Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Torn muscle/muscle ache

smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
edited January 2023 in General Chat
OK, over the last five days i have had a painful ache which i believe is a torn muscle. Its on the top of my arm stretching to my shoulder. So, to stop it getting any worse i have rested it since i have had it. The rest i have giving it doesn't seem to have made any difference, surely the pain would of eased down a little bit !!

Does anyone know of any creams or good painkillers that may help it heal or reduce the ache?

I have tried Deep Freeze to numb it, but that don't work been through like a whole can so i have given up on that.

Ahhh any ideas, its pissin' me off
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just let it recover on its own. If deep freeze or deep heat dont work, try some ibuprofen tabs.

How did you do it?
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Not sure exactly how i done it, it sort of came on slowly while i was at the gym.

How long max will the fucker take to heal?

I don't want to put everything on hold until its ok again

Edit: I don't think Ibuprofens are strong enough
    smitherz wrote:
    Not sure exactly how i done it, it sort of came on slowly while i was at the gym.

How long max will the fucker take to heal?

I don't want to put everything on hold until its ok again

Edit: I don't think Ibuprofens are strong enough
    Try some nubain then. :D (only joking, stay away from it)

I cant actually figure out where the pain is. Is it actually from the bicep to the side shoulder muscle?
    HIT wrote:
    Try some nubain then. :D (only joking, stay away from it)

I cant actually figure out where the pain is. Is it actually from the bicep to the side shoulder muscle?

Its more on the shoulder, but when i lift my arm it feels like someone is stabbing me in the shoulder to the arm with a knife.

Im guna end up dropping 10 Ibuprofens in a minute, it bothers me more when im at work it makes time go slow for me
    smitherz wrote:
    Its more on the shoulder, but when i lift my arm it feels like someone is stabbing me in the shoulder to the arm with a knife.

Im guna end up dropping 10 Ibuprofens in a minute, it bothers me more when im at work it makes time go slow for me
    It sounds like a tendon imo. That stabbing pain.

I think your in need for a massage, your joints/tendons need to be loosened up and putting additional stress on them is only going to make things more painful. Perhaps even a light swim?

At the gym make sure you add a few more warm up sets in, and avoid exercises like have you pressing or pulling behind the neck.
    HIT wrote:
    It sounds like a tendon imo. That stabbing pain.

I think your in need for a massage, your joints/tendons need to be loosened up and putting additional stress on them is only going to make things more painful. Perhaps even a light swim?

At the gym make sure you add a few more warm up sets in, and avoid exercises like have you pressing or pulling behind the neck.

OK noted, but why do i feel like i aint guna be able to train properly for another 10 days?

Damn bastard, looks like im going to have to put up with it until it heals.
    Or take a few days off. Nothing wrong with that.
    If you keep putting pressure on it it will take longer to heal, so its best to completely rest it than setting yourself back a bit every time you use it.
    All sorted now !! I have been using Ibuprofen Gel and Tabs, both have worked a treat, didn't take very long to heal up, don't know why i didn't think of that before
    They may be "masking" the problem, but the problem may not be fixed, so to speak.
    The first I would do is rather than taking advice from people on an a web forum - get yourself to the docs, get referred to a decent sports physio and get it looked at.. the last thing you want is a recurring shoulder injury.

Believe me, I know people who have not sorted them properly and ended up doing bad long term damage which has really fucked their training up.. get down there mate.
    Smitherz, how good is ibuprofen gel?
    It's good shit HIT!

I been using it on my groin, I think I tore something doing ATG squats :(

Gotta get to the docs...uhm...soon lol