Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why does he do this?

For the last few months (ever since I cam back from Fulham) a friend of mine has been really weird with me - it seems like most of the time, he'll talk to me but doesn't want to and only does it because it's what I want.

For the last week or so, we've been constantly arguing because he's decided that he won't do/give me what I want, but I have to do what he wants. He seems to ignore me alot and also seems very moody. (I admit I'm moody, but when he acts the way he does with me, what does he expect?)

He keeps on telling me that I'm very demanding - which is rubbish. If he didn't ignore me all the time (he did tell me this morning that he can't be sat in front of his computer all the time, which I know) then I wouldn't be like that.

He ended up having a right go at me on Friday (via email) because I'd emailed him around 12.30pm and according to him I'm meant to be at school.:rolleyes: I told him that I have Friday afternoon off and he replied with some crap but totally missed the point of the email.

Earlier, we were talking and he seems to think it's alright for him to wind me up, annoy me etc, but if I do that to him, he basically gives me sh!t, has a right go at me and tells me off.

He seems to blackmail me alot to get his own way with me - which never works. It seems that it's alright for him to do that to me, but if I do it, I get told off.

Why does he do this? And what do I do?

I mentioned this to a friend of mine on Friday, who seems to think that we have some sort of problem and something needs to be done about. (He's probably right, but I don't know)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol what do you have that actualy resembles a friendship between you 2?
    he sounds like a prat.

I'd blank him if I were you.

using blackmail to get what you want is something you do when your 12/13. And its its not fair for him to be a wind up and not get any stick when if you do it you get stick.

have you told him/asked about this?
    If he won't listen when you try to talk to him, then you don't need a "friend" like him, do you?
    Maybe cool it for a bit. Not in the 'im not gonna talk to him until he talks to me' kind of way but more just have time to yourselves for a bit, but he does sound a bit of a twit.
    Well, the obvious thing is that he behaves like a idiot, the more interesting thing is tho, what's the reason behind it?

Maybe he's in love with you, and is really frustrated, because he knows you have a boyfriend (if you do?), so he tries to slid his head out of the guilt-loop and makes you get rid of him, so he doesn't have a bad conciousness.

Sounds artificial I know, but I behaved like that sometimes in the past.

I think you should confront him about it personally. Put on your courage-pants drive to his house knock on the door, demand entrance, pin him to the ground (maybe do the "nearly spit, but suck the salive back in your mouth in the last moment, at his face") and demand explanations.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Maybe cool it for a bit. Not in the 'im not gonna talk to him until he talks to me' kind of way but more just have time to yourselves for a bit, but he does sound a bit of a twit.

Which is what I keep on doing. Well, I decided that after the way he acted this morning (and last night) that us not talking for a while is a good idea. Only problem is, for various reasons, when we've taken breaks from each other before he still hasn't changed.

We can go for months where nothing like this happens. And he does seem to be the only person I can talk to about music without getting some really strange look off. (he doesn't believe this, despite me telling him that his friends thinks that I make up the music I listen to)
    If he won't listen when you try to talk to him, then you don't need a "friend" like him, do you?

It's only sometimes though. Then he comes up with excuses like 'I can't talk to you now because I'm watching football.'

I have thought about ending it a few times this year, but just can't.:(
    Sofie wrote:
    Then he comes up with excuses like 'I can't talk to you now because I'm watching football.'
    maybe he really is watching the football??
    if he thinks you're demanding maybe its because you are -always pestering him etc. read back your msn conversation history and see!
    lipsy wrote:
    maybe he really is watching the football??

Maybe. But it seems that he can sometimes watch the football and talk to me and sometimes he can't.
    if he thinks you're demanding maybe its because you are -always pestering him etc. read back your msn conversation history and see!

I don't always pester him though - quite alot of the time, it's him who starts the conversation even when I've changed my status to 'Away'.:yeees:
    well maybe you just don't get on. or maybe when one of you is in a bad mood you take it out on the other. or maybe sometimes you just piss each other off. who knows.. talk to him about it.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Well, the obvious thing is that he behaves like a idiot, the more interesting thing is tho, what's the reason behind it?

No idea. He is making it out that's all my fault.:yeees:
    VinylVicky wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

You do actually sound a bit demanding. If he says he's watching the football then that's fair enough, you're lucky to even get an "I'm watching the football" because most of the men I know would just ignore any calls/texts/requests for attention until full time :p

I'm sure he is in part to blame for the situation as he seems to exacerbate things with the way he reacts, but I think you need to take a step back and see whether this "friendship" is actually having any positive impact on your life and maybe think about just letting it go. Hard as that is.
    Hold on.... is this someone you know IRL, or just on the net?
    Miffy wrote:
    Hold on.... is this someone you know IRL, or just on the net?
    good question! you just can't take it for granted these days that people have actually met their "friends" in the flesh!
    briggi wrote:
    most of the men I know would just ignore any calls/texts/requests for attention until full time :p

He does sometimes do this. And sometimes he will tell me the scores even when I'm not that interested. (and he knows that I'm not interested as well)
    Hey there, I know it must be hard to understand why your friend is acting this way, so I thought I would put an article about friends going bad, and I hope this helps.good luck with everything :)