Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Black and black

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got some real cute tops for my job yesterday and several of them are black because its bland like me :razz: What kind of pants can you wear with black tops? Can you wear black pants? Goth doesn't go well with me and the uber pasty skin. What color pants would be best?

Comments

• Options
    either grey or pinstriped.

i sometimes wear a black top with black trousers but then i accessorize with a belt and beads so that i don't look like a goth.
  • Options
    The tops do have small stripes on them already and I don't own accessories. But gray pants would be good? The stripes are silver and/or blue on them. 2 are verticle, one horizantal and one is plain, but sweater-like.
  • Options
    Im wearing black trousers and a black top today, but i wear black on the outside cos black is how i feel on the inside.
  • Options
    Im wearing black trousers and a black top today, but i wear black on the outside cos black is how i feel on the inside.

:heart::heart:

You've inspired me. And I love you.
    I just need to invest in some black eyeliner now
  • Options
    Wearing lots of black doesn't instantly make you a goth! But it is a good idea to break it up somehow with accessories and such. If you don't do accessories, then patterns or stripes work well (Like you've mentioned with your tops). But as Lipsy said, grey is fab, and so this season, dahling! :razz:

ETA: I love black. I wear it lots, espesh at the moment..And I'm far from looking like a goth :razz:
  • Options
    Wearing lots of black doesn't instantly make you a goth!

:

I know, I'm just so unnaturally casper white with dark hair that when I do wear black I see goth instantly :p

I hope gray doesn't go out by spring, I hate buying stuff that goes away soon. Stick with classics. Hopefully Express has some... do you have express there? Do they have any cute gray pants?
  • Options
    Hmm, no, we don't have one of those here. That must be another one of those weird American stores... :razz:
  • Options
    Black jeans are hot, if you're allowed to wear them.

Otherwise, what everyone else said - grey is nice, and really in this season.

I like black and black though, but on saturday night I wore a black top and a black denim skirt and some old guy stood by me at the bar was like "You look a bit gothic. Are you a biker chick?" I was like Whaaat?

Anyway, wear what you feel comfortable in! Don't not wear something just cause you think other people will label you!
  • Options
    ^_^ wrote:

Anyway, wear what you feel comfortable in! Don't not wear something just cause you think other people will label you!

I don't feel comfortable in any of it, thats why I've got so many questions :p
  • Options
    We wear all black everyday at college, some of us with really pale skins and dark hair. Admittedly it's a uniform, but colourwise we look fine, it all depends on the style of the outfits, hair, make up etc.

What were you thinking of wearing with the black/black - if anything? Tbh, if it's got a bit of another colour in it as well, I'd wear it with black trousers anyday :)
  • Options
    as i said before.. accessorize!
  • Options
    Yup!
    Accessorizing is everything :D

I like wearing black with grey jeans.

And black and black can look great with red/bold coloured accessories :D
  • Options
    As I said before, I don't accessorize :razz:
    I don't like it and it gets on my nerves.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    As I said before, I don't accessorize :razz:
    I don't like it and it gets on my nerves.

at all?
    doesnt have to be hardcore.

dont you wear any kind of hair thing? or even just cheap bracelet/necklace or anything?

then i recommend black with grey :)

or black with white with black
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    at all?
    doesnt have to be hardcore.

dont you wear any kind of hair thing? or even just cheap bracelet/necklace or anything?

then i recommend black with grey :)

or black with white with black

My hair in a small black band I have 1 small ring :p

Something like this?
    http://www.expressfashion.com/styles/womens.jsp?groupId=39 (second page, second from right end)

Black shoes too?

What do brown shoes go with?
  • Options
    tbh as long as its not every single day, then I dont think an all black outfit will look gothy. If I were you manda id just find some plain fitted tops in various colours and wear them with black trousers. Get used to wearing trousers in the same way you always wore jeans before.
  • Options
    Well, black shoes go with anything. They're a classic, so a good investment all round really.
  • Options
    wear grey or like plaid pants, like tweed or something, or pinstripe pants.. to break up the block colour a bit =]