Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sad times...just needed to get it all out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know when you meet some one you like, get to know them and realise you really like them and you manage to make it work with them for not ages, but quite a good while? Well, i have been flying high for a few weeks now because it all came together. Girlfriend i had was actually just right, no childishness, no drama, a lot of fun, not long distance while she was here which is most of the time, just perfect. And i was so happy i was motivated through into getting a new job as an accountant in the new year, just needed to sort out my CV but its a job thats all ready and waiting for me according to the people at the firm. Just a formality, etc.

Well, Not so good now, My girlfriend who is studying hard has had meetings with her Tutors and found her work level has dropped too much and she is behind on coursework and she feels her revision for upcoming exams hasnt been enough for each module. So, she is cutting back, i mean on everything, nights out are now gone except for back home during the holidays and she broke up with me and told me not to wait for her if another girl comes along. Personally i couldnt care any less about another girl coming along, but waiting for her to finish seems stupid too eben though it is only till May.

I dont know really. I suppose im still going for this career, become an accountant, get chartered, make some real money for myself and my future and enjoy my holidays, it just wont be the same with out my girlfriend along side me. And, id like to think we are not broken up, just on a break, but thats stupid thinking. I cant put my social/love life on hold for her can I? She isnt planning to have a love life till she knows her education is fully sorted, but by then it might and probably will be too late for us to be together, or will it?

I just feel tired and confused about it all and wasnt expecting it at all this morning when we were texting about what xmas presents we might buy each other. Then this evening we are talking and its all sad and tears and serious. Just suddenly a bad horrible day. I dont know if i should even be this upset, we werent a couple seriously for that long, just a couple of months, just feels bad.

Anyway, sob story over now. Thanks in advance for anyone who offers some advice.

Comments

• Options
    You sound like a sensible sort, and it's completely understandable that you're feeling down right now. Please don't give up on your career, at the end of the day girlfriends come and go but if being an accountant is what you want, you may not get another chance. This girl sounds like she's got her head screwed on, tbh. I'm doing my A levels and recently broke up with my ex because I didn't feel i could be a decent girlfriend to him whilst my mind was constantly thinking about work and constantly working, therefore me never seeing him. At least you have the comfort that she's not planning to have a love life until her education is finished, so you know it's not you that's making her break up with you, just a matter of priority. Unfortunately, her priority is her work right now, and that sounds like it's probably the best thing.

As for it being too late for you to be together, I'm not sure it will be. People take a long time to get over their gf/bfs, that's why a lot of relationships get back together. You've been more in deep with this one person than anyone else, it's intense. That's not going to go away overnight. Keep talking to her, just as a friend, so you don't disappear off the scene just because you two aren't together.
    Hope I helped.
  • Options
    Thanks AmsyBamsy!
  • Options
    im in a long distance relationship because of uni but instead of breaking up with my boyfriend like everyone told me i should ive stuck with him because although i cant see him much id rather see him as little as i do than speand the rest of my life without him, waiting for someone isnt stupid as long as they know about it, if you really love her and dont want to leave her dont, you can speand your whole lives together onces shes done studying, just talk to her make sure she feels the same before you make any decisions. It wont be long till shes finished and then you can have the sort of relationship you want with her.
  • Options
    She failed her driving test, got rejected from her first choice University that she deeply wanted to go to and now im not even sure whether i should try to call her to talk to her, because just before she found out she got a rejection letter, we had an argument about splitting up/taking a break. I want to be there for her, but i dont want a huge argument or make things worse by trying to make out im there for her after she got rejected from her favourite University. But i dont want to just do nothing or leave her alone to be miserable about it either.

Now its just worse then before.