Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

low low self esteem

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm feeling much better now thanks to you guys.

I know where I need to start to feel better about myself =)

It's half 3 and I gotta go study.

yay!

xo
  • Options
    I'm kinda like that. I thought it was cos i've been poor for ages and my clothes aren't really "in" anymore, so i just blew £500 on clothes and to be honest i don't feel any better. Worse cos i couldn't afford it.

I realised it's cos i've got chunky and everything feels wrong. If i'm uncomfortable i get stressed and i start thinking everyones looking at me when they probably aren't.
  • Options
    IWishIWas, you're really pretty you daft mare! I just followed you to the other thread and had a look, and you really are. Trust me this problem is not because of the way you look, it's in your head girly. ;)
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    IWishIWas, you're really pretty you daft mare! I just followed you to the other thread and had a look, and you really are. Trust me this problem is not because of the way you look, it's in your head girly. ;)

Aww! Thank you!

I've been feeling much better today because I've had a lot of lovely support from you guyses.

Let's hope it can stay that way! At least, for a little while longer :)
  • Options
    start pretending to be confident and soon you'll find you will be. :yes:
  • Options
    start pretending to be confident and soon you'll find you will be. :yes:

yeess

man, i havent been so determined in so long to be awesome

i want to be awesome

yes i do
  • Options
    but the key to this is, you already are! :thumb:

eta: not that i know you, but you're meant to think this of yourself already.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    but sometimes i just worry and get paranoid that i'm not pretty enough to go out with certain groups of friends.
    I just went on your Myspace and you're way prettier than your friends on there. :thumb:
  • Options
    Ooh, I know this isn't what this thread is about, but talented too! I like your poetry.
  • Options
    i know how you feel

infact, i`m going out tonight and i`m in a foul mood because nothing looks right!

if i`m not going anywhere, i literally sit in my pj`s all day because i cannot be bothered with the depressing chore of finding something to wear!

so i cant really give you advice, because i`m the same, just remember, theres always someone uglier and fatter than you! lol
  • Options
    nothing looking right doesn't necessarily mean you have low self esteem.
  • Options
    ok, but i think i should know how i feel....

its a vicious cycle, nothing looks right, so i feel fat/ugly which lowers my self esteem, what part of that dont you get?

she actually mentioned clothing as a source of her low self esteem in her first post....so it`s not just me
  • Options
    thanks guys for being very lovely and helpful :)

I gotta go pick out a dress or something for the Xmas work night out...so that should be interesting to say the least.

I think I like to blame my poorness and my clothes for the fact I feel like shit sometimes before I go out. When really, I just gotta give myself a good mental slap!!
  • Options
    I think a lot of it is to do with age...when you're an old fart like me you stop caring so much what other people think!
  • Options
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    Something incriminating? :p

Iwish, your not ugly. ;)
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    what part of that dont you get?

calm down love.

if you don't look right in your clothes then clearly you're buying the wrong things.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    its a vicious cycle, nothing looks right, so i feel fat/ugly which lowers my self esteem, what part of that dont you get?
    if you feel like nothing looks right then i think that would be because you have low self esteem. unless you really are buying all the wrong clothes.
  • Options
    I think all you women her with low esteem can all benefit from testosterone jabs. :cool:
  • Options
    calm down love.

if you don't look right in your clothes then clearly you're buying the wrong things.
    ok, whatever i post, you`re gonna post something that tries to totally belitte what i`ve said

of course i look right in my clothes, but i`m sure a lot of people have days when no matter what they try on, they feel awful

people say i look nice so its not a case of buying the wrong things, its about how i feel, which is low self esteem
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Ok ladies, whatever problem you have with each other, please keep it off the boards. It is neither interesting to other board users or relevant to the thread.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Ok ladies, whatever problem you have with each other, please keep it off the boards. It is neither interesting to other board users or relevant to the thread.

yes.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I'm kinda like that. I thought it was cos i've been poor for ages and my clothes aren't really "in" anymore, so i just blew £500 on clothes and to be honest i don't feel any better. Worse cos i couldn't afford it.

I realised it's cos i've got chunky and everything feels wrong. If i'm uncomfortable i get stressed and i start thinking everyones looking at me when they probably aren't.
    But if you don't mind me asking... Why do you need certain types of clothes and to be a certain weight to be happy and have good self-esteem?

I'm sure you're beautiful. :)

I don't get the whole 'being thin' thing with women... I've seen a lot of wonderful large women who dress so well and have an air of grace about them. It's like the media tells us we should look a certain way, act a certain way, but then those ways don't always reflect reality and let's face it... It's all about making money for big companies anyway, that's what I think.

Same as I know some people who dress in a way that makes them unique, quirkiness can be cute ya know.
  • Options
    Just to say... that I spend a little bit of extra care doing my hair and makeup the other night, doing it just a little bit subtley different. And I put together some clothes I already had.
    I went out with my friend who I normally always feel UGLY next to (she has lots of pretty clothes AND had just had her done)
    But I felt freakin amazing! And had a fantabulous night :)
    Starting to feel good about myself.

Let's see how I manage tonight with my very uniquely fashion conscious flatmate! x
  • Options
    great stuff :)

x
  • Options
    glad to hear it! :thumb: