Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alcohol and the urge to go

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a bit weird I think, but since a long while back (3 years maybe) most of time I drink alcohol I get the urge to pee. Now, I know it's normal and everyone gets it, but I'm talking like only after the first two or three sips of wine - it's as little as that, and I feel I need to go right away. Since I think it's stupid that my body would need to urinate so fast and from so little alcohol (I take very small sips, mind you) when I get the urge to go I ignore it. When i first started to get it I went but little or no drops came out, so it was useless anyway. I've also chosen to ignore it because it's honestly annoying to have to go when you've only just sat down to have a drink... Eventually it does go away for a while, but not entirely (I still have to go say about half an hour later, and I pee a very little amount).

As you can see, it's nothing that terrible, but I've had it so long it's become kind of annoying and it makes me wonder why it just won't go away. Nobody I've asked has been able to give me a helpful answer... I've thought I may have a urinal infection but aren't the symptoms supposed to be there the whole time and not only when I drink some kind of substances and not others? Also, it's never been that big a deal to go to the doctors because of it, it seems I'd be troubling him/her with something so minor. But the truth is I wouldn't mind if it went away tbh...

Anybody has any idea why i have this and if it's normal or not, and what advice so it can stop? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Its probably pyschological. The same thing happens to me alot of the time.

However, alcohol just goes straight through me. I'm almost on the toilet straight away.

If its something you are really worried about, you should just go to the doctors. No matter no big or how small you may see this issue, your doctor is there to help.
  • Options
    It's because alcohol has a diuretic effect which draws water from all over the body, and makes you want to piss more.
  • Options
    Its probably pyschological. The same thing happens to me alot of the time.

However, alcohol just goes straight through me. I'm almost on the toilet straight away.
    really? it happens to you too? yeah, I think it's probably psychological as well, which is why I've tried ignoring it, and it has helped but only to some extent. I guess I too am like that though, that alcohol goes straight through me... I still find it strange though becuase if i go straight when I get the urge I barely pee anyway.. you'd think urine is supposed to accumulate before tha bladder needs to release it, wouldn't you? :chin:

Well, it's probably nothing, and as you say maybe I'm not the only one... Thanks Stace :)
  • Options
    Gotta hate that when you're out drinking and you just keep needing to pee.. you're inevitably in a manky club with horrible toilets and some dodgy bloke lurking outside... argh!
  • Options
    Yeah, it happens to a lot of people. Beer gets me the worse. Once you "break the seal", the urge increases.
  • Options
    I generally start needing to pee between my 1st and 2nd pint, and once i go , i'm up and down all night :(

I think the thing about the seal is right though :)
  • Options
    Once you break the seal you're fucked!
  • Options
    Once you pop you just can't stop.

Anyway as you say you feel the need to pee, but then nothing really comes out, i would assume it to be psychological. Only advice I could give would be to try to ignore the feeling and only go once you feel incredibly desperate.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Once you break the seal you're fucked!
    Damn true!
  • Options
    It might be psychological....

someone i know (no names ;)) used to have to go toilet everytime she got in a car. Even if it was like, 2 minutes after she went.
  • Options
    Once I go for a piss I just can't stop. I definitely think with me though it's party psychological, but it also goes straight through me.