Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

weed newbie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
a couple months ago i started smoking weed a bit more often than just random 1 off drunk nights (i still don't actually buy it... just when im with ppl that are smoking).

anyway, this might sound really dumb but the only effects i'm getting are feeling slightly light headed and a bit of drowsiness, also feeling more light headed when walking around... It's not bad, but definately not a good enough to see what the fuss is about and all the moaning about it needing to be legal...

this leads me to believe i'm doing something wrong ;d i double inhale etc ...

maybe it just doesn't have the effect on some ppl?

Comments

• Options
    Try a joint to yourself and relax and don't think about the effects when your smoking it.

Just chill.

Sometimes it also takes people a few times to get properly stoned and realise what it's all about.
  • Options
    Yeah if there's about seven of you smoking one joint in muddy field out in the cold hiding from people then you won't feel much more than a light head.
    Like Shogun said, try smoking a whole joint to yourself and being in a relaxed atmosphere like sitting down somewhere comfy and safe with a relaxed state of mind or if you do have other people with you make sure it's only a few and you've got a fair bit of weed to blaze between you. Don't think about getting stoned just smoke, relax and if you are with a few people have a random conversation which may end in fits of laughter.
    You won't feel completely out of control but you will feel incredibly relaxed and as if everything is one step further away than normal...almost as if you're in you're own bubble of happiness. It can be quite a spiritual experience to some people.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    this might sound really dumb but the only effects i'm getting are feeling slightly light headed and a bit of drowsiness, also feeling more light headed when walking around..

Where's the twist? ;)
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Where's the twist? ;)

lol =p

Cheers for the advice shogun and pill'ed... 20 ppl in a muddy field isn't quite the case but I get what you both mean :) I think I'll buy some b4 i go back home at xmas, can just chill without any work etc on my mind then
  • Options
    Yep that's the way to do it!
    Blaze one up for me! :thumb:
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    a couple months ago i started smoking weed a bit more often than just random 1 off drunk nights (i still don't actually buy it... just when im with ppl that are smoking).

anyway, this might sound really dumb but the only effects i'm getting are feeling slightly light headed and a bit of drowsiness, also feeling more light headed when walking around... It's not bad, but definately not a good enough to see what the fuss is about and all the moaning about it needing to be legal...

this leads me to believe i'm doing something wrong ;d i double inhale etc ...

maybe it just doesn't have the effect on some ppl?

Remember too that smoking too much in one go - especially as a newbie - can make you feel quite ill. You want the happy balance ... ;)
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    lol =p

Cheers for the advice shogun and pill'ed... 20 ppl in a muddy field isn't quite the case but I get what you both mean :) I think I'll buy some b4 i go back home at xmas, can just chill without any work etc on my mind then

Waterfall or pipe it, preferably waterfall.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Waterfall or pipe it, preferably waterfall.
    :yes: :thumb:
  • Options
    Maybe you're getting some bung ganj. I haven't smoked for almost three years now, but when I did, every time I purchased my tasty shrubs they were better than decent. Every single time I smoked I had an experience. Granted a mass of 1/16th of an ounce lasted me almost a month. I am a person who tends to use the experience to see what different perceptions I notice so I'd usually only smoke on the weekends.

Different people react differently to these psychedelics as well, so that could be one part of this equation. Build on different amounts and see at what point you notice "Holy shit, is that a butterfly or a bear? Teehee *giggle giggle giggle*"
  • Options
    Build a 'spliff' for yourself mate, sit yourself infront a computer screen, and blaze...
  • Options
    Box wrote:
    Build a 'spliff' for yourself mate, sit yourself infront a computer screen, and blaze...

will do :D cheers

ps: Again showing my lack of knowledge, what's waterfalling?
  • Options
    muse- wrote:

I'm not really sure, but if you are inexperienced then doing anything other than a spliff really isnt wise, if you are invited to do a bucket/bong/whatever I'd decline. They are basically methods to get really stonned really quickly, which isnt wise if you are new to it.
  • Options
    :thumb: I probably wasn't gonna do it, just interested to see what is was. I'll probs just generally stick to spliffs anyway, i don't plan to become an everyday smoker type thing just every now and then.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    will do :D cheers

Burning a hole in the bottom of a plastic bottle, can range from anysize depending on how much smoke you want in the bottle, get a tinfoil gauze, put your hash/weed in the gauze, put water in the bottle covering the hole with your finger, put the gauze on top, burn the gauze and slowly let your finger off the water so the water coming out of the bottle sucks the smoke down, then volia, inhale.

;)
  • Options
    hehe thx :D

sound like you caught the blue peter episode where they explained that one
  • Options
    Ha, just too much experience smoking them.