Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ear piercing (cartilige) healing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i had the top part of my ear peirced in 2004. i took the earing out in jan 2005. i have a great imune system but this hasn't healed like it should have. recently its started releasing the odd bit of pus. should i go get some anti-biotics? or is that fairly regular.

Comments

• Options
    It's pretty normal. Keep it clean using salt water, an antiseptic like savlon or contact lense solution. If it's leaking green or foul smelling pus in fairly large quantities I'd advise you get it seen to otherwise yeah, just keep it clean :)
  • Options
    the people who do the piercing chat shit

i was told not to take mine out for more than 6 days at a time, or the cartilige will heal itself and close over

i took mine out for 2 years and its still got a hole in it haha

as has already been suggested, just keep it clean and you should be fine x
  • Options
    Yep, sounds normal - I'd worry if what it was excreting was a greeny yellow colour. But if it's clear, or yellowy, then that's normal.

Clean it with saline - either a mug of boiled water with a quarter of a teaspoon of sea salt in it or straight from the bottle of saline solution (salt water).

Don't use Savlon or any other creams as they harbour bacteria and can cause infection.