Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which is better for you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To go out with someone who is actually a lot older or younger then yourself (i.e. big age difference) but you two look similar in age.

or

To go out with someone who's age is a lot closer but you two look like you've got a big age difference, i.e. one of you is like babyfaced and the other is like old looking even though the age difference is minor?

I look a lot younger then my years and most of the girls my age look a lot older then me .. so I'd prefer the first option.

Comments

• Options
    It wouldn't matter really because I'm not bothered what other people would think.

Saying that though, my last wee thing was only 17 but looked and acted well older than that. I'm quite young looking too so you wouldn't have noticed really :yippe:
  • Options
    Is this a hypothetical question and there can ONLY be one of these two answers? Because I look quite young for my age, yet have an older boyfriend. Soooo I don't fit with either of those.
  • Options
    I'd prefer to go out with someone who looks similar and is of similar age in terms of maturity, than in terms of actual age. So yeah, the first one.
  • Options
    I'd prefer the first one myself. Don't want no one too old looking.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    It wouldn't matter really because I'm not bothered what other people would think.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I'd prefer the first one myself. Don't want no one too old looking.

:lol:

Yeah it wouldn't really bother me which one either, it doesn't matter as long as I liked them and they liked me and we were happy.
  • Options
    I don't really care what other people think tbh. To answer the question though if it meant that the person my age was more similar in maturity to me, then I'd prefer the second.

That said I'd have no problem dating a much older or younger bloke tbh, if we were on a similar spot in life and maturity.
  • Options
    I'd rather be with someone who I was mentally the same age as. Actual age makes no difference imo, neither does how people look.
  • Options
    Someone who looks older, someone who acts mature and has a fun side will suit me, thanks :D