Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I love ghds!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am so happy! The love of my life, my ghds broke a few weeks back, they were well past the guarentee as ive had them over 4 years. so i sent them back expecting to pay for the repair, but i put a note in saying how id seen something on watchdog about them blowing up, so they've sent me a brand new pair for freebies! I am so happy!:yippe:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i saw that on watchdog. ghds rock. the company isnt as bad as watchdog made out if they have replaced erm for free.
    free GHDs???

:eek: what happened to your GHDs??? Did they blow up?? Mine have broken and Ive managed to go a WHOLE YEAR without them! I was going to buy some more out of my christmas money, but hey, if they're handing them out for free.......
    Mine didn't blow up though.....I stood on them......twice.....OOPS!!!! If I send them back to them though will they fix them for me:chin: ????
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    :eek: what happened to your GHDs??? Did they blow up?? Mine have broken and Ive managed to go a WHOLE YEAR without them! I was going to buy some more out of my christmas money, but hey, if they're handing them out for free.......
    Mine didn't blow up though.....I stood on them......twice.....OOPS!!!! If I send them back to them though will they fix them for me:chin: ????
    I highly doubt it as you stood on them and it will be obvious that it wasn't a mechanical fault rather than stupidity.
    how much do ghds cost from a shop brand new? i may just have to ask for some for christmas.. but only if the price isnt too much! my straighteners are SOOO rubbish!!
    mine cost about £95, i got them from their online store. Mine didnt blow up, they just kinda stopped working. I dont think it helped that i kept dropping them and leaving them turned on for hours! I just put in my letter that id seen the program and it didnt give me much confidence in their product as mine has also broke!
    I paid £135 for my pink GHDs a couple of weeks ago. £10 of that was for charity though, so I'd say you're looking at around £100 for the latest model in black.
    http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=362&SectionID=374&FeaturedID=2184&FeaturedProduct=977&pID=1

£79

although i have seen them new on ebay for about £75, thats about as cheap as it's going to get though i'm afraid
    soraliah wrote:
    how much do ghds cost from a shop brand new? i may just have to ask for some for christmas.. but only if the price isnt too much! my straighteners are SOOO rubbish!!
    I think I paid £90 for them 5 yrs ago and £95 for another pair a year ago, so somewhere near £90-£100.
    whats so different about ghds? :confused:

my friends got a pair and shes raving about them
    At least they have a good return policy for the money. The GHD's must be similar to what I see arond here... CHI... 130 I think for a pair, thats a crazy company, 30 for a hair brush by them, 110 for a hair dryer. Whatever though, people still buy them.

I'm still good on my now year old conair ones, plus the store I bought them at will let you return them used for a new one, whenever, whyever. So its like the same, except they only cost 20.

I'm rambling, shhhh, don't read.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    ruby_soho wrote:
    http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=362&SectionID=374&FeaturedID=2184&FeaturedProduct=977&pID=1

£79

although i have seen them new on ebay for about £75, thats about as cheap as it's going to get though i'm afraid

Totally off topic but it is bugging me so I have to ask. Who are you? You are obviously a reg with a new name but I can't work it out. Please help meeeeeee :(