Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Leeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Little being said about Leeds on these boards recently. From my point of view the less said the better but I thought they'd be a few looking to stick the knife in lol.

Well...Dennis Wise??
Obviously as a Leeds fan I'm not Wise's biggest fan and I doubt few at Leeds are but I think he could be good for us. He was the kind of scumbag who if he's on your team he is a legend but if hes against you he is hated (bit like Keane). He's not had that much managerial experience but he's done well in his short time in management.
He's the kind of manager that most players will look up to and I reckon he has the passion and desire to succeed in anything he does and hopefully that will rub off onto the players and drag us out of this sorry mess we are in.

Views on Wise anyone??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just to add, I reckon he'll be able to twist Ken Bate's arm for funds better than anyone so that could be good.
    hahah. i cant belive any team could possibly loose 5-1 to Luton Town.

something is seriously going wrong at this club.. and i like it, more of the same please
    interesting to hear dennis wise is managing now. i'd expect good things from him based on his amazing career as premiership player. a truly gifted footballer.
    My worry is that Wise will actually be a good manager.

Hopefully we'll pass each other and you can have the derby with the TBs, but realistically I can't wait for you to join us in the murky depths of Division Three.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wise is a scum cunt, no doubt.

I'm prepared to give him a shot at managing, hes got a lotta work to do.
    Kermit wrote:
    but realistically I can't wait for you to join us in the murky depths of Division Three.
    Its certainly a worry at this point.

Don't know whats gone wrong really, we weren't exactly great last year football wise but did enough to nearly get promotion and now with basically the same team we are no hope losers who are getting pumped week in and out. I'm hoping Wise can get the believe back into the team, he certainly has got a massive task on his hands.
    i think leeds massively overachieved last season, and since about April last season they have been showing there true colours.

with their squad they are a struggling championshop side no doubt, future looks grim
    As a Leeds fan, I think Wise is the key we need to get back on form. We ARE a great club and we always have been but there is such a negative cloud over us at the moment that it's being reflected in our players performances. We just need some enthusiasm and courage and I think Wise is the man to deliver that.
    C'MON LEEDS
    Apart from a spell in the mid-70s Leeds have always been a second-rate club with an unfathomably high fan base. And if genuine big clubs like Forest and Man City can drop to this level, so can Leeds. And now even the fans have gone away, less than 20,000, unlike at Man City.

Looking forward to the derbies next year :D
    olaola wrote:
    i think leeds massively overachieved last season, and since about April last season they have been showing there true colours.

with their squad they are a struggling championshop side no doubt, future looks grim
    I dis-agree, I think we have a decent squad for this level of football, bit thin on the ground when injuries/suspension kicks in but they have the players there to do well in this division.
    Look right through the team and there is quality for this level.
    Agreed,
    Look at Bakke, Healy, Kelly, Horsfield e.t.c...
    We got the talent, just needs to shine through.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Agreed,
    Look at Bakke, Healy, Kelly, Horsfield e.t.c...
    We got the talent, just needs to shine through.
    Bakke's gone so i presume u mean Blake?
    Shit, my bad :blush: not quite with it at the moment,
    yeah I did
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Shit, my bad :blush: not quite with it at the moment,
    yeah I did
    Added to that a future england international in Killgallon, an american internation in Lewis, an irish international in Douglas, a good young Frazor richardson, A midfield workhorse gypo in Derry, Cresswell when fit.
    The teams definately there to get success, just about getting someone in to make them believe it and getting back to winning ways, hopefully wise is the man.
    ooops double post
    pill 'ed wrote:
    We ARE a great club and we always have been
    C'MON LEEDS

lies!

I dis-agree, I think we have a decent squad for this level of football, bit thin on the ground when injuries/suspension kicks in but they have the players there to do well in this division.
    Look right through the team and there is quality for this level.

i havent seen much of leeds this season, but there was little talent in the squad last year, to be honest i dont know how you managed to finish so high. Hulse was a decent player but hes at shiffield united now. Looking at your squad list (as i have said i havent seen leeds play this season) i can see quality in David Healy, Kevin Nicholls (albeit a scummer), Richard Cresswell and Matthew Kilgallon, but i guess there just not performing as a team, what is going wrong if there is such quality in your squad?
    I must admit I did think our poor performance was do to inept tactics from Blackwell. Sadly Carver didn't do the business either. The players need a kick up the arse and be encouraged to play a more positive formation.
    Robbie Blake's a fat shortarse waste of space. He's only ever had one decent season, in the season we got promoted to the Premiership.
    4-0 thrashing to Stoke :D
    Robbie Blake aint that bad of a player, did great for us at burnley, was a shame to see him go. wouldnt want him back now tho. i heard leeds were trying to offload him, dont know if that will happen with change of manager now, but who knows.

and leeds signing Ian Moore from us for £50k like a month before he was gonna leave on a free still makes me laugh, he's useless. worst purchase ive ever seen. haha

i really hope leeds go down.

think i dislike them the most after bastards.

ETA: with the players they have there they shouldnt be going down, middle of the table at worst...
    koe_182 wrote:
    Robbie Blake aint that bad of a player, did great for us at burnley

I still think we got the better deal by getting a million smacker out of you for him.
    JsT wrote:
    Wise is a scum cunt, no doubt.

I'm prepared to give him a shot at managing, hes got a lotta work to do.

Okay I am like the biggest Dennis Wise fan ever, so this may be a little biased.... Yes dennis Wise has done some bad bad things in the past but I do believe he is a truly gifted footballer and manager. He took Millwall to the FA Cup Final in 2004, heck, he even got them into Europe! While at Swindown he was doing a terrific job! He's going to be 40 next month and while he was at Coventry a few months ago he was scoring for fun! He is amazing and I think he's gonna get Leeds out of the shit, it'll just take some time...leeds have got a lot of problems
    It was hardly an achievement to get Millwall to the FA Cup Final, they made history by being the first team to reach the FA Cup Final without having to beat a single top-flight side.
    ha

all i can say
    Up to our usual standard tonight by all accounts.
    koe_182 wrote:
    ha

all i can say
    Well done, you sneaked a 2-1 victory over a 10-man Leeds United :thumb: Great achievement :p:lol:
    One team I despise beat a team I despise more.

Great result :lol:
    Well done, you sneaked a 2-1 victory over a 10-man Leeds United :thumb: Great achievement :p:lol:

dude...were you there? im not just saying all this because it was leeds, but you were terrible, i mean possibly the worst team ive seen so far this season, you just had nothing, robbie blake did bugger all, ian moore was exactly the same as when he played for us (headless chicken). god knows why you didnt start with healy, he's top class.

we were on top for about 84mins, then your lot scored a belter..

not exactly what i call sneaking a win.

i was surprised by how many fans you brought as well, you usually nearly full the cricket field end, even on a tuesday night, but it was hardly half full last night.
    :no: :grump:
    koe_182 wrote:
    dude...were you there? im not just saying all this because it was leeds, but you were terrible, i mean possibly the worst team ive seen so far this season, you just had nothing, robbie blake did bugger all, ian moore was exactly the same as when he played for us (headless chicken). god knows why you didnt start with healy, he's top class.
    Thats what a lack of confidence does for you, we will never look pretty until we clear away from the relegation zone (thats if we ever do).

Listening to the reports on sky sports news while it was being played and aparrently we defended brilliantly and until we went down to 10 men you couldn't break us down. So just shows how good Burnley are really if we are that shite you couldn't break us down when it was 11 v 11.

Healy - Just like every manager whos had him at Leeds and probably why he isn't in the Premiership because he obviously doesn't do it week in and out.