Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

tea/dinner tonight

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just having a couple of slices of cheese on toast, had a roast for lunch so not too hungry
    nachos with spicy bean salsa and cheese. yum yum
    About to make a rather delicious cheesey pasta done my stylee, maybe with a small bowl of chips. Been looking forward to having it all day.
    Chicken nuggets and chips baby. Oh yes.
    I've got a veggie pie in the oven at the moment :yum:
    Steak and chips with peppercorn sauce :yum: my favourite!!
    i had polenta topped with creamy leeks and mushrooms and parmasan, and salad. was going to make a quiche but too lazy :grump:
    Pepperoni pizza
    salad. cheese and cold beef. The though of lamp chops made me feel sick, and I stuffed myself at lunchtime so didn't want much to eat.
    Mince with onions, mushrooms and gravy, mash, yorkshire puddings, coliflour cheese, cabbage and green beans. Delish.
    A rather lovely home made pasta, one small bowl and i'm stuffed :yum:
    Did Leigh a nice beef and mushroom casserole. I had these new cutletty type things, butternut squash, cashew, peanut and almond which came with a roasted tomato sauce and they were nice. With parsnip and honey crisps and peas.
    I had a bacon, cheese and fried egg burger with chips, then profiteroles for dessert. Fat food, but it was OH so good considering I hadn't eaten since last nights dinner, and last nights dinner was followed by a large amount of alcohol :D
    I had a quickly made burger. My mum is a bit ill on account of me being ill and I infected her.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Did Leigh a nice beef and mushroom casserole. I had these new cutletty type things, butternut squash, cashew, peanut and almond which came with a roasted tomato sauce
    i had those before. They were on buy one get one free at sainsburies.
    They got the thumbs up all round :thumb:

Tonight I had pizza and chips with salad (honey and mustard dressing :yum: )
    I had KFC :yum:
    Chopped up some onion, garlic, sliced up some chicken breast and some bacon, all in the frying pan, lea and perrins to season. Along with baby new potatoes in butter with dill and a salad topped off with sliced cherry tomatoes. Ran out of vinegarette though, bugger.
    i had those before. They were on buy one get one free at sainsburies.
    They got the thumbs up all round :thumb:

What i liked about them, is that they're big enough for one, the sauce comes in two sachets :)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Did Leigh a nice beef and mushroom casserole. I had these new cutletty type things, butternut squash, cashew, peanut and almond which came with a roasted tomato sauce and they were nice. With parsnip and honey crisps and peas.
    I've had them I think, Goodlife ones? I thought they were tasty as well, that kind of thing must be really easy to make from scratch too. I need to get creative!
    I had a nice bowl of tuna pasta.
    Lamb stew and some chips
    Mmmm the cutlety things were goodlife, the parsnipy things were grassingtons. They come with a sour cream and chive dip. I got them for the party (parsnipy things) a few months ago and never got round to cooking them. I did a fab array of veggie canapes and nibbles and i was the only veggie so didn't end up cooking them. Glad i didn't coz i had them all for me :)
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Mmmm the cutlety things were goodlife, the parsnipy things were grassingtons.QUOTE]

What are the cutlety things? Are they nut cutlets? I'm veggie but strangely I'm not too keen on nuts but I would be willing to try them if they tast alright?
    Tried a grassingtons product before - it was the sweet potato (and something) waffles and they had a reallllly odd backtaste to them.
    If I'm buying frozen veggie products I tend to buy veggie fingers, linda mcCartney sausage rolls or country pies, asda veggie kievs or veggie tarts, or marks & spencer stuff when I have the money! Not really keen on the quorn stuff unless it's the mince.
    They're like big burgers, you can taste the nuts, but not too nutty, if that makes sense. They come with a roasted tomato sauce which is soooooooooooo nice and herby. It's like BANG a tomato has exploded in your mouth :D

ETA Just read the packet, they're 12% nuts so not to nut cutlety :)
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Not really keen on the quorn stuff unless it's the mince.

No me neither. I find it really bland (they jsut coat the outside of the product and don't flavour the inside) and it's bloody expensive for what it is !
    I'm starving.

Got a thick crust meat feast pizza and onion bhajis in the oven as we speak :love:
    can i have a bhaji?
    RubberSkin wrote:
    can i have a bhaji?

You can have as many bhajis as you want but you aint touching my meat feast :D
    Cool :thumb:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I cooked chicken tikka and chorizo fried rice. :yum: Just a little something I invented.
    Weekender Offender