bed coz you're so full :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Absolutely!

I'd love a full English everyday, but normally just settle for toast.
    I never have breakfast normally. I can never face it.

I do love a good fry up every now and again though. Love the Mc'Donald double sausage and egg muffins too (but without the egg) with hash brownssss! :yum:
    I love pancakes bacon and eggs, but tend to have it at brunch, or any other time of the day, first thing eating is not for me.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I do love a good fry up every now and again though. Love the Mc'Donald double sausage and egg muffins too (but without the egg) with hash brownssss! :yum:

Haha. I don't like the egg either. I gave mine this morning to a homeless man who saw me about to put it in the bin.

Weirdo.
    I love cereal. I don't have time to eat it with milk in the weekdays so I just throw it in a baggie and take it to go. Cereal with sugar and marshmellows and more sugar and color and toys in the box. Fruit loops with marshmellows and chocolate lucky charms and mini swirls and fruity pebbles and pebbles with marshmellows and smore's cereal and berry berry kix and golden grams and oreo o's and boo berry and count chocolua and captian crunch with crunch berries and waffle crisp and pops and frosted flakes and oh I think I'm going to go shopping today.
    lipsy wrote:
    i usually only eat wholemeal toast for breakfast but i just ADORE the buffet fry-ups you get in big hotels where you get scrambled eggs, fried eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread, beans, hash browns, mushrooms and a pot of tea. then when you've finished you can go back for more! then go back to bed coz you're so full :D

:heart:
    Breakfast is wank I much prefer teatime
    I just had a mint english brekkie, gotta love the grease when your hungover. dont normally eat breakfast tho, cant do owt but yawn and say "what?" for the first 2 hours of the day
    JsT wrote:
    Haha. I don't like the egg either. I gave mine this morning to a homeless man who saw me about to put it in the bin.

Weirdo.

I imagine he was probably just hungry :/

as for breakfast im on a bit of a shreddies binge atm too... if i have time i got for toast/tea or coffee tho :D
    Fuck I hardly ever have breafast these days, probably due to the fact I don't wake up till 2 or 3 most days haha! Though if I'm up, not hungover and in the mood, I'll have a few croissants and some orange sukie or some tea and toast. Haven't ate cereal regularly since I was a kiddo.
    lipsy wrote:
    i usually only eat wholemeal toast for breakfast but i just ADORE the buffet fry-ups you get in big hotels where you get scrambled eggs, fried eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread, beans, hash browns, mushrooms

they rock my socks.

that doesn't happen very often so i just stick with porridge (when it's winter). :yum:
    Ooo, I think breakfast is my favourite meal of the day too... it's the only meal I consistantly look forward to :)

I can't choose a favourite!! It depends on my mood and the situation :) Some of my favourites include Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, porridge and scotch pancakes :yum:
    Porridge before college in a morning for me :) On a weekend, whatever tickles me. Normally a giant cup of tea and a sausage sandwich.
    I've not ate breakfast since i was about 8, i don't like milk and the smell of toast makes me want to chuck and i don't really eat meat so i don't think there are too many delightfull breakfasts options left, although i used to be partial to the odd cadbury brunch bar, untill i found that they were about as calorific as half a bar of lard!
    breakfast is beautiful! because I can't eat meals at my desk at work and dont want to get up early to eat it I have cereal bars. but the weekends either macdonalds or the crispiest smokey bacon with scrambled eggs.
    breakfast is the best by far.
    A bowl of healthy cereal. I never have anything else...
    A bowl of healthy cereal. I never have anything else...

Do you at least put sugar on it :p
    my_name wrote:
    Do you at least put sugar on it :p

Can't beat a big litre glass of sugar.

Cants!
    Miffy wrote:
    I love breakfast. I think it's my favourite meal of the day,
    myn too. i never manage to perform my best if i miss breakfast in the morning.
    for some reason too eating a proper breakfast always makes me feel like i'm taking proper care of myself, which is a feeling i like :)
    Miffy wrote:
    What's your favourite breakfast?
    atm, porridge made with milk with cherries and apple pieces in it :yum:
    I love Breakfast!
    My ultimate Breakfast is an English fry-up but there is not usually the time for that.
    On weekdays I eat several bowls of cereal, I go through phases of which cereal I like. My favourites are Honey Loops, Frosties, Frosted Shreddies, Corn Flakes, Wheetabix, Coco Pops and Riceycles.
    I also like continental breakfasts, Pain-au-Chocolat, Croissants and various salami type meats with bread and cheese.
    I had a bit of crumpet fo rmine this morn! and yes, the kind you toast on :P unfortunately
    I'm a big fan of leftovers for breakfast too. This morning I had a couple of cold enchilladas. :yum:
    bagelsQUOTE]

Oh I've not had a bagle in ages... I think I shall go buy some.

Have you tried that philedepha cream cheese that has the jelly swirls in it? I want to try that. Looks delicious.