Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

People that knock Cocaine...

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    Oi, no need to get personal.

I think there is, he's the one not only putting himself at risk but everyone else on the road and pavement. Anyone who drives while intoxicated is a blighter plain and simple.

ETA - OK, well this attitude isnt altogether helpful, but I've known altogether too many people injured or killed on the roads.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm not challenging the sentiment Buddah, but rules are rules. You are an intellegent guy, I'm sure you can think of a more eloquent way to put it than that...
    Better?
    It is fucking stupid though, I'm only learning to drive but even when I have passed my test I wouldn't ever drive while under the influence of anything, except maybe a little bit of weed but I don't even know about that.
    The only reason I say that is because I know a couple of people who seem to think that driving after a spliff or two improves their concentration, makes them slow down and pay attention to what is going on around them. They'd never drive after blazing a quater or something though or on any other drug.
    Whether a person uses a drug or not is their choice, it may well be bloody stupid to neck 20 pills, 15 pints and a few grams of speed on a weekend, but thats a choice and in large part you should be allowed to do so. The harm, if any is going to be almost entirely to yourself and there are plenty of other past times which are harmful or at least potentially harmful.

But when you drive while intoxicated its not just you you are risking, its the other people in your car and those around you. You'd think the 3000 people who die on the roads isnt quite enough to show how dangerous driving is even if you are totally sober.

As for cannabis and driving, yes, in tests it does seem to be safer than being drunk, but that's not really a recommendation is it.
    Interesting post this one...

Ive not read them all, cos its 8 pages long.

Pill'Ed, please dont think im patronising here, as ive read a few of your posts, and replied to them, and you seem fairly level headed.

BUT, you start your post saying how "14 year old kids" dont 'Get' cocaine, as in, they dont do enough, so slate it.

Its a very very dangerous drug. beleive me, ive seen the effects, and suffered myself.
    It is 100% one of the most addictive substances around, and it sounds to me, like you are on the slippery slope mate.

The fact it is now glorified in english culture is ridiculous. People seem to think they are cool for doing the stuff now.
    When i was on it a few years ago you were frowned upon. Now if you are on coke you are seen to be cool. Ive seen this drug muliply everywhere now. Like others say, you go into any boozer in the country and people are on it.

You have mentioned already mate, you do perhaps 2g a week. That is too much.
    You've also mentioned how you like a line before and after work.

You are already addicted pill'ed. You are no doubt laughing at me saying this, but its denial.
    Cocaine isnt a recreation drug like pills. Its a 100% full on, every day drug, that makes people think they can get away with being on it, but cannot live without it.

Slow down mate, you are only 18.

Im serious
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    budda wrote:
    Whether a person uses a drug or not is their choice, it may well be bloody stupid to neck 20 pills, 15 pints and a few grams of speed on a weekend, but thats a choice and in large part you should be allowed to do so. The harm, if any is going to be almost entirely to yourself and there are plenty of other past times which are harmful or at least potentially harmful.

But when you drive while intoxicated its not just you you are risking, its the other people in your car and those around you. You'd think the 3000 people who die on the roads isnt quite enough to show how dangerous driving is even if you are totally sober.

As for cannabis and driving, yes, in tests it does seem to be safer than being drunk, but that's not really a recommendation is it.

Years ago I would drive under the influence of anything, from alcohol to shrooms. I was pretty stupid though. :yes:
    I probably would still drive after a line of coke though.
    Weekender Offender 
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Interesting post this one...

Ive not read them all, cos its 8 pages long.

Pill'Ed, please dont think im patronising here, as ive read a few of your posts, and replied to them, and you seem fairly level headed.

BUT, you start your post saying how "14 year old kids" dont 'Get' cocaine, as in, they dont do enough, so slate it.

Its a very very dangerous drug. beleive me, ive seen the effects, and suffered myself.
    It is 100% one of the most addictive substances around, and it sounds to me, like you are on the slippery slope mate.

The fact it is now glorified in english culture is ridiculous. People seem to think they are cool for doing the stuff now.
    When i was on it a few years ago you were frowned upon. Now if you are on coke you are seen to be cool. Ive seen this drug muliply everywhere now. Like others say, you go into any boozer in the country and people are on it.

You have mentioned already mate, you do perhaps 2g a week. That is too much.
    You've also mentioned how you like a line before and after work.

You are already addicted pill'ed. You are no doubt laughing at me saying this, but its denial.
    Cocaine isnt a recreation drug like pills. Its a 100% full on, every day drug, that makes people think they can get away with being on it, but cannot live without it.

Slow down mate, you are only 18.

Im serious

I know I do have a problem, I don't think it's seriously out of control though, it was worse when I was stealing to feed the habbit.
    I am actually cutting down seriously on the amount of Cocaine I take and when I take it with help from friends.
    I had about a gram of coke last night, and it was SO shit. It just made me sneeze. :/

I'm officially off coke now.

I'm all about me pills. <3
    1983 wrote:
    I had about a gram of coke last night, and it was SO shit. It just made me sneeze. :/

I'm officially off coke now.

I'm all about me pills. <3

Yeah I do prefer Pills to Cocaine, but I love them both...

Yeah apparantly Cocaine is now routinely being cut with the banned painkiller Phenacetin because it has the same numbing effect as Cocaine but puts users at an extremely high risk of getting cancer. That put me off quite a bit, but not completely...
    See I just can't be dealing with pills that much anymore.

Lately I have had a few pleasant experiences with them in very different environments that I used too (at the comedy club for example)..

But for me it's the fact that the next day I have to go home see my family and be straight headed.

I am manic depressive enough as it is and pills seem to really fuck me up, plus I can't sleep on them, jib worse than anything else (although everything makes me gurn) and just generally fuck with me.. although I do always tend to be drunk as hell on pills.. so maybe thats what it is.

For me though coke just means a little bit of confidence, nice head on, sleep in the night, and fresh in the morning.. and dont spend all week trying to fight back the tears more than usual .. as long as its only like 1 gram.

My days of 15 pills, 100 shrooms, a gram of base and a litre of whiskey are behind me... lol!
    Yeah that's kinda what I've been trying to say...
    If you wanna go out and get mashed then do loads of pills, if you just want a nice feeling and a confidence boost for when you go out drinking then do some Coke.
    word :thumb:

pills definately rule better for sex. lol.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Yeah I do prefer Pills to Cocaine, but I love them both...

Yeah apparantly Cocaine is now routinely being cut with the banned painkiller Phenacetin because it has the same numbing effect as Cocaine but puts users at an extremely high risk of getting cancer. That put me off quite a bit, but not completely...

Just wondering if you have any sources for that info, as it isn't something I have come across before?
    LadyJade wrote:
    Just wondering if you have any sources for that info, as it isn't something I have come across before?

It was on the front of the Metro a few days ago, so I was somewhat sceptical, though apparently the news came from SOCA. It does seem a very odd thing to use, surely novacain would be easier?

ETA - I put one to many C's in the name.
    i have heard that just recently ^^
    budda wrote:
    It was on the front of the Metro a few days ago, so I was somewhat sceptical, though apparently the news came from SOCCA. It does seem a very odd thing to use, surely novacain would be easier?

:yes: Yeah that's where I read it.