Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do you sell motorbikes the hassle free way?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

I've got two motorbikes at home, not worried about getting top dollar on them but tax is running out (mot has run out on both) and just want to get some cash for them. Where do you reckon I should put them? eBay? I'm just worried about people messing me around, not too confident with online auctions. There's always autotrader or something. Can you take them to dealers and ask them to take them off your hands? Maybe I could p/x both of them, because I'm looking to get another one.

One of my bikes had a crash and was damaged, it was professionally repaired but still it has that lurking over it.

The other is ok except some problem with the ignition and so the engine doesn't run nicely. Might just be the spark plugs. I just don't have the time or the will to fix it. (being at university).

Will probably get one that works 100% out of the box and nothing ever goes wrong, haha. Thinking at a dealership in leicester they have a vfr400, but possibly a bit uncomfortable commuting on that.

So, where to sell my bikes?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Think I'm gonna eBay them come christmas... another forum said that would be the best way. What d'ya reckon?
    Do you know of anyone (IRL who is likely to want a motorbike? And have you tried putting them in Autotrader?
    My brother wanted it, but he backed out.

Thing is, I'm never at home, so I just need to get rid of them, I'll be home for all of two weeks at christmas, one of them will be christmas week and the other I'll be doing my motorbike intensive test.

So really the easiest and quickest way to get rid of them would be great :)
    eBay. Good advert, lots of photographs. Give an honest description and you'll do fine. :)
    even with a non-runner?
    Yeah. Just be honest about it, and offer to let people come and inspect before bidding. No problem :).
    Well, got a sale for the cg (mum! haha :p) so the gs looks like it's going for xmas :). Will miss it, but there you go. I paid £400 and did £300 of repairs and stuff on it, I reckon I might be able to get £350 in non-running order for it (maybe). But not too fussed...

...if only I had enough for a fazer :(