Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Asked a mate out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok the otherday i asked a mate of mine out. She said that she would perfer to talk about it in person (was on MSN at the time lol) she txted me later on through the night say that i shouldnt worry about what i said and reminded me she didnt say no.

What would you say her answer might be?

I really hope she says yes but i have that feeling that it will be a no.

so i thought id ask on here and see what you girls think.

(shes gone away for a few days at the mo so dont get to see her at the mo so cant really talk to her till the end of the week.

Comments

• Options
    Well she didnt give an out right no did she so thats not a bad sign at all, just give her time to think about it.

Good luck with it!
  • Options
    ok...just from your post....the way she reminded you she hadnt sed no says to me that she's considering it! BUT....i dont know her, or the situation fully....so dont pin all your hopes on it!
  • Options
    ok thanks i shall keep my fingers crossed
  • Options
    I would say that as she reminded you that it wasn't an outright no, it looks positive. She must be at least seriously considering it to have not said no straight away.

Good luck though :).
  • Options
    :D:D:D

She told me she would rather talk in person about it so i spose thats a good sign too right?
  • Options
    From what she's said it sounds to me as if shes leading you on tbh.
    You were mates before so if it was a yes then surely she would have just come straight out and said yes. With some girls they just like being chased, she may even have interest from other lads. Sorry to say it mate but I think you'll just have to wait it out.
    Also, dont pin all your hopes on her because she may say yes then still be fucking you about along with other lads.
    She might not be that type of girl at all but i've had a lot of experience with girls that like to be full of 'mystery' and will never be up front about anything.
    But hey what do i know, good luck man.
  • Options
    A good friend of mine once asked me out and as it came completely out of the blue, I couldn't really say yes or no straight away because I'd never thought of him like that before. So I told him I'd think about it, but I ended up saying no. To be honest I think you'd know a friend well enough to feel a gut instinct to say yes if they suddenly were to ask you out, whereas if you're not sure that probably means "No, but I don't to say that straight out without giving it careful consideration, because you're a friend and I don't want to hurt you if there's any possibility it could work out."

Personally I'd expect to get the answer "No". That way, if she does say no you're not going to be disappointed, but if she says yes it'll be a great surprise! I think the text to say not to worry was probably to say don't feel bad, she's giving this careful consideration because she doesn't want to hurt you by turning you down straight away. Sorry, that's just my opinion and I'm sorry it's not more positive!

On the other hand I know a girl who was asked out by a friend who said no and then changed her mind a couple of weeks later. So who knows? Let us know what happens either way.
  • Options
    thanks, iv only got back in touch with her over the last 2 months. a few weeks ago she said i was at the front of the Q for anythin like that so she knows that iv liked her for a long time.

Well i spose i will find out when she gets back.

Thanks for the help :)
  • Options
    You asked someone out through MSN? The age of romance really hasnt died has it.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    The age of romance really hasnt died has it.

My friend got asked out over Facebook last week :p
  • Options
    wildchild wrote:
    My friend got asked out over Facebook last week :p

I havent the faintest idea what that is and I'm glad.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    You asked someone out through MSN? The age of romance really hasnt died has it.

:lol::lol:
    Post of the week right here!
  • Options
    LMAO yeah looking back it wasnt the best of ideas lol. But i spose things move on lol