Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Swallowing weed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've read the effects are more intense than smoking, is this true?

Also, how much would be a good dose to eat? A joints worth or more?

Comments

• smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    If you can get hold of some decent squidgy black, crumble a joints worth on a spoon, add cooking oil, hold over a flame until the oil changes colour and then add to yoghurt. It works much faster than just plain eating eat. I think i smoked a joint just before i ate it, then 20-30 mins later it felt like i smoked 20 joints

I tried it at a mates house about 6 months ago, and i dont think i have ever been so wrecked.

So yeah its worth a try
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Aspire wrote:
    I've read the effects are more intense than smoking, is this true?

Yes, and longer lasting. The problem is that it's not easy to get the right dose, and very easy to do too much.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm, well I've got roughly a joints worth left over of kush but no fags or rizla (surprise surprise). I was thinking of just grinding it up into a powder and then bombing it using something?

Smitherz, sounds like a good plan but I don't want to go burning spoons in front of my mum.. she'd assume something completely different.
    Aspire wrote:
    Smitherz, sounds like a good plan but I don't want to go burning spoons in front of my mum.. she'd assume something completely different.

Haha fair enough, but if you get the chance when your mother is out, its well worth it. If you bomb it, depending on what you have eaten it can take up to 3 hours max.
    Quality, I haven't had much to eat.. so better start grinding :D
    Aspire wrote:
    Quality, I haven't had much to eat.. so better start grinding :D

prepare to feel stoned !! When i eat it, i often find it hard to concentrate on the TV duno why :chin:
    Should liven up an otherwise boring monday night anyway. Looking forward to this now!
    Some people I know were on a coach going to Wales or somewhere and they had a half ounce of Hash which they were snidely smoking by putting their jumpers over their heads and leaving all the windows at the back wide open, but anyway the coach was stopped by the Police for a random stop and search of three passengers who would be picked at random, the girl I know who had the Hash (she had a quater left) panicked and thought it was going to be her or they were all going to be searched along with the coach so she ate the whole quater right there.
    She says she's never felt so fucked in her life.
    You'll leave yourself totally cabbaged if you take too much. Takes a long time to come on as well.
    Its actually a slightly different drug if you eat it, it gets changed in the liver I believe into something slightly different which is longer lasting and more hallucinogenic.
    Spot on Bong.

Marijuana, when ingested orally is a different drug.

This is becuase the liver changes THC particles differently than when it does when you smoke it.

It basically ends up with you feeling ALOT more stoned.
    Its good, you'll be almost close to a very low does of LSD. Its more hallucinogenic, more giggly.

BUT, with that come sides effects, as everything does!

You'll be stoned for a very very long time. Expect to be out of it for up to 16 hours.
    You'll get a comedown like you do with class A drugs

Overall, its a laugh, but you need to have at least 2 clear days i find. The day after, you are a complete mess
    Oh, and as far as dosage goes, go easy.

Remember, you can always add, you can never take away.

So dont, what ever you do swallow an eighth or whatever. I found a 16th or even a gram would have me fucked for about 10 - 12 hours.
    jayjay620 wrote:
    You'll get a comedown like you do with class A drugs

Overall, its a laugh, but you need to have at least 2 clear days i find. The day after, you are a complete mess

Errr, i have never felt any effects the next day, If anything i sleep better and wake up fresher
    I never had any after effects either, slept really well and woke up feeling fine.. although I did about a joints worth as above, so it wasn't an excessive amount.

Felt pretty fucked last night, the only reason I made the effort to move was to get food and was very giggly, also had some very small hallucinations. Will be doing it again sometime, thanks to everyone for the advice.
    Aspire wrote:
    I never had any after effects either, slept really well and woke up feeling fine.. although I did about a joints worth as above, so it wasn't an excessive amount.

Felt pretty fucked last night, the only reason I made the effort to move was to get food and was very giggly, also had some very small hallucinations. Will be doing it again sometime, thanks to everyone for the advice.

Honestly tho mate, use the old cooking oil technique and all you will need is a joints worth. One big difference you can get is the difference between good quality hash and bog standard soap bar, it makes a massive difference when eating.

I advise getting hold of the old squidgy stuff
    Yeah I'm planning on giving the oil technique a blast before xmas so you might see another topic from me asking questions (even though by your description it seems perfectly straight forward). Not going to do it by myself next time though as I was really giggly but had no one around to have a laugh with :/

Either way, better start stocking up on the yoghurts :thumb:
    There really isnt any reason to disolve the hash in oil unless you are actually cooking with it, it doesnt in anyway change the chemistry of it. It might absorb slightly faster, but there really is no difference between disolving it in oil or just chewing on the lump of hash.
    smitherz wrote:
    Errr, i have never felt any effects the next day, If anything i sleep better and wake up fresher

Maybe i phrased it wrong.

Im not sure, if you felt totally fine the next day, then you cant have eaten alot, or the dope you were eating cannot have been very strong.

Ive eaten it alot of times, and im spaced the day after...
    Haven't ate it in ages now but have done it a brave few times, it's a totally different high and lasts alot longer.

I ate enough for about 6 or 7 joints of hash before going to a sitting down thin lizzy trubite band, couldn't move from the seat and was one of the best concerts i'd ever been at, the lights and music was amplified so much i could have swore i was on a different drug rather than hash.