Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Annoys You About Your Partner?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Obviously nobody is perfect and everybody has little things that really piss you off about people so my question is: What does your partner do that really annoys you?

For me it has to be the fact that he never apologises when he's in the wrong and turns it all around to be my fault and whenever anything techinical comes into question the reply is always "You won't understand so it's not worth explaining". Really gets me pissed off when i want to know something.

Oh and not forgetting he always gets what he wants on telly! :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Being tight with his phone credit! Tho he sends me myspace messages instead at work but still!
    :lol: That is tight! For me its the little contradictions she has, like she'll drool over justin timberlake on a music video then have a go at me if i do the same for girls aloud.
    icey wrote:
    :lol: That is tight! For me its the little contradictions she has, like she'll drool over justin timberlake on a music video then have a go at me if i do the same for girls aloud.

Haha I hate it when Girls Aloud come on telly, they are all so pretty and sexy, i can't help but make the odd comment, he's got to be checking them out :p
    His laid back attitude to everything.

And him leaving the toilet seat up. And using about 100 teaspoons and leaving them all in the sink for the fairys to wash.
    The man is very into computers. He is a network manager or something like that and he comes home and works on things and he knows I dont know a thing nor do I care to know a thing about any of that but he talks and talks and talks about it. He'll tell me about this new program he had to roll out at work and it has this one setting thats under this thats under this thats under this thats under that menu and he'll get into specifics. He'll talk in detail about what microsof is doing. He was getting certified in something or another not too long ago and he had this huge book on crap and he decided it would be cool if he read it too me... all I remember is forrests and domains...

We'll go out to dinner or to a weekend lunch and one of his friends will come along and they'll talk about the new video card that does this and they clocked it at this tempature and how he couldn't get this one mod chip into the xbox and at work they're getting this new program or how they accidently sent him double cd's or how microsoft won't have something available until early january and they wouldn't give him the licensing for something because everybody at his work didn't have their own pc, some were shared and he could apply the thing but he would have to go into this and download it and then do this and this and I just sit there and stare off blankly and die a little on the inside.

And really, its all he talks about. Love him to death, wish he was mute.
    The fact she doesnt exsist :(
    That reminded me about when we go out, i ALWAYS have to do the talking, i ALWAYS have to phone places up and book tables, never once in 2 years has he done that.
    Leaves the twisty thing off the loaf of bread
    Always leaves ashtrays on the floor and then stands in them/knocks them over (has an apoplectic fit if anyone else does the same thing, the hypocrite!)
    Worst of all, has been whistling The Dam Busters March incessantly for the last three days

That's about it :p
    When she leaves the toilet seat down too.

thats where IT BELONGS!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

men :yeees:
    kangoo wrote:
    thats where IT BELONGS!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

men :yeees:

Exactly, Matt, why does a toilet have a toilet seat if it is meant to be up all the time?
    briggi wrote:
    Leaves the twisty thing off the loaf of bread

Thats because it makes life so much easier!!! :D

In terms of mine... this is going to sound really cheesey and everyone is going to think yeah rubbish... but at the moment... nothing what so ever! :thumb:
    JamesZero wrote:

In terms of mine... this is going to sound really cheesey and everyone is going to think yeah rubbish... but at the moment... nothing what so ever! :thumb:

Early stages still? :p
    Leaving the bog seat up is revolting. All those germs magically jump from the bog onto your toothbrush when you flush. Eugh.

The cat annoys me. But he's just had his balls chopped off, so I'm happy :thumb:
    Kermit wrote:
    Leaving the bog seat up is revolting. All those germs magically jump from the bog onto your toothbrush when you flush. Eugh.

The cat annoys me. But he's just had his balls chopped off, so I'm happy :thumb:

I bet you watched that programme that showed something along those lines to do with toilet and tooth brushes didn't you?

I went and bought a new one after watching that :yuck:
    JamesZero wrote:

Where have I heard that before! Doesn't fly with me, and I then fly into furious rages when I encounter stale bread :p

I think it's quite disrespectful to leave the toilet seat up if you live with women. Men use the toilet both with seat up and seat down whereas women only use it in one position, so that should be the way the bog is by default imo :thumb:
    briggi wrote:
    Where have I heard that before! Doesn't fly with me, and I then fly into furious rages when I encounter stale bread :p

Nah, you just hold it at the top and spin it round... then make sure you shove it up against something so that it doesnt untangle! So much easier! :p
    squeal wrote:
    Early stages still? :p

ummm... :blush:
    Nah in all fairness... we know each other really really well, I dunno why just nothing has annoyed me so far.
    I piss standing up, the toilet is no use to me with the seat down when I need a piss!

So it needs to be left up.

Thats so trashy and tacky. Even if I peed with the toilet seat up I'd put it back down for common curtousy and plain decency. How would you feel being a guest in some ones house, going to the bathroom and realizing the toilet seat is up, thats just so discusting. I've been lucky enough to have the men in my family and life put the toilet seat, and the cover down all the time. Its unsanitary and an eyesore.
    squeal wrote:
    I bet you watched that programme that showed something along those lines to do with toilet and tooth brushes didn't you?

Oddly enough I didn't, but I think leaving the lid up is disgusting. I hate it when people leave the seat down but the lid up.

I always bin the little bread wrapper because they're crap. I buy a breadbin instead :p
    I do have a breadbin you cheeky git, and a very nice one it is too! But I still think you should seal the wrapper back up because things still go stale in the breadbin.

I could live with the twist and shove technique as JamesZero described, it is just leaving the packet wide open on the worksurface that I object to! :mad:

I have thought of another thing - growing ecosystems under the bed in old coffee cups. I thought he might've grown out of that by his age!
    briggi wrote:
    I could live with the twist and shove technique as JamesZero described, it is just leaving the packet wide open on the worksurface that I object to! :mad:

Yeah, that's a bit silly :p
    Toilet seat = down. I hate it when people come to my house and then leave the lid and/or seat up when they found it down. Ugh.

Nothing annoys me about my partner. Apart from the me being here, and not there, but that isn't his fault.
    Same as KHSS - his address. He lives 100 miles away during the week.

Other than that, it's the way he says "You'll be fine" very flippantly whenever I'm worried about anything. Also the way he tells white lies to his mates to impress them, then gives me that look that says "Keep your mouth shut!" - does the same thing to his parents!
    It's not quite 100 miles, more like 25 minutes on a train but it's still too far IMHO.
    Two hour drive for me :(
    Briggi get a klippit for your bread bag...minimal effort for the man (so he can't complain and has to do it) and extra fresh bread. Voila! Works in my house *is a slave driver over the breadbag klippit*

I hate touching the toilet seat! Its gross!! I hate it when people leave it up and I hate it when the lid is down. Just leave it normal!!!!

Hmm I think I may have issues...
    that he smokes, although he did that before i met him too so cant complain too much, especially since he mainly does it outside now, and since then it doesnt really annoy me nearly as much.
    Cant think of much else tbh.
    squeal wrote:

There was an episode of How Clean Is Your House, where a guy had a downstairs toilet right next to kitchen. I didn't know, but faecal (sp?) matter (poo) can float through the air. All his surfaces, pots, pans, cutlery, plates, food etc we're litterally covered in shit with enough bacteria to lay waste to Chelmsford :yuck:

As for Leigh, well there' isn't much wrong with him and he puts up with far more from me, but his indicisiveness drives me nuts, and makes me look like some bossy git because i make all the decisions.
    :shocking: :sour:

The bathroom here is just off the kitchen :sour:

Tbh though ive never seen any flying/floating faecal matter.
    they way he forgets things, not major things like birthdays or anniversaries, just stupid things like "pick up milk on your way" or "we`re having chicken for tea"
    RubberSkin wrote:
    There was an episode of How Clean Is Your House, where a guy had a downstairs toilet right next to kitchen. I didn't know, but faecal (sp?) matter (poo) can float through the air. All his surfaces, pots, pans, cutlery, plates, food etc we're litterally covered in shit with enough bacteria to lay waste to Chelmsford :yuck:

Don't know if this is true, but one of the guys at work was telling us about an episode of Mythbusters where they looked at fecal bacteria getting on your toothbrush, and they proved that as long as you don't have your toothbrush like a foot away from your lav it doesn't matter if the seat is up or down, or even where in the house your toothbrush is, it will still have the same amount of shit on it. Apparently there is fecal bacteria EVERYWHERE :thumb:

Anyhoo, it reet fucks me off the way if I ask Mr Kaff to do something (e.g. tidying up) he'll tit about for ages before doing it, then stop halfway through, whereas if he decides he wants me to do something similar and I don't do it IMMEDIATELY, he goes in a mood and tells me I'm lazy. Pfff.