Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone in Newcastle like to do me a favour?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:impissed: Could you pop down to Fenkle St, nip into the Legal Services Commission and give them a swift kick in the nads from me?

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gladly;)
    Haha, I thought you might volunteer.

Make it a hard one.
    They granted me legal aid to apply to vary the order which gives my ex (who shall henceforth be referred to as "wanker") residence of my daughter who now lives with me.

Then they discharged it because "no-one is opposing it".

How in the fuck is wanker going to oppose it until after I've actually made the application?!
    That sounds like the LSC to me.

I owe them a large kick on behalf of my father-in-law. They're all cunts.
    This leaves me with three options.

Go and get it writing from wanker that he will oppose my application. (Unlikely)

Wait till he applies to enforce the existing order.

Do it as a litigant in person. (Gulp)

How hard would that be do you think? (I have more than one braincell if that helps. ;) )
    I'd wait until he tries to enforce the order, but that does run risks.

Ask your solicitor for a bit of advice. Most solicitors are happy to give a bit of pro bono advice as its good for client relations.
    Kermit wrote:
    I'd wait until he tries to enforce the order, but that does run risks.

Ok, what risks do you mean? I know there are risks, for one thing he's already demanded her return and tried to involve the Police to that end (needless to say they were supremely uninterested); now we're concerned that if she goes down there he might try to force her to stay. You might have some in mind that I hadn't considered.
    Ask your solicitor for a bit of advice. Most solicitors are happy to give a bit of pro bono advice as its good for client relations.

Mmm, ok, will do.
    More legal risks, that you could be found against for keeping her away from him. Although obviously her testimony about what a cunt he is should help with that.

Definitely ask your solicitor how to proceed. They will help with the LSC too, I know who I worked with in the criminal sector was always happy to help people with their Legal Aid forms.
    Kermit wrote:
    More legal risks, that you could be found against for keeping her away from him. Although obviously her testimony about what a cunt he is should help with that.

Definitely ask your solicitor how to proceed. They will help with the LSC too, I know who I worked with in the criminal sector was always happy to help people with their Legal Aid forms.

Ah, well I thought about that and I thought it might be asked why I didn't make my own application, and obviously now the answer will be all this crap about the Legal Aid.

I shall ask him, but as it was him who filled in the forms in the first place I don't know that he'll be able to help much with that.
    Suppose I could get the train to newcastle
    Thanks GWST. Thanks for the offer too Mr G, if you so feel like doing feel free, although I'm sure Kermit could deliver a hefty kick all by himself.

I spoke to my solicitor on the phone a few minutes ago, he's already written to them in protest, he says it's the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard and someone in that office has made a mistake. He's fairly sure that by the end of the week he'll have the green light to continue. Me, I think seeing is believing, so I'll believe it when I see the letter telling me so.

So have to wait and see now.