Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dear God Help Meh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my computer is apprently riddled with all manner of manky spyware. and ive spent all frigging day trying to download something to get rid of it. but everything i seem to get scans your computer for free, then demands a payment/subscription to actually delete the buggers. which frankly aint happening.

please recommend me a free and good program i can download that will protect my computer and delete my nasty spyware/trojans. i already have norton, if that helps at all.

THANKY YOU MUCHLY!

Comments

• Options
    Link

...but if if its got loads of crap on it, its always best to save the data and then re-build the machine from scratch.

Any more questions ? :)
  • Options
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

:)

Spyware Doctor

Ad Aware too!
  • Options
    Yep, everyone uses Adaware I think.
  • Options
    ewido is the best.

now called avg.

Not biased, just the truth. :)

http://www.ewido.net/en/

Free for 30 days, then you lose some functionality (basically stops monitoring, but you can still run system scans)
  • Options
    If it's so loaded properly malicious spyware then it's usually more efficient to back-up all your personal files onto thumbdrive/cd/hdd and wipe the system using a recovery disk/windows disk. It's also a nice feeling to have a zippy fast system again :-)

But yeah, you could also try adaware, hijackthis and any of the other things that were suggested up there ^.