Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Good present ideas...

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
...what are yours so I can pinch 'em? :D
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    C.D's, Books, DVD's and Chocolates....
    That's about as imaginative as I get every year!
  • Options
    Depends on who I'm shopping for. The 'I want one of those' website always helps me out :yes:
  • Options
    is it possible you can ask them for ideas? never good receiving something you don't like/want/need/already have.
  • Options
    I'm quite lucky this year cause I can afford to get most people a "proper" present and something cheeky as well.

I usually get my Mam a big bunch of flowers and the latest Il Divo/G4/Ronan Keating/Will Young album. I'm so tempted to throw in the Deal or No Deal DVD too cause she hates that Edmonds bloke with a passion :chin:

I'll probably take a trip into a sex shop and buy smutty stuff for my mates (penis enlarger/rampant rabbit etc) just for a laugh. Don't buy shit like that for your family though, somebody at my old work bought their Dad willy wash last year and it was just so, so wrong :nervous:
  • Options
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I might buy this for my old man to chase the cat away. Smart as fuck.
    http://store.horizonfuelcell.com/handhyst.html
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've gotta get a £5 for my sisters boyfriend as part of a secret santa we're doing. Probably gonna get something like this or maybe this. Only something silly.. What dya reckon?
  • Options
    I bought all my presents of TV shopping channels like price drop TV. I'm quids in and dont look like a cheap skate.
  • Options
    me, my sister and brother are paying for my parents to go to rome for a long weekend in january for their 40th wedding anniversary. thats gona be quite pricey so i will only get my parents a little something extra.

for my sister i'll get her some make up by dior/versace/elizbeth arden etc. they do limited edition stuff every season. and then something else but i'm not quite sure yet.

my brother..fuck knows. he's in NYC anyway.
  • Options
    fuckin edit button isnt working.

was gona say me and my mates are going out for dinner rather than buying gifts for each other. but i will probably buy them all a thorntons choccy lolly in the shape of santa etc as well.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    me, my sister and brother are paying for my parents to go to rome for a long weekend in january for their 40th wedding anniversary. thats gona be quite pricey so i will only get my parents a little something extra.

for my sister i'll get her some make up by dior/versace/elizbeth arden etc. they do limited edition stuff every season. and then something else but i'm not quite sure yet.

my brother..fuck knows. he's in NYC anyway.
    Im sure cesare and nicola can find a cheap hotel out in Rome for you. ;)
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Im sure cesare and nicola can find a cheap hotel out in Rome for you. ;)
    :lol: shut up :razz:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    :lol: shut up :razz:
    I could rent out my dads house to you for a reasonable price. ;)
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I could rent out my dads house to you for a reasonable price. ;)
    you'd make me pay? :(
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    you'd make me pay? :(
    Its a room with a view. Theres even a little bald man next door that carries a shotgun, he claims to be family (never heard of him though). He's a nice man, just hates squaters hence why he carries a gun. lol

Im going to bump your chat thread.
  • Options
    i haven't lived with my dad since i was 8 so he doesn't really know what things i like. i couldn't think of anything i specifically wanted for christmas so i e-mailed him a few ideas. one of them was a pair of knickers/shorts from accessorise that i liked. he txt me saying 'do you not think you're a bit too old for your father to be buying you underwear. you need a young man to do things like that for you'. my friends couldn't believe i'd asked him for a pair of knickers either but i didn't see the problem...:p
  • Options
    i haven't lived with my dad since i was 8 so he doesn't really know what things i like. i couldn't think of anything i specifically wanted for christmas so i e-mailed him a few ideas. one of them was a pair of knickers/shorts from accessorise that i liked. he txt me saying 'do you not think you're a bit too old for your father to be buying you underwear. you need a young man to do things like that for you'. my friends couldn't believe i'd asked him for a pair of knickers either but i didn't see the problem...:p
    well i can. your 21, your dad dont want to be running around buying young ladies knickers.
  • Options
    i just found a cool website called http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/index.jsp

tis cool :) lotsa gadgets and things that would wbe great for most people!
    i especially want -

these for my sister -
    http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/toys-games/urban-figures/cubees/index.html

and this for my dad. he likes board games :D
    http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/toys-games/games-gambling/dread-pirate-game/index.html
  • Options
    I am buying my whole family a private wine tasting session at a local wine tasting place - all my presents sorted in one easy go. I'll get them all a few little bits as well.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    well i can. your 21, your dad dont want to be running around buying young ladies knickers.

why?

and he'd hardly have to run they're only in a shop.
  • Options
    Lol he'd probably feel quite embarrassed for obvious reasons if he was seen on his own in a shop looking for ladies underwear!
  • Options
    it's only pants!

i should think he's bought his wife some at some point. :(
  • Options
    my dad has given me underwear as a presnt before (thongs to be exact!) but i think my mum chose it (i hope)
  • Options
    why?

and he'd hardly have to run they're only in a shop.
    Were not being awkward again are we Lucy? ;)

You know what I meant by running around. :yeees:
  • Options
    lol yes you got me! :flirt:
  • Options
    Methinks she want you.
    :blush::blush::blush: :yes:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    ...what are yours so I can pinch 'em? :D

After far, far too much surfing on Play, Amazon and Firebox, my big bag of presents includes:

Mood Beams. Cute, if slightly odd looking creatures that glow in various colours, flash to music etc. About a tenner.

A 12 inch, speaking remote controlled dalek for the Dr Who fan in your life. £35.

And the coolest thing ever, a Picoo Z mini remote control helicopter you fly round your house. £30.

And next I'm thinking about the R/C Air Hog Illusion 2. I am clearly in a remote control mood.
  • Options
    This may be helpfull
    http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/seasonal-gift/gifts.asp

Looks good. :cool:
  • Options
    After far, far too much surfing on Play, Amazon and Firebox, my big bag of presents includes:

Mood Beams. Cute, if slightly odd looking creatures that glow in various colours, flash to music etc. About a tenner.

A 12 inch, speaking remote controlled dalek for the Dr Who fan in your life. £35.

And the coolest thing ever, a Picoo Z mini remote control helicopter you fly round your house. £30.

And next I'm thinking about the R/C Air Hog Illusion 2. I am clearly in a remote control mood.
    Mood Beams look so cute. I've ordered 3 off Play.com including a little cat one for my sister.

I wonder if they're suitable for a 1 year old (my nephew) Anyone know?
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Mood Beams look so cute. I've ordered 3 off Play.com including a little cat one for my sister.

I wonder if they're suitable for a 1 year old (my nephew) Anyone know?

Had a look and it says 'ages 4 and up' on the box.