Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bikini fear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I actually think a one piece is sexier.

Maybe not black though

But if you aint comfy in a Bikini then don't wear one. Is it the top or bottom you're more afraid to show off?

I also think the old fashioned suits are kinda cute these days, you'd certainly stand out

Model%20in%20ruffle%20bottomed%20bathing%20suit_Richard-Avedon.jpg
  • Options
    That's nice! And would cover my bum too. Never seen any of those in the shops though!
  • Options
    Oh, I say throw caution to the wind and go for it. I don't have the perfect body by any stretch of the imagination, but I still march around the pool/beach/wherever in a tiny little bikini when on hols. You just need to own it and then everyone will think you're so fabulous and confident that no one will notice the bits of flab or imperfections that seem so unmissable to you. Believe me, we're so hard on ourselves about our bodies that we magnify everything to be a gruesome hideous mess that should be hidden from view for the sake of decency, it's never as bad as you think.

If you do decide to go for it then I can only advise to go the whole hog. There's nothing more depressing than seeing a woman scuttle from sunbed to poolside shrouded in a mahoosive towel - which she practically takes in for a swim with her - because she's so afraid of being seen. Also, take solace in the fact that bikini-wearing on holiday is the best place to do it. You'll be getting bronzed, in a great mood 'cause you're not at work, AND even if you do feel a little daft and self-conscious you're highly unlikely to see any of the locals or your fellow holiday-goers again (unless you want to - eg. hunky holiday paramour :D)

However, all said, you'll probably go on hols... wear your bikini and still cringe and feel awful when you get your photos back afterwards. I honestly think it's only 20 years down the line when you look back that you wish you'd been walking about butt nekkid because you can only dream about that figure you once had :p This is what my dear mother says everytime the photo albums come out, and bemoans having felt so awful about her (perfectly lovely) figure and missed so many opportunities to flaunt it because of that.
  • Options
  • Options
    where can you get an old style polka dot swimsuit like in that picture?! its amazing!!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    where can you get an old style polka dot swimsuit like in that picture?! its amazing!!

I aint got a clue but I typed in the word "bathing suit" to bring that up in Google .. it's well cute aint it :thumb:

It looks a bit like a babydoll lingerie, I'd go for a girl wearing one of those then a bikini any day.
  • Options
    or you could go for something like this:

fabucci-halter-all-in-one-bathing-suit-or-mini-dress.jpg

uniquelymeboutique_1924_43775359

uniquelymeboutique_1924_83913950

http://www.alwaysforme.com

See all those years of watching Baywatch are finally paying off .. :thumb:
  • Options
    Wear a bikini with a sarong over it for the first couple of days if you're a bit self conscious about your bottom half and then when you get more used to being in a bikini lose the sarong!
  • Options
    or you could go for something like this:

fabucci-halter-all-in-one-bathing-suit-or-mini-dress.jpg

uniquelymeboutique_1924_43775359

uniquelymeboutique_1924_83913950

http://www.alwaysforme.com

See all those years of watching Baywatch are finally paying off .. :thumb:

WOAH. Those last two are hideous and the first would be very unflattering to anything less than a model physique as it cuts right in on the much-loathed thigh/saddle bag area :no:

I think if you've got good tits and you're not horribly self-conscious about your belly then a bikini is better than a one piece anyway. They generally smoosh your breasts so any hourglassy, curvaceous figure you've been going for goes pear-shaped (literally). They also have a greater tendency to ride up your arse which is never a good look.
  • Options
    I think bikinis are almost always more flattering than one pieces. I've seen girls looking gorgeous and curvy in a bikini, but put the same girl in a cossie and she loses the rack, has her legs cut off at the worst point, and resembles a sausage more than a fox. I'll make an exception for a well cut, underwired one piece, but other than that they all need burning.

If you are self conscious about your body, a compromise is the tankini:

pualani-tankini_body.jpg

torrid-tankini.gif

And the good thing about them is that you can always start to yoink the bottom of the vest up as you get more confident about showing off your belly :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    WOAH. Those last two are hideous and the first would be very unflattering to anything less than a model physique

I agree about the first and the last, but I think the middle one is quite nice.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

:yes: Or it can be.

Same with thongs. I've never found them anywhere near as attractive as french knickers.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Maybe not black though

But if you aint comfy in a Bikini then don't wear one. Is it the top or bottom you're more afraid to show off?

I also think the old fashioned suits are kinda cute these days, you'd certainly stand out

Model%20in%20ruffle%20bottomed%20bathing%20suit_Richard-Avedon.jpg

You've got great taste!!! :)
  • Options
    wildchild wrote:
    I agree about the first and the last, but I think the middle one is quite nice.

I like the middle one as well, especially if you consider the side of the model, I think that would look more flattering on her then a Bikini or standard one piece.